RMB management

Earlier tonight a TNP member suggested I eliminate all extra-regional advertisements without discretion. He felt quite strongly about it. I will admit being tempted over the last month to do just that but have always felt it was a little heavy-handed.

How do you guys feel about this subject? I'd love to hear the RA membership's take.

No regional ads too obvious, but recruiters may post poems and have "hidden recruitment message" in them. that will be fun! It's like you have to "secretly" pass the message around by using poetry. Also, prohibit the use of tag.

I am wohle-heartedly in favor of the banning of regional adspam and I am now working on a draft of appropriate legislation.

EARLY DRAFT-

First Rough Draft:
The North's Official Policy, Exisiting To Oppose Stupid Posted Ad Messages (NOPE TO SPAM) - very workable title; first thing I came up with
-
REALIZING that User-Created Regions must recruit from the Pacifics to ensure their membership;
RESPECTING their right to recruit via direct interaction with individual nations;
RECOGNIZING that the Regional Message Board is intended as a discussion area for member nations of The North Pacific;
The Regional Assembly and the Delegate of The North Pacific hereby declare a moratorium on the posting of regional adverts on the Regional Message Board of The North Pacific. All such messages are subject to immediate suppression by the Delegate and the offending nation may be ejected and banned from the region by the same.

Any and all input is much appreciated. This draft is what came off the top of my head, so I'm sure it can be improved. I kept it simple because I like brevity and, tbh, it's a simple concept to codify. If this is passed, I think we should make it clear to our UCR allies that their recruiters are still welcome to live in TNP and encouraged to take part in discussions on the RMB. That, along with the in-game embassies, should keep their regions visible to the average citizen.

That could work.

That said, I've decided to make recruiters jump through hoops Dali-style until the end of the month when the next election cycle gets under way.

If and when the above gets passed, the newly elected government can revisit the RMB policy with a fresh slate.

We need to be sure of what the current position of the Game Moderators are with respect to this. The prevailing practice had been to accommodate their mandates in the past, and the last thing I want to see is a dispute with them over the RMB.
I'm fully aware that I was the one who originally pointed out the flexibility that the message suppression gives our delegates, but as far as I know there's been nothing official from them about changes in their policies on the topic. We need to be sure of that point before we rush headlong into formalizing a change.

Yep, B was right. Suppressed messages aren't deleted, they are just simply "minimized". Players may still read the suppressed content by pressing the plus icon. GM will not intervene delegate/founder's will in RMB including recruitment messages and so on (unless it is against the game rules).

James2Spooky and Blackshear are both correct about the use of the suppression feature and the in-game moderation team's use of it.

Further, they will not intervene in the event that a feeder officially bans adspam and kickbans all recruiters (see The Pacific), a precedent that dates back to 2008. The NOPE TO SPAM Act is sound from a moderation point-of-view.

OPA, as a lifelong resident of TNP, I've little reason to know or care what The Pacific has done or hasn't done on this topic, and I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask how the Game Mods would address a total ban on recruiter spam, given that they were the ones who imposed restrictions on the game created regions in dealing with this subject on the RMB.

I think you missed a very important topic in the NS forum titled "One-stop Rule Shop". You will know how the GMs look at the banning of recruiter spam in feeder's RMB once you've read that. Surely, they don't want to be disturbed every time a newly elected Delegate steps up and have to ask them about this.

Back