Flemingovia for delegate again

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
This is a short message stating my intent to run for a second term as delegate.

First off, let me lay on the line what i have not done.
I haven't gone rogue.
I haven't banned anyone. At all.
I haven't appointed any form of government. I promised in my manifesto that I would not, and I kept that promise.

I have...
Revitalised the RMB with poetry competitions, recruiter incentives etc.
Got TNP more involved in WA matters than (I think) ever before.
Kept my endos at a safe level.
REorganised the TNP forum

I will..... Carry on.
I have new ideas for the RMB,
I am well on the way to proposing the first SC resolution to come out of TNP in a long time.
I will generally be relaxed and enjoy the game. Face it - TNP without stress is quite nice, isn't it?
I will devote more attention to the OOC section of the forum.

Oh ... Happy new year!!!!

I'm not sure who this Fllemingovia is.... he sounds familiar. :P

Anyway, I have some questions to ask the candidate for the delegate position.

Firstly, You claim to have TNP more involved in WA matter and are also about to propose the first ever SC resolution from TNP, but I have see none of that in the forum or on the RMB that indicates our participation in your WA activity. How can you claim any input from the region when your WA votes is based on your opinion and your participation in Nationstates Official Forum and not the Regional Forum or the Regional Message Board?

Secondly, in your last election campaign, you have promised that the focus of TNP would change back to where it used to be most effective – fun and OOC games. However, you have not contributed to any of them during your entire delegacy. I'm quite sure that you have not done a single spam, or start any fun activity at all. Most of the activity in both area during your entire term is a time-killing activity done by regular spam player (including me), everyone is just doing it to past time for your planned fun and OOC that never show up. Do you think that you fail in this regard and that the region needs something more then just OOC and fun?

Thirdly, would you care to elaborate on your plan for the RMB, OOC section of the forum, and the reorganization of the forum?

Finally, it's been said that you spend more time on NS official forum and TWP forum then on TNP during your delegacy. Is that true?

Happy New Year. :)

First of all, please let me state, HAPPY NEW YEAR! :w00t: I know that it will be a great year ahead and hopefully I will not get too addicted to my new addiction.

And now to my other statements and questions.

Ok, so I know that I am really new to NationStates, this region, and especially to being an regional assembly member, and I further know that since I am new that I have not been her during your last campaign and most of your delegate term. However, since I have been a member of NationStates, I have kept a close eye on the WA and have read each proposal and resolution that has came up to vote. While reading the proposals, I looked to see if you had approved any of them but, you had not voted on any of the proposals or resolutions that have came before the World Assembly. I also have not seen you post in the WA forum on any of these proposals or give your opinions. I also do not believe that I have seen any topics on the proposals or resolutions in our forums started by you. I would figure as delegate that you would be the one to do this and let us know your opinions on them. I would further expect a delegate would let his region know how they voted the issues and explain their reasoning if need be.

You also say that you have increased the region's representation in the World Assembly, however I have not seen this. I do know that it was the holiday season and that you could have been preoccupied but I would specifically like to know what you have done to increase region's representation in the WA. I would also like to know how you plan to continue to increase TNP's representation in the WA if re-elected.

I truly believe that our region needs to be represented in the World Assembly at least to some extend.

I am also a big fan of diplomacy and regions helping out regions. I have seen that other regions come to ours and post things on what is going on in their region through their individual embassies. I see that we do not do this nor have anyone from the region doing this job. Is their any reason for us not doing this and would there be any plans if you are re-elected to start this?

Thanks!

I'm not sure who this Fllemingovia is.... he sounds familiar.

Anyway, I have some questions to ask the candidate for the delegate position.

Firstly, You claim to have TNP more involved in WA matter and are also about to propose the first ever SC resolution from TNP, but I have see none of that in the forum or on the RMB that indicates our participation in your WA activity. How can you claim any input from the region when your WA votes is based on your opinion and your participation in Nationstates Official Forum and not the Regional Forum or the Regional Message Board?

Some fairness in this comment. I got involved more in the WA because I saw it as my duty as delegate. engaging more TNP nations in those discussion could well be a goal for the next term.

Generally speaking, when I have voted in GA resolutions it has been in response to a thread here in z13, or TGs I have received from TNP nations.

Secondly, in your last election campaign, you have promised that the focus of TNP would change back to where it used to be most effective – fun and OOC games. However, you have not contributed to any of them during your entire delegacy. I'm quite sure that you have not done a single spam, or start any fun activity at all. Most of the activity in both area during your entire term is a time-killing activity done by regular spam player (including me), everyone is just doing it to past time for your planned fun and OOC that never show up. Do you think that you fail in this regard and that the region needs something more then just OOC and fun?

One thing I have learned is that an individual can create a spike in activity, but it takes a community to create lasting activity. I have taken steps to create an environment in which OOC can flourish, and posting records suggest that slowly activity is picking up.

I am not, personally, much of an OOC player. It never really has been, at least for the past 4 years or so. I make no apology for that, and do not regard it as a "failure in this regard" - NS attracts different sorts of payers. When my delegacy started, OOC was tucked away and scattered over a number of forum areas. I consolidated them and gave them a greater prominence in "the Gaming Zone". one major criticism of z13 has been that navigation is difficult. I hope I have greatly improved that. Anyone can start OOC threads, and it never was my intention to micromanage that area of the forum. Rather than sitting around waiting for "my planned fun and OOC" why not start some more threads or invite people to participate?

Thirdly, would you care to elaborate on your plan for the RMB, OOC section of the forum, and the reorganization of the forum?

My original plan was for a time of anarchy - do away with the constitution, bill of rights, the lot. However, it became obvious that I would not achieve that without going rogue. And that is not a step i was prepared to take. So I have left the legal wallahs to get on with their thing, and I have simply got on with being delegate.

Reorganization of the forum is about as far as I want to take it without this change in government. However, I would like the time to expand on the culture zone. I think that could be a real TNP strength.

As to the rest, I will post more on this later when I have time to articulate my ideas more fully.

Finally, it's been said that you spend more time on NS official forum and TWP forum then on TNP during your delegacy. Is that true?

I am always suspicious of comments that begin "it has been said." It suggests that the person prefers to whisper behind backs that speak openly to the person involved. So please tell whoever it is that "has said" to bring their concerns to me directly. Gossip is unseemly. However, please tell them that the short answer to your question "is that true" is "no."

There have been some periods where the NS forum has demanded more time. There was one short period when I got involved in a thread in TWP, but on average I have not logged into the TWP forum more than three times a week. Over my delegacy most time has been spent in TNP - most of it on the RMB, or answering TGs, as you would expect from a delegate. Time spent on that has meant that time left for z13 has been more limited (although there are few days when I have not logged in). My NS time is not limitless.

incidentally, in my endotarting TG I always say something like: "As delegate I try to represent the nations of this region - so please feel free to TG me with comments, suggestions or questions. " You would be surprised how many do!

While reading the proposals, I looked to see if you had approved any of them but, you had not voted on any of the proposals or resolutions that have came before the World Assembly. I also have not seen you post in the WA forum on any of these proposals or give your opinions. I also do not believe that I have seen any topics on the proposals or resolutions in our forums started by you. I would figure as delegate that you would be the one to do this and let us know your opinions on them. I would further expect a delegate would let his region know how they voted the issues and explain their reasoning if need be.

You also say that you have increased the region's representation in the World Assembly, however I have not seen this. I do know that it was the holiday season and that you could have been preoccupied but I would specifically like to know what you have done to increase region's representation in the WA. I would also like to know how you plan to continue to increase TNP's representation in the WA if re-elected.

I truly believe that our region needs to be represented in the World Assembly at least to some extend.

Interesting. Two posts - one suggesting i have been too active in the WA forums, one suggesting I have not been active at all.

Vilnoia, Welcome to TNP. I hope you enjoy your time here. I have mainly been active in the security council area. Look there and you will see a resolution (repeal sc#37) authored by me, and participation in an argument over the repeal of SC#3, as well as other threads. The General Assembly has not attracted as much attention. Frankly, I still think that place is kind of weird.

Some fairness in this comment. I got involved more in the WA because I saw it as my duty as delegate. engaging more TNP nations in those discussion could well be a goal for the next term.

Generally speaking, when I have voted in GA resolutions it has been in response to a thread here in z13, or TGs I have received from TNP nations.

Unfortunately, I have seen no thread on TNP about WA resolution at vote or any activity on the RMB or the WFE that indicates whether how can I registered my opinion on WA issue. So would you agreed with my assessment that it is you that are involved in WA and not the region?

One thing I have learned is that an individual can create a spike in activity, but it takes a community to create lasting activity. I have taken steps to create an environment in which OOC can flourish, and posting records suggest that slowly activity is picking up.

I am not, personally, much of an OOC player. It never really has been, at least for the past 4 years or so. I make no apology for that, and do not regard it as a "failure in this regard" - NS attracts different sorts of payers. When my delegacy started, OOC was tucked away and scattered over a number of forum areas. I consolidated them and gave them a greater prominence in "the Gaming Zone". one major criticism of z13 has been that navigation is difficult. I hope I have greatly improved that. Anyone can start OOC threads, and it never was my intention to micromanage that area of the forum. Rather than sitting around waiting for "my planned fun and OOC" why not start some more threads or invite people to participate?

I agreed and would like to applaud you for tidying the forum up. It had always been a bit of a confusion to me with all the sub-forum that seems to be a cross-over of each other and the new look helps greatly improve the OOC, but it is a responsibility of the forum administrator to ensure easy and clear access to each part of the forum and should have been done a long time ago. And with how little you have done compared to Gross in admin duty during this term combined with this fact, I would have to said that it will be a fair assessment to said that you needs to improve as forum administrator.

Also personally, do you think that TNP forum currently is a waste of your time since it's mainly OOC and not to your interest? Also the fact that NS attracts different sorts of players means we are alienating some group of more serious player (Like you) away?

I am always suspicious of comments that begin "it has been said." It suggests that the person prefers to whisper behind backs that speak openly to the person involved. So please tell whoever it is that "has said" to bring their concerns to me directly. Gossip is unseemly. However, please tell them that the short answer to your question "is that true" is "no."

There have been some periods where the NS forum has demanded more time. There was one short period when I got involved in a thread in TWP, but on average I have not logged into the TWP forum more than three times a week. Over my delegacy most time has been spent in TNP - most of it on the RMB, or answering TGs, as you would expect from a delegate. Time spent on that has meant that time left for z13 has been more limited (although there are few days when I have not logged in). My NS time is not limitless.

Two parts post, one said that it is not true that you are spending more time on other forum, the other admitting to have "limited" time for this forum comparing to others. So why should I vote for the delegate that have limited time for me comparing to others?

It is been mainly my concern throughout this term that you are attempting to breakaway from z13 forum by making nice with all the WAer in the official forum which I think is plausible seeing as how little you seems to have time for z13. You are right that you haven't gone rogue.... yet, but it's clear that you care little for z13 forum and of the Regional Assembly.

Unfortunately, I have seen no thread on TNP about WA resolution at vote or any activity on the RMB or the WFE that indicates whether how can I registered my opinion on WA issue. So would you agreed with my assessment that it is you that are involved in WA and not the region?

Hmm. Several times I have posted on the RMB. Perhaps not at times you have been on? As regards WA resolutions on z13, I have missed quite a few, but opened discussion threads on others - if you have not seen them that may be a hint that I need to make that forum area more obvious/prominent. As far as "So would you agreed with my assessment that it is you that are involved in WA and not the region?" I would not agree, no. there was a short period when my focus was on a particular issue in the Security council. During that short period that assessment would be true. But it is an unfair characterization of my delegacy as a whole.

I agreed and would like to applaud you for tidying the forum up.

thank you

but it is a responsibility of the forum administrator to ensure easy and clear access to each part of the forum and should have been done a long time ago. And with how little you have done compared to Gross in admin duty during this term combined with this fact, I would have to said that it will be a fair assessment to said that you needs to improve as forum administrator.

Ouch. I thought there would be a sting in the tale.

I think you misunderstand how administration works in TNP Admins on z13 have always been the servants of the legitimate government. We create and remove forum areas at the request of the government at the time. In fact, the period following elections is always a busy one. We tend not to make major changes off our own bat. So your question as to why the forum was not restructured earlier might be addressed to previous delegates.

Different admins bring different qualities to the role and yes, I would applaud Gross for the hard work he puts in to the day to day forum administration. For the record, he has made four times as many admin actions as I have.

Could I do better as admin? One should always be seeking to improve in life, otherwise what is the point of living? So yes, however well I was doing as admin I would seek improvement.

Also personally, do you think that TNP forum currently is a waste of your time since it's mainly OOC and not to your interest?

Absolutely not. given the effort I have made to fight for this forum over the years, it is astonishing you think such a thing. My time is not unlimited, and one of the downsides of being delegate is that time has to be apportioned carefully. The focus I put on things is for the benefit of the region, not me personally - but that does not mean I think the forum is a waste of time.

Two parts post, one said that it is not true that you are spending more time on other forum, the other admitting to have "limited" time for this forum comparing to others. So why should I vote for the delegate that have limited time for me comparing to others?

Not sure of the point of this question. I am not spending more time outside TNP than inside. Fact. But the fact that my time is limited in all spheres does not mean that I do not love you. Do not take it so personally.

It is been mainly my concern throughout this term that you are attempting to breakaway from z13 forum by making nice with all the WAer in the official forum which I think is plausible seeing as how little you seems to have time for z13. You are right that you haven't gone rogue.... yet, but it's clear that you care little for z13 forum and of the Regional Assembly.

Obviously that ".... yet" means my last post where I said nobody in the NS community would seriously think I would go rogue was wrong! Apologies.

If you think I am "making all nice" with the WAers you obviously have not read my posts on the NS forum. I have not exactly been cozying up to the powers that be over there.

As for the accusation that I care little for TNP, that is an accusations that saddens me, given my history. I will let the rest of the region decide whether this is true.

My questions are simple, and hopefully don't sound too blunt.

Your last election you ran off the platform of revamping TNP, turn it back into a more OOC, and fun place. Get rid of the government ect.

Now this question has been asked in here, and you have addressed the question, however what I garnered off the answer was, Yes I said I would, but decided to let someone else fulfill my campaign promise.

So in retrospect, is it someone else's fault your campaign promise didn't go as planned? Was it our job to ensure that your promise happens?

Secondly, I personally feel there needs to be more from a delegate other than a promise not to go rogue. I have no doubt that you won't, but I don't think that any other candidate will either. I am pretty positive of this actually.

Basically I want to see a more positive campaign, I want to hear about ideas. plans, and not fear mongering over what the other guy could possibly do.

Hi, wham.

I failed to get rid of the government, because I was not willing to impose that and did not have the tiem to try to argue that through the inevitable constitutional wrangling. A failure i freely admit.

I did not expect anyone to do it for me, no.

As far as the OOC goes, I refer you to my answer above. I have done what I can to make the OOC more user-friendly. Revival is dependent upon more than just me, though.

Secondly, I personally feel there needs to be more from a delegate other than a promise not to go rogue. I have no doubt that you won't, but I don't think that any other candidate will either. I am pretty positive of this actually

Your confidence is touching, but it is not something I share. Do you have any solid basis for that confidence, or is it just hope?

My platform is not just "i will not go rogue" But part of the problem of TNP is that candidates have been quick to make grandiose promises that they have not been able to fulfill. I hope to avoid that.

Bluntly, I will do what I can, when I can, as I can. Already this thread is highlighting some areas for improvement. If that is not enough, go for the glittery promises.

It has been good to hear from the few who have asked questions, but for a position as important as that of delegate I was hoping for more questions than this.

Has anyone got anything they would like to ask?

Well, having seen countless cabinets come and go, I have to disagree with you. I cannot remember the last time a cabinet functioned well for more than a week or two.

flemingovia:
Well, having seen countless cabinets come and go, I have to disagree with you. I cannot remember the last time a cabinet functioned well for more than a week or two.
Out of curiosity, how exactly do you feel this has been a more productive term than that? A couple weeks of activity appears to have been better than what we got this term, which was a Medaeval world forum which no one ever posted in, and someone active in the constantly dieing body of the Security Council since the implementation of Rule IV. Not to say activity in the SC is bad, it's good, just, not the only thing a delegate should do IMO.

As a citizen/RA Member, I'll be voting for the person that I think will bring the most activity to the region, since I think inactivity is at the root of most (if not all) of our problems. From where I sit, nothing you have done has improved activity at all. So, do you disagree with that judgment? If so, why/how? And if not, what (if anything) do you plan to do next term to deal with inactivity?

Better? Depends on your definition. At least I have not set up a cabinet of my cronies that has died in a matter of days. Admittedly, this term has been different. in my term there has been more innovation on the WFE and RMB than ever before, and far more rationalization and improvement to the forum than simply the creation of roleplay areas.

Since you have averaged only three posts a month since registering on the forum, perhaps I can ask you the question: What further improvements would encourage you to post more and get more active?

Well, if we're going to do the WFE thing... Updating it so rarely makes us look even more inactive. How long has California been up there?? Your original idea wasn't bad. TNP could benefit from more OOC games and such. We just need a delegate interested in promoting that not just during elections, switching his post-election goals of personal gains in the SC.

My post average is low because I had little interest in residing in a dead region. I signed up months ago and the stintch of inactivity drove me away. That will continue to happen... There are a lot of active UCRs like myself who would really like to reside in a feeder also. One would have to be insane to choose us though, the others would be more fun. We need to fix that impression.

Well, despite the fact that you say you have little interest in residing in TNP, I am glad that you are at least prepared to be part of the election debate. I think I also remember you (as Tannerfrankland) from the debates on the NS forums over Nazi Europe? ASsuming you are the same person?

I hope you will stick with TNP. I honestly believe that I have taken important steps on this forum, reorganizing things preparing the soil that will allow this community to grow. But one person cannot make that happen - to grow a community takes a community, and I hope you will be a part of that.

Back