Blackshear for Vice Delegate

Hello TNP.

I realize running for vice-delegate does not require grand policy statements and "If elected I will..." speeches but I wanted to explain why I'm putting my name forward.

Firstly, I'd like to resume active service to the only region to which I've ever truly been engaged. Real life circumstances have allowed me to allot significant time for the region for the first time in years and it seems apparent TNP can use an active player or two.

Secondly, I want to be Delegate again. I believe the main argument against a Delegate run on my part is my spotty attendance in recent years. I'm running for Vice Delegate to show that I can, in fact, stick it out and meet my obligations over an extended period of time. I believe actions are more important than words and I want to show the region what I can do rather than extend a bunch of easy promises I have no intention of fulfilling.

So, I in short: I want to help. I want to prove I'm reliable enough for the big job down the road.

Thank you for your time.

------- VOTE BS FOR VD -------

Thank you. We're taking baby steps. However, the current campaign trumps any ambitions further down the road.

Ok, everyone, I realize I'm running unopposed (as of now, anyways), but I would love the opportunity to answer any questions you might have. I understand the job itself is not action-packed and involves mostly being a buffer between the Delegate and everyone else. However, if something untoward happens to the top guy, I would be next in line. Might be some things you would like to know before that, admittedly, unlikely scenario unfolds.

I also wanted to add that I will be abstaining with my Delegate vote this election. It is my intention to fully support the eventual winner and I would like to be on equal footing with whomever is elected (provided, I am also elected). I believe that is an important aspect of the VD role.

Will you take a more active role in working through the endo/influence issues that seems to have the Security Council in a state of limbo? Or at least try to get those nations who meet SC eligibility to apply and join?

Best of luck on your campaign, Blackshear!

Out of curiosity, do you feel that the Vice Delegate should have more input on executive policy? If so, what would you like to see?

Grosseschnauzer:
Will you take a more active role in working through the endo/influence issues that seems to have the Security Council in a state of limbo? Or at least try to get those nations who meet SC eligibility to apply and join?
As Chair of the Security Council, I will be in contact with the current members and invite feedback from the more experienced members to determine the actual barriers to activity and try to address these issues. I'd be more than happy to extend a hand to eligible nations in an effort to increase activity and involvement while being realistic about the role some of the older players are willing to play.

Dalimbar:
Out of curiosity, do you feel that the Vice Delegate should have more input on executive policy? If so, what would you like to see?
I believe it would be useful for the Vice Delegate to have a role in executive policy, but not in a specific or codified manner. As, presumably, an active and involved player, I believe it would benefit the region to have this person involved beyond their endo-buffer and Security Council role. However, I think that role should be flexible depending on what the sitting Delegate and the region as a whole requires at that particular time. If the Delegate would like to send an envoy to other regions to spearhead a diplomatic initiative, I believe the Vice Delegate could add some weight to the discussions by taking on this role. If the Delegate would like to commission a study on the current viability of TNP's judicial system (for example), getting the Vice Delegate involved makes sense. If the Delegate simply needs quiet support and an occasional sounding board, then that should be the role played by the Vice Delegate.

Thank you to everyone who voted for me. I realize I ran unopposed but I appreciate the endorsement I received from the Regional Assembly.

Short term I'll be working on reaching #2 on the endorsement list. Long term I'll be trying to beef up the Security Council's membership. We'll see what happens from there.

BTW, I'm sorry I missed the election, my health is poor. But I'm thrilled to see you active and involved again. Makes me smile because I've missed seeing you around. :)

Thank you. I've enjoyed being involved again, even in a limited way.

By the way, for those wondering what, if anything, I've been up to in this role, I've actively kept my endorsement level in the #2 position (trickier than it looks) and have communicated with a few more potential Security Council members. I have my fingers crossed that we'll expand on the largest, most active SC the region has seen in years.

Back