Term Report

Dalimbar

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Despot
-
-
TNP Nation
Cassiars
While I have a few minutes in between wrapping gifts and going back to the madness that is Christmas with my family, I would just like to express my holiday wishes to all of you, and provide a little summary on what the Regional Assembly has accomplished over this term.

Since the last General election, the RA has passed the following bills:
October 27th: Elimination of the 15 Member Quorum
November 3rd: Special Elections
December 4th: Repeal Azure Articles of Alliance
December 5th: Abolishing the CLO
December 7th: TNP Law 29
December 23rd: Election of Pasargad to the Security Council

We have also discussed topics such as Delegate Recall, and there is currently a Committee discussion on "Constitutional Amendment on Emergency Review of Executive Action", which I am hoping will be better addressed in the new term.

We have also seen a vast increase in members, starting the term with just under 15 to currently 29, with one more member to be processed in the next few days.

We have had a productive term in the legislature, busy debating, consulting, and deliberating over legislation that needed to happen. I am quite happy with the activity of the RA, encouraging newer Members to become active and giving them, and all of us, a venue to pursue our interests. This has been a term where the Regional Assembly has, given its activity, voted against the rampant apathy affecting other regions and sectors of our world. So I would like to thank all of the Members of the Regional Assembly for being here and making things happen.

I would like to also express my gratitude to Westwind and Grosseschnauzer, for without both my term as Speaker would have been more difficult. Grosseschnauzer and I have been in near constant communication, with him helping me with RA applications and certain legal points. Westwind has always been around to pick up the slack in case I had computer issues (which seemed to happen more than I would have liked, but that is life) in order to make sure that the RA was still running at full speed.

We will be entering a new term in the new year, and I look forward to seeing the next Speaker, whoever it will be, and the Regional Assembly continuing on with the activity and drive it has demonstrated this term.

Cheers!

Back