Limi's Campaign

Abstain

TNPer
I'll keep this simple, I plan to coup but not in a major way. I'll only be removing 2 parts of the current system and then creating one new part. Very little will change and everyone will be free to do everything they've been doing.

The first thing I'll remove is any mention or requirement of a quorum to amend things. We have enough trouble finding people to run for office and trying to get 15 people to vote to change something is asking too much right now. All this does is make it easier to change the system to what the region wants.

The second thing I'm removing is any mention of the current constitution and other legal documents being the supreme law of the land. This goes hand in hand with what I'll be adding. Doing this will change very little as you will see below.

I plan to make a charter, with the help of the region, that will serve as the new supreme law of the land. It will be a simple document that grants the delegate full authority and power in all matters except how they're replaced. In terms of replacing the delegate it will create a simple default plan for challenging the delegate for their seat while also allowing the region to choose alternate additional means for handing over the seat. As we have a way of choosing the delegate through elections all this will do is allow people to challenge the delegate outside of the election period. In the future this has the ability to drastically change things but that is up to the delegate and if people do not want the changes they can choose a new delegate to move things in the direction they want.

Once all that is accomplished I will submit a motion of recall for myself to the RA and let people decide if they want these changes or not. If I'm removed I'll step aside and whoever is elected as VD gets the seat.

This, especially the charter and election challenges part, reminds me of how things are done in TSP. Is that kind of a generalization of the system you'd like to install?

Back