Uni Kisses Baby -- Full Exclusive Here

unibot

TNPer
Hey I'm Uni and I'm running for Vice-Delegate.

Obama-kissing-a-baby-300x197.jpg

(I'm the awkward dude on the far left with the sunglasses -- joking)

I agree with both the policies of Ermarian and JAL (although radically different), so I wouldn't have even the slightest hesitation in calling them boss. :P

My background is mostly in the WA, I'm the author of the most resolutions accredited to one author in WA history (with my friend and commended author, Sionis, trailing close behind), but that really doesn't mean anything in gameplay terms (which is why I don't think it would be responsible of me to enter into the running as delegate without more gameplay experience) other than: I'll be able to keep the North Pacific active in the WA affairs which was the reason of my inclusion into the NK administration as representative to the WA forums.. where I successfully defended the reputation and image of the North Pacific, for example I refuted the opposition to the NP's supposed 'anti-democratic' government, and kept the delegate well informed of WA affairs. I believe the NK administration was one of the most active feeder governments in the WA -- since I've been playing -- and it was the most well informed and represented to the official forums. With my information, NK knew when to switch the floors and when to stack to maximize our voting power, and he knew when there was a lemon or a hidden gem up-to-vote. My position was only at an advisory capacity, and I have no qualms with that.

My campaign platform would have three main aspects,
  • Facilitate a better system for lobbying, and voting in matters of the WA. The system we have now is not used very often and can be altered with the input from real lobbyists (myself being one of the more experienced lobbyists as of late in the WA) so that it is altered to increase effectiveness and reduce pressure on the delegate to reply to telegrams. My thought is an advisory board to the delegate, where lobbyists direct their qualms in-game via to one member of the board.. but I'd need to address this with the delegate. An advisory board would be more democratic than say, a hardly used forum thread which makes 'democracy' a joke in many feeders.
  • Improve the system for elections, I have a system in mind that involves an in-game solution to political apathy and low vote attendance, which includes more open elections, electorate voting stations via nation telegram boxes and a more modern and creative solution to running a democracy on NationStates. This of course is completely dependent on the delegate's feelings on these proposals, and the RA's. Just something to take away from this criteria is that I'm not particularly happy with the system for elections that we have, I think it could be better.
  • Run large-scale and customized telegram campaigns to increase endorsement support for the delegate.

I'm not a huge fan of campaign promises, my favorite politician in real-life would name two or three off that he would do and then say .. and that's it, because he recognized that the problems that face the elected official in a month's time are never what concern the nation at the time of an election. No one could anticipate, say, Hurricane Katrina.. and yet that was one big problem that took priority over the campaign promises (more gunz, more warz!) of the Bush II presidency. So, let me just say that I would handle such unanticipated crises with temperance, thoughtful deliberative, integrity, a little bit of humor, the moderation towards sovereignty in WA affairs that this region has successfully touted for years and hey, an open mind to new innovation and progression -- and I would be critical, but eventually supportive of any tough decision made by our delegate.

Keep your stick on the ice, that's it.

(You can ask me any questions you have for me, here)

Run large-scale and customized telegram campaigns to increase endorsement support for the delegate.

This is a good idea, but often I've heard of these things promised by people only to have them die out after a week or so. How will you maintain a system whereby nations can be telegrammed in the region to endorse the delegate (and maybe other pertinent information)? If you are planning on making this a committee, what is your plan to ensure they stay to task?

Well I've already designed a perl script to rip a list of WA members from the North Pacific, it would be easy to implement a telegram campaign using that list, I do it all the time in the WA. Usually takes me about two hours for that size of a list -- no big deal.

You just take a list like this..
span
groovistan
velon
laibach
wisconsota
fengate
moany_old_gits
medieval_things
unterwasserseestaat
delcovia
felenia
magehunter
impenyer
endless_skies
my_monarchy
herzliyya
anarcosyndiclic_peons
whereisthatistan
yaorozu
furlonia
aztor
novare_res
andrapos
liononim
grosseschnauzer
enif
andromeda_islands
oneofakynd
utsumi
new_allied_australia
new_greasbyland
elevation
the_chinese_kingdom
zzzaaa
espana_japones
buschgardensburg
leeste
khodoristan
spadestan
whole_conviction
zemnay
a_svoboda
blacknoirschwarz
flemingovia
the_gaean_reach
gruelvania
mylian
fiyjland
san_martiano
verus_pacis
nabab
sarerio
ermarian
great_bights_mum
ibronia
northern_cantons
luketenstein
aarghhhhh
irwinica
salingbor
ozmium
dajve_bikinus
sam_jenner
tortouqua
acane
longdawg
cherepovets
harpersia
gunnerxiv
wind_and_blood
ilvsivm_ii
aquem_tagus
homeless_shelters
earths_heaven
gradord
zarben
adrenilynne
agramer
bubble_butts
shamelessmcbundy
rhaetium
traggatopoli
aeronos
pastoralefaure
neutonica
snookster
desidenia
pradch
tenchuu
dyaks
kaight
gurevitch
wendir
genaty
fiore_di_potere
pope_bill
kotate
faecalencephaly
zeekayrage
davesports
witk
oj123
nawala
egold
complete-randomness
moe_vill
jennifer_myers
branley
new_irodina
nufs
sleepysniperz
blue_wolf_ii
langin babarific
duridia
benesie
devlesia
stargate_fans
new_kervoskia
crazinessnessness
dulaneybrewers
mandonica
higemaru
chalkacious
vectra_octavian
falconkats
freelancerie
western-rayown
centrizm nickgb
seabound_islands
trankebar
romave
lochsland
irixinia
wellintent
demonaic_states
ainustan
the_celeste_islands
maercsrats
hansoloism
texans12
north_pennsylvania
the_cobalt_phoenix
toge
thystra
gioto
the_rebel_repub
herbopolis
west_frisia
quellsband
argentu
lipidia
dtland
nartha
fradustanis
mk_steele
cubbelstania
vivenica
jerres
alamid
torestania
reciprocate
seatcam
elenenotopia
bulletproofps917
the_bretwealda
conara
new_womma
temerarius
thesniper
former_english_colony
ricordea
mariusander
yasashii
guysiknowkungfu
zeelanda
neutralnations
hekik
xcellent
din0
sauria
el_noobo
scydegall
brinkmess
zanzibarred
siliwangi
beharrell
burgim
allen_kirkland-jones
kitabo
karthadash
twils26
funky_soul
danatelia
dorotkowo
switwans
tripolipoli
oneoneone111
darkamerica420
the_oriental_dragon
durkadurkiranistan_ii
the_grate_state_idaho
ishygawa
kaichou
serendopia
siradetes
korlander
intell
ectual_character
orchyre
unibotian_wa_mission

.. then scratch the names off.

And of-course I could do a cross-reference scratch for those who are already endorsing the delegate.

Back