Here's an interesting idea...

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
You know, I just thought of something. An idea to keep RA members and other government officials at the ready - and in contact at a moment's notice. It's fiendishly simple. I wonder why no one else has thought of this one to use an admin tool and/or PM tool that is built into the forum.

Simply require RA members (and government officials) to be on a list to either/or recieve 'mass emails' for official government or RA notifications (like debates, votes, etc,...) or to set their profile to receive email notifications when a PM comes in.

Every month or so, a PM could be sent to each RA member/Government official requiring a response in order to maintain RA status, etc.,,,.

Any thoughts on this?

When I've served as Speaker in the past, I never hestitated to just go ahead and PM the RA membership for votes and other matters.

Some people don't like it, but I found that it did tend to increase participation by those who need a jolt to aign in.

Other have not wanted to do that believing that it would force people to log in and see what was going on. I havenever see that apporach work particulkarly well, so it's really a matter of a Speaker just taking the initiative to notify all RA members.

Roman, since the Speaker is looking for a acting Speaker, and given that you were the first TNP Speaker, a long time ago, are you sure you aren't available to serve as acting Speaker through the elections?

It would get things off of dead center.

Back