Dalimbar

Dalimbar

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Despot
-
TNP Nation
Angel of Wine
I would like to express my apologies for not posting this earlier, but I was camping.

I plan to keep this short and simple, so bear with me if I am frank. Any resolution, bill, or other legislative measure brought before the Regional Assembly under my speakership will have a fair amount of time for drafting, discussion, and decision making. That is to say, no bill will remain on the floor for months on end without it being declared ready to be voted on or dead. I will be asking Members of this Assembly to provide their input as to when they would like to see a motion be voted upon or not, in order to allow for maximum amount of discussion and consultation. It is hoped that this process will be fair and not prone to abuse. Failing that, as Speaker I will place the motion to a vote at my digression, usually within a few days after the last comments have been made in the relevant discussion thread.

I do not have a particular legislative agenda that I wish to pursue, and I plan to function not as the Speaker of the US House of Representatives as the Member from Ermarian described it in another discussion, but more along the lines of a Westminster-style speaker. This is not one persons legislature, this is all of ours. I plan to be available to each Member in order to address their concerns, and will take an open view on all motions presented. I am hopeful that each Member will help create the activity they wish to see, not only for their own benefit but for the benefit of the community at large.

Oh, and one more campaign promise. In order to facilitate the legislative process, a bar is required near the Chamber. Or perhaps a restaurant, as I know some of the places around Magicality City can be quite expensive.

Back