Judicial Election June 2010

Dalimbar

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Despot
-
TNP Nation
Angel of Wine
The time line for the Judicial Elections of June 2010 will be as follows:

Nominations: Monday, June 14 (1:00 EDT) to Monday, June 21 (00:59 EDT)
Campaign Period: Monday, June 21 (1:00 EDT) to Thursday, June 24 (00:59 EDT)
Voting: Thursday, June 24 (1:00 EDT) to Thursday, July 1 (00:59 EDT)

The list of candidates are as follows:

Chief Justice
Grosseschnauzer

Justices (2)
Eluvatar
FALCONKATS
Govindia
Whamabama

Attorney General
Gracius Maximus

Although I recognize that people have been nominated and/or are promoting their candidacy on other threads, I respectfully ask that they post a confirmation in this thread for records sake.

As a belated note, I am listing those who have been nominated but who have not declared their candidacy. Should they not submit a declaration of candidacy by the time the Nomination Period ends, their name will be removed from the Candidates List.

EDIT: Times on the end of the periods were incorrect.

I would like to run for the position of Justice.

I was accepted into the RA on May 21st at 5pm GMT so I will have the minimum 30 days required on the 20th at 5pm GMT, before the period for nominations end.

As much as it frustrates me to go through another round of deciding who may run and who may not, I would like to remind all interested candidates that this is what the Constitution has to say on the 30-day rule:

Constitution:
7. Candidates for these elected officials must be members of the Assembly for 30 days before nominations begin.
Bold mine. Thus, I can not place Limi on the candidates list.

I thought we already had elections so I"m confused why we're holding separate judicial elections.....

Nonetheless I would like to run for Justice :ADN:

Judicial elections run separately from the Cabinet.

While I did vote for you in the general election, considering that you were not aware of the election cycle in regards to the Justices implies, at least to me, that you are not familiar with the laws surrounding the Court. Therefore I would suggest you not run this time around.

The Speaker of the Regional Assembly has informed me that Chowda Head, nominated for one of the two Justice seats, was removed from the Regional Assembly members list due to inactivity. The Candidates List has been updated accordingly.

The nomination period is now closed. The official list of candidates is available in the introductory post of this thread, and the voting thread will be established on June 24th at 01:00 EDT.

Back