Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
I propose we amend the constitution's Article I, Section 3, Clause 4:
amendment:
4. The Speaker of the Assembly, CLO members, and the Delegate and Vice Delegate shall each be elected to 4 2-month terms.

Why? To improve activity and democracy.

I don't believe 4 month terms have worked very well.

I agree. But with this change I think we should alter the maximum number of terms able to be served consecutively (or get rid of the limit altogether)

If I may offer my opinion on this..

We seem to have a hard enough time finding candidates to run in elections, and not simply from the 30 day rule. There is a distinct sense of apathy here, and, for some reason, this region seems to just infect its citizens with it. Take the RA roll call as an example. Less than 50% of the RA session before this has responded so far. And just a quick glance at the member lists shows a dwindling trend in RA membership.

I've even seen members whom I PM'd mill about the forum for a bit and then leave and not sign in.

In my opinion, imposing shorter term lengths without any sort of consideration for term limits is not the answer.

All right, suppose we change term limits to 4 consecutive terms, and we shorten the election duration while we're at it to 2 days for nominations, 1 day in between, and 2 days for voting?

(Allowing people to vote 'absentee' on the day in between by PMing the election officer stating they can't vote on the actual voting days).

we can not come to forum everyday . even for election no message was send to RA members Admin needs to send Email and Pm to RA members to get them more involved or at least notified and shorter terms will make things more interesting

Under the last Constitution, non-judicial terms were three months. Many thought we were spending too much time in elections and not enough time getting anything done,

Now we're hearing the exact opposite.

Maybe we need to look at when[.i] elections are scheduled, and whether adjusting that and other elements of the election calendar before we change term lengths again.

Back