Primary Education Act[Archived]

unibot

TNPer
Primary Education Act
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Educational

Proposed by: Glen-Rhodes

Description: Observing that efficient education promotes social and economic growth in nations, and noting that investment in education is a necessity for continued national and international prosperity,

Adhering to the fundamental right of persons of all socioeconomic standings to receive a decent and efficient education, and further proclaiming that the World Assembly has the moral responsibility to ensure that all persons are afforded an equal and efficient education,

The World Assembly therefore

DIRECTS that all nations must provide a primary education to all who seek it, free of direct costs to the person or their parents, guardians, or providers;
- No person of physical or mental disability is to be denied access to a primary education, unless the mental disability severely restricts that person’s cognitive abilities;
- Specialized infrastructure is to be provided for those persons of physical or mental disability;

ESTABLISHES a broad set of studies that a primary education must provide at the best quality possible, which consists of mathematics, science, language arts, and social studies;
- Nations are encouraged to work with students to develop their own individual education plan that serves best to their intellectual development;
- No nation is to be subject to excessive interference by the World Assembly of specific curriculum, excluding active mandates existing before this resolution;

ENCOURAGES nations to create further venues of education, including secondary and tertiary education, and career and technical education;

CREATES the World Education Initiative (WEI) and tasks it with assisting nations in the establishment of international, national, and local education standards, education research organizations, and educator training programs;

DIRECTS that the WEI shall annually collate international academic research and practitioner studies on excelling education practices, and make such data available to nations, to assist in improving their primary education institutions;

EXTENDS the duties of the General Accounting Office to include the distribution of financial aid to those nations who cannot otherwise provide for all the measures required in this act.

It looks harmless at first, but as the official debate thread has found.. this thing is rotten with holes....

Let's look at this line here ..
"DIRECTS that all nations must provide a primary education to all who seek it, free of direct costs to the person or their parents, guardians, or providers; "

This free education would thus have to be provided to...
  • Any foreigner who walks into your region asking for an education.
  • Any foreign solider who walks into your region asking for an education.
  • Anyone.
Now realize, that down at the WA we've already created a lil' catalog in anticipation of this monstrosity passing. In this catalog, which is delivered to all non-member nations, it provides a glossy synopsis of the education system in all of the World Assembly's member nations. Personally I'm thinking of sending my students to Angbologa, because though their literacy rate is stinky, I'd be draining from the funds of the World Assembly directly (because they can't legally afford it otherwise), and I could pressure that little pee-shooter, banana republic into doing whatever I want. Free education at the expense of you !!

To top this off, the proposal asks for strict subjects and disciplines to be taught, as if Unibot teaches classes like 'social studies', we in Unibot, provide spiritual meditation in the wilderness, where children learn the ecology of mind, and the ways of human behavior by examining our own selves in a primal setting. This proposal is a blatant homogenization of the World Assembly's various education systems, the author of the proposal is intensely unsupportive of alternative forms of education which is evident from the "ENCOURGES" clause which discourages education that isn't provided in a three tiered, anglosized system or focused on labor or future work outside of academic studies.

AGAINST, with all my lil' heart.

Back