MOD Activity Logs

Tresville

TNPer
I suggested this type of thread a few times for the purpose of showing the forum members that your admin team is working to take care of the communities needs.

As I am now a GMOD (no applauds...sank u sank u) I have decided to take the initiative to get this going. Hopefully the other admins and MODS will use this and post their moderating actions. But I cannot force them to do so and have no power to remove inactive MODS.

Remember that many of the actions done by MODS are not visible and many times goes unnoticed. Only those that can view the CP (and I believe only admins) can see the forums logs in regards to MOD action. Gross does a great job of notifying everyone of changes to the board etc, but we cannot see which MODS are truly active and helping to maintain the forum. One MOD should not be taking on the bulk of the work here when a whole team has been hired and given the responsibility as well. These positions are not for stature and is a responsibility. Being a Moderator is a privilege and not a right....those that do not use their powers should not possess them.

So...if you're a MOD...please post your actions for those to view. You don't have to go crazy posting every single lil thing or give long explanations. A simple "Archived a view items during regular cleaning" wil do just fine. That is just an example.

Thank You,
Your GMOD Tresville

P.S. If anyone needs anything done (Thread split, move etc) please post your request in the technical forum. We cannot catch every request posted in threads.

Moved "Storage thread" to the NS DIscussion forum as the Revival project does not have an archive and I could not find an Archive anywhere else to put it in. Rather I could not place it in "General Archives" because that forums permissions do not allow for a thread to be archived, only whole forums.

In consultation with government, cleaned up the forum a bit:

1. Merged The Cafe and Entertainment
2. Merged Magicality City, the Regional Assembly category, the Elections category, and the Judiciary category
3. Cleaned up Homeland Affairs
4. Merged Communications into Homeland Affairs
5. Moved Spam Busters into Homeland Affairs
6. Moved Office of Intelligence Affairs into Foreign Affairs
7. Merged Office of the Attorney General into the Court

This isn't a final situation but I couldn't continue figuring out ways to compress and simplify so I'll leave it at this for at least the next few hours.

1. Reordered Magicality City to make some sense.
2. Moved Office of Communications, Office of Homeland Affairs into Newspapers

Restored group colours, added group colours box at bottom, created "Print" skin, made Eras have a pink "Bunny Tyrant" member title.

Note: have run into a bug where member titles have to be erased in order to edit a profile. Will make a "member title requests" thread where people can ask me to set their member title via javascript as I have for Erastide.

Have added support for a Nationstates Nation custom profile field, which links to the NS nation.

Please test it :)

Cleared out a bunch of old RA members from the RA member group. Most have been automatically placed in the TNP Citizens group.

While doing this I noted that Dalimbar, Earth22, Kjoman Isles, and Utonaga ought to be removed under law 28 but as I had not received instructions from the Speaker to that effect, I understood that I should not remove them.

It was noticed that Pasargad was abusing the edit post function, in a manner reminiscent of certain Legends. This function has been disabled on his account, at least temporarily.

Noted broken images. I have these images at www.thenorthpacific.org somewhere I believe.

I do not currently have time to change the URLs of all the images. Will do so at first opportunity, hopefully tonight?

Warned yangxue and moved the spam thread they had created to the lockbox. Put them on a 3 day post review. Could an admin review their account and ban them properly if they deserve it?

Democratic Donkeys:
Warned yangxue and moved the spam thread they had created to the lockbox. Put them on a 3 day post review. Could an admin review their account and ban them properly if they deserve it?
Sure thing DD.

I closed the thread "removals from the Regional Assembly". With the resignation of Govindia and the tidying up of the RA by Grossescnauzer the reason for the thread had been resolved, and the continuation of the discussion was becoming repetitive and counterproductive. There was a real danger of flaming, and the Root Admin had already expressed the ruling that if things did not stop the thread would be closed. Govindia did not stop: the thread was closed.

This topic seems irrelevant, particularly given the heavy use of "Admin Requests".

I'd like to unpin and close it, unless there are objections.

Back