List of candidates

Sydia

TNPer
A recommendation of the nations in TNP that now meet the SC requirements of endocount (lower limit 80, upper 136), influence (vassal or higher), RA membership;

Former English Colony
Mr Sniffles
Zemnaya Svoboda
Namyeknom
Great Bights Mum

Great list Sydia.

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but pending my confirmation as Vice Delegate, this recommendation receives my approval.

Indeed. The Council currently has no chair, so once you've been confirmed/posted the oath it's all yours.

I have no problem with this approach (after all I did suggest it as an option in my PM.)

Question: Are there any others who would be on the list if they reach 80 endos by the time the list gets presented to the RA?

EDIT - fyi - the amendments will be edited into the official text of the Constitution and Legal Code later today. I've got to take care of some RL things so I'll be AFK for a bit.

Oh yes, Kitabo has 90 and is a Diplomat (impressive!).
That's not too impressive, I am just too lazy to move and therefore simply stayed in TNP. ;)

It would be an honour, but it is currently quite likely that a few days will occur where I won't be able to react properly. Remember me if you need an urgent backup.

The constitution blabs on about what the SC is here:
Article VI: Security Council

Section 1: Membership
1. The Security Council (Council) shall be composed of trusted Assembly members of The North Pacific meeting Influence and Endorsement Count requirements set by law.
2. The Vice Delegate shall serve as Chair of the Council.
3. Assembly members may apply to join the Council if they meet the minimum Influence and endorsement levels prescribed by law. Other trusted members of The North Pacific who meet the minimum influence and endorsement levels prescribed by law may also apply to join the Council if the Regional Assembly grants an exemption to the Regional Assembly membership requirement by a two-thirds supermajority vote.
4. The Council shall admit by majority vote those applicants who the Council determines are not a Security Risk to the North Pacific.
5. If the Council denies, or declines to act on an applicant within 30 days, the Assembly may require the Council to admit such applicant by a two thirds supermajority vote.
6. The Assembly may terminate an exemption of a particular Council member from Regional Assembly membership for a stated reason by a two-thirds supermajority vote.

Section 2: Powers

1. The Council shall enforce any approved motion of the Assembly to recall the Delegate.
2. The Vice Delegate as President of the Council shall keep record of members of the Council and remove members if empowered to do so by law.
3. From time to time, the Council may, by majority vote, recommend an order of succession to the Delegacy beyond the Vice Delegate among members of the Security Council who are members of the Assembly. The order of succession shall be determined first, by length of current service on the Council, and if necessary, then by influence level, and then by endorsement level of Council members who have equal levels of service and then, of equal influence level. The Assembly shall immediately vote on the adoption of such recommendation by a majority vote.

Section 3: Responsibilities

1. Members of the Council shall be responsible for maintaining an endorsement level and influence level consistent with laws concerning endorsement and influence levels.
2. The Council shall submit to the Assembly a proposal to update endorsement level and influence level laws on a regular basis, when required by law.
3. Each member of the Council shall execute an oath of office.
4. Members of the Council are required to remain members of the Assembly unless granted an exemption under Section 1 of this Article.
5. The Council may advise the Delegate and the Speaker of the Assembly concerning existing or potential security threats to the Region.
6. Any removal by the Vice Delegate may be overturned by a two-thirds supermajority vote of the Assembly.

As soon as you de;iver it. The Ra will have 5 days to move to object to any individual name. Those without a motion to object within 5 days are automatically approved; those who have an objection moved will be admitted unless there is a 2/3rds vote in favor of an abjection.

So if I read the Constitution correctly, any member that is RA does not need to be approved by the RA, only by the SC (me and Tresville).

So that means, of the list, Former English Colony, Mr Sniffles, Namyeknom, and Great Bights Mum can be admitted to the council by a vote of the Security Council. Mr. Sniffles, Great Bights Mum, and Former English Colony have applied. Those three will be submitted to a vote by the council very shortly.

Am I misunderstanding anything? I'm not very fluent in "constitution" :blush:

Relevant legal paragraphs:

TNP Constitution:
Article VI: Security Council

Section 1: Membership
1. The Security Council (Council) shall be composed of trusted Assembly members of The North Pacific meeting Influence and Endorsement Count requirements set by law.
2. The Vice Delegate shall serve as Chair of the Council.
3. Assembly members may apply to join the Council if they meet the minimum Influence and endorsement levels prescribed by law. Other trusted members of The North Pacific who meet the minimum influence and endorsement levels prescribed by law may also apply to join the Council if the Regional Assembly grants an exemption to the Regional Assembly membership requirement by a two-thirds supermajority vote.
4. The Council shall admit by majority vote those applicants who the Council determines are not a Security Risk to the North Pacific.
5. If the Council denies, or declines to act on an applicant within 30 days, the Assembly may require the Council to admit such applicant by a two thirds supermajority vote.
6. The Assembly may terminate an exemption of a particular Council member from Regional Assembly membership for a stated reason by a two-thirds supermajority vote.

TNP Legal Code:
TNP LAW 30
The Security Council Regulation Act

Section One: Requirements

1. Members of the Security Council (Council) shall maintain influence greater than Vassal.
2. Members of the Council shall maintain an endorsement level of at least fifty per cent of the serving Delegate's endorsement count and no more than eighty-five percent of said count. Where the computation results in fractions, the count shall be rounded down.
3. Should Council members not meet or exceed the required endorsement level for a period of five days, the Vice Delegate is required to act pursuant to Section Two of this Law.
4. The elected and legitimate Delegate is exempt from endorsement requirements.

There's a special implementation process that was included with the amendments that passed about a week ago, given that there's only one member of the SC. The RA gets five days to start a vote to rject a name, and that objection was be approved by a two-thirds vote of the RA to be sustained. Otherwise, any name without a motion being brought, is automatically approved after the five days.

(Check the RA discussion and voting forum for the vote thread where the approved amendments appear; the implementation process is part III of the oackage.)

He's already on the Council. The implementation procedure was added to avoid any delays based on just one, or even no, members.

The sooner the RA has the list, the sooner we can get it completed.

Yes; Ermanian is within striking distance of the lower cap.
Three more!

I managed to gain 11 (and lose one to attrition) in the past nine hours, so I'll probably be there by tomorrow morning. (And that by endorsing only thirty additional nations.)

Edit:

Got eighty. I'm also a "Truckler", which if I remember correctly is better than Vassal. What do I need to post, and where do I sign? :)

Three more!

I managed to gain 11 (and lose one to attrition) in the past nine hours, so I'll probably be there by tomorrow morning. (And that by endorsing only thirty additional nations.)

Edit:

Got eighty. I'm also a "Truckler", which if I remember correctly is better than Vassal. What do I need to post, and where do I sign? :)
Clicky.

Three more!

Edit:

You also need to be an RA member, so cool your jets hotshot.

The last amendment, among other things, removed this requirement, but you have to be voted through by the RA

Sydia, that RA procedure is just to get the initial SC membership in place. Ermarian's too late for that process, but we should have SC members really to take the oath on Thursday, and Er can be voted in by the SC then.

Back