It's time to get back to work!

*Grosseschnauzer enters the main Assembly chamber and approaches the Speaker's dais at the front.

He turns toward the chamber standing in front of the Speaker's chair, and addresses the members who are present
:

Fellow members of the Assembly:

I have received your summons out of retirement to serve once again as Speaker.

Due to the elections, and the unexplained disappearance of Eluvatar, the work of this body has been in paralysis for over a month. It is time to get back to work.

I have spent the time since my confirmation this morning getting the Assembly's affairs back in order. Old records have now been archived, and the pages and pages of our past work have been cleared out of the public and private areas of the Assembly. All of the votes, debates, proposals and announcements prior to the most recent elections are now stored in our Archives.

There are various proposals that have been in Preliminary Discussions, and we need to review those to determine whether any of the proposals are ready to proceed. Input from sponsors is welcome. I will process the one pending application for Assembly membership this weekend

It is my intention to bring back the Formal Discussion stage of deliberation. I have noticed that the proportion of failed bills has increased dramatically during the time that stage has been despensed with; it is my belief that resuming formal discussions into a separate area will encourage greater participation in debate, and might assist sponsors in crafting proposals that will stand a better chance of passage. Under my plan, this main discussion area will be for more general discussions and announcements. I also hope to manage proposals ready for voting so that groups of proposals will be voted on at the same time. I will, however, only apply this process to new proposals introduced on and after the first of February.

I will have more to say about the pending proposals in a day or two, after I finish getting everything current and up-to-date. But in the meantime, everyone, let's get back to work!

Good to see some action!

This weekend was rather full-on for me work-wise, but I'm looking at having a fairly quiet RL week coming up - so the MoEA is going to hit the ground running once the DC is up.

Back