Freedom of Assembly Act

Tresville

TNPer
Freedom of Assembly
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Cookesland

Description: Nations of the World Assembly,

BELIEVING that it is an inherent right of every individual to freely associate and assemble,

APPALLED that in some nations this right is not enjoyed by all their peoples,

APPLAUDING the use of peaceful protest as a means to bring about political discussion and/or change,

DENOUNCING violence, fear, and/or terrorism as ways of bringing about these changes as a result of restriction of these freedoms,

Hereby establishes the following:

1.) All individuals shall have the right to peacefully assemble, associate, and protest to promote, pursue, and express any goal, cause, or view.

2.) No Government, Federal Authority, Corporation, or any other political or social group may take any action to infringe upon these rights; unless the individuals organizing are trespassing on private property and/or if circumstances beyond the control of the Government threaten the safety of those organizing.

3.) These things having been ordained, states that Freedom of Assembly cannot be extended towards any call for: violence, rioting, and/or actions that would cause harm to innocent people.

Votes For: 1,782

Votes Against: 665

Voting Ends: Mon Dec 15 2008
Current Vote:
2 For - 2 Nay

I dont support this resolution, I wouldn't say I'm against it because I agree with the principle just not the resolution

Back