Correcting references to the Bill of Rights

A Constitutional Amendment correcting references to the Bill of Rights and its adoption.

Section 1, Clause 1 of Section 2, and Clause 2 of Section 3 ,of Article I of the Constitution be amended to read as follows:

Article I: Stipulations

Section 1: Bill of Rights

1. All Nations and/or Players will beare afforded a list of rights to be as detailed in a The "Bill of Rights" to be passed shortly after enacted concurrently with this Constitution.

Section 2: Amendment Procedure

1. The Constitution and Declaration Bill of Rights and Obligations may only be changed via constitutional amendment in the form of 75% Assembly approval in a vote lasting seven days

Section 3: Miscellany

2. The Constitution and Declaration Bill of Rights shall share full, constitutional authority with all the rights and privileges that come with that authority. The Legal Code is second only to the previous in legal force. In case of conflict in wording, the Constitution and Declaration the Bill of Rights take precedence. Any and all other regulations and guidelines are lower in authority than the Legal Code unless otherwise specified.

The purpose of this proposed amendment is simple. It corrects several references to the "Declaration" of Rights to the "Bill" of Rights, and reflects the fact that the Bill of Rights was adopted concurrently with the Constitution.

Is this a cosmetic change or substantive? I mean is their anything to say that if this isn't changed the Bill of Rights will be less impactful?

I think it's really clear that it corrects the Constitution's language to reflect what actually happened when the old Declaration of Rights was separated into a separate document titled the "Bill of Rights" at the same time as the current Constitution was ratified.

If you look closely the Bill of Rights is referred to under three different titles in one Article.

Back