Cleaning up the mess

Gracius Maximus

Tyrant (Ret.)
In reviewing the Legal Code and the Constitution I have come to the conclusion that the whole thing (Legal Code) is a mess.

The Constitution, when adopted, included several Laws that are not consistent with the wording within the document itself.

On top of that, several new Laws seem to have been added to the Legal Code but were not added via amendment to the Constitution and therefore technically have no legally binding place in the region.

All that is coupled with the ghastly verbage used in some of the Laws.

Therefore, I believe we should take on a more activist role than past incarnations of the Court and push for some revisions and changes to the Law.

I will be posting what I believe to be adequate changes in this thread and welcome input before presenting them to the RA.

Are we looking to improve the logical, legal constistency of what has already been established, or are we going to be looking to improve/alter the actual content of the laws (past what may be necessary to simply clean them up, anyway)?

edit: Also, we don't seem to have any access to the private cabinet meeting room, which presumably we should, going by what Tresville agreed to.

I am of the opinion that we should be careful not to significantly alter the substance, or if you like the intention, of anything in the Constitution/Legal Code. Clear up stupid thing, tidy up inconsistancies or poorly written bits fine, overly contentious stuff I don't think we can afford to be too partisan on.

Undoubtedly there are certain people (you know who! wink wink!) who will kick up a stink whatever we do.

Tresville assures me access is forthcoming.

I think we should make proposals to clarify and complement with as little substantive change as possible.

Tresville has apparently been going back and forth with the admin team (Flem and Gross evidently) regarding our masks. Evidently the admin team has determined that they will not comply with the governments request.

I have posted the request again in the Masking Requests thread, referencing the list which includes us from Tresville in regards to the Private Cabinet Chambers. Perhaps the differences will be resolved soon.

(Just to clear something up. Tresville made his request to Flem, and I had no record, in the forums or by PM of the request.

I asked Tresville two days ago to clarify what areas he intends access in the Cabinet, and he has not responded to me about it.)

Thank you for the clarification, although I am uncertain on the reason for a request to clarify in the first place since in seems pretty clear in the Masking Requests thread.

Oh well.

Back