Minister of Defense and Security

Tresville

TNPer
Application period ends: 10/13 at 9pm ET

Responsibilities:
- You will control and police our RMB. Spam buster ranks u must fill. Name it, make it fun...whatever! I will add more "events" for the spam busters. More info provided later.
- You must keep track of Line Rule Violaters and spammers on our RMB. Report them....notify them of their violations and post a report. Person with the most stats gets a crate of rum or recognition via an award. You will have a special tool to police our RMB.
- You are responsible for filling the ranks of the NPA. WA members in the region, outside of the region and RA members should be a good starting point. The NPA will be a standing Army. (no worries...they will have things to do...I promise u ;) ) Invaders and Defenders welcome!!!! We wont be doing either...but we will be cracking down on spammers!
- You must help to organize the Intel and Security Agency (ISA).

Requirements:
- Must be in the RA or apply at time of CLO Vote.
- Must have experience Raiding/defending...either or or both!
- Must understand the basic rules of NS...including RMB violations, Update times etc.
- Could not have been a previous TNP or Pacific Dictator/Tyrant.
- Must be able to take orders from the Delegate without question.

Applicant should post his/her resume here. Please make sure u fill the requirements. Post them in your app.

I'll apply.

Been raiding since March 2005. Help plan, organize, or participate in over a hundred raids with Lone Wolves United. I'm currently commander of The West Pacific's Black Sheep Squadron. Also I was MoD in Lazarus for a while as well as Lazarus’ delegate twice for varying amounts of time. How's that?

Some who'll do whatever you say unquestionably isn't a minister, he's a robot.
Follow orders...its a military thing. But you know I always discuss things before hand anyway. But when a decision is made...I expect that to be followed.

Some who'll do whatever you say unquestionably isn't a minister, he's a robot.
Follow orders...its a military thing. But you know I always discuss things before hand anyway. But when a decision is made...I expect that to be followed.
Yeah, I get that. But you said 'without question'. I.e., no discussion, just do. Unquestioning simpletons do not good ministers make.

Hope I’m not too late to apply,

I am hoping to become more active within the game and to revitalize the NPA.

I’ve held 2 positions in the region ghost in the flesh (raider), the first as delegate when the region was founder less and had around 150 nations, I maintained a standing army while also defending the delegateship the founder then returned and I held the position of minister for external affairs. I then moved to the region of Catlandatopia (neutral) where I am currently a General of the armed forces. i have taken part in countless military operations across NS. I would be more than interested in any of the ministerial positions, but am applying here initially.

KR

Sorry for the delay...the application period is now closed.

"ALL" the above applicants will be presented to the CLO and then to the RA. Official results will be posted in the Delegates forum. The RA vote for "approval" will be open but the decision is not official until I post it.

Good luck to all!

so we're now becoming a raider region? <_< :ADN:
Yes. Alternatively, we could do away with the baseless alarmism and senseless knee-jerk reactions. But that's nowhere near as exciting, I agree.
Oh, you're right Heft! I rescind my previous statement, and instead present this one.

Gov, you came late to the party. The North Pacific is already a raider region. We raided The Genesis Federation with The Pacific. It was fun.

What? When :blink:

I thought we were a defender region? Tresville, who I thought is a staunch defender (given his title) wouldn't turn this region raider.....

:unsure: :ADN:

I thought we were a defender region? Tresville, who I thought is a staunch defender (given his title) wouldn't turn this region raider.....

:unsure: :ADN:
It was not a NPA mission. Heft assumed he was still minister and sent members in. It was not sanctioned. No legal action will be taken however.

And Gov...we are a feeder...we will start to act like it. We have both defenders and invaders here. We protect our own interests from now on.

The North Pacific left the Alliance Defense Network a number of years ago under the advisement of the then Minister of Justice, although it was the Delegate at the time that made the ultimate decision to leave.

Yes, and while in past administrations the NPA has had a defender leaning, the invader defender game is either grinding to a halt or has evolved to a point where the two sides are no longer easily describable, depending on who you ask.

In short, its not in the regions interests to say "We're gonna fight all the evil invaders no matter where they are!" or "Lets create chaos and invade stuff randomly!"

As a feeder, we do not have the luxury to do either.

It's no longer whose a "defender" and whose a "raider", it's about whose a North Pacific citizen. If you have a problem with that Gov then you can leave.

with all due respect, feeder or not, TNP has always been a defender region to the best of my knowledge, no?
For the most part yes...check the NPA code. But whats your point?

My point is things have changed....we cannot continue to ignore our invader people as it is not in our best interests. They are citizens and that is that. They and anyone else who has good intentions and cares about TNP is welcome.

ADN had nothing to do with our status as a defender org. We left and never returned due to their continued influence in the region. I made sure we didn't join when we reunited after the civil war. We remained defenders until I retired a few years ago. What happend after that is...history and news to me.

To continue to grandstand and moralize about some eternal conflict between "defenders" and "invaders" is just silly and pointless. That game has run its course, and things aren't like they were years ago, and never will be. Things chance, and TNP, at least, is willing to recognize and accomodate that change.

Back