Endotarter.

Wee tiddle is slightly rude but has been in the region at least since I've been back. They were one of those endorsing Lewis and Clark and not Great Bights Mum back during that crisis but so were a lot of genuine natives so thats hardly convicting.

Its good to have people keeping an eye on these situations those.

Actually I endorsed both Great Bights Mum and Lewis & Clark keeping a strictly neutral stance.

The only nation I would not endorse was Al Homa as I felt they sent me threatening and unpleasant telegrams. I am sure Al Homa will see it from another view point, mind you.

Lastly sorry to be Pedantic but it is on the Wap not Tap.

Anyway I just thought that it was polite to clarify matters before my upcoming expulsion from the TNP.

Goodbye

Wee Tiddle on the Wap

Well thank you for clarifying those rather minute points and not explaining your endotarting which was our only real concern.

But it was nice of you to stop by, please explore the forum so you can try and be more involved in regional issues in future and not be offended at attempts to include you in such matters.

I personally would say that portraying me as pro-Gatesville was not that minute a point.
It was a clarification of your, let us generously say, 'misleading' comment.

I could not care less what you think about me but when you start saying untruthful statements I feel obliged to correct them.

The forum is a very interesting creation and I can totally understand why people enjoy it so much. I feel that just because a person does not share your personal passion for it does not make them wrong or ungrateful.

Perhaps you should just accept that someone can have different priorities and interests without having to get all bothered about it.

WTotW

I personally would say that portraying me as pro-Gatesville was not that minute a point.
It was a clarification of your, let us generously say, 'misleading' comment.

I could not care less what you think about me but when you start saying untruthful statements I feel obliged to correct them.

The forum is a very interesting creation and I can totally understand why people enjoy it so much. I feel that just because a person does not share your personal passion for it does not make them wrong or ungrateful.

Perhaps you should just accept that someone can have different priorities and interests without having to get all bothered about it.

WTotW
What are u talking about? When did someone portray you as "Pro Gatesville"?

You have not even expressed your priorities and interests so how do we know that they are different?

You are tarting...we would appreciate your stance on the subject. To clarify!

You do not have to participate in the forum....you are in no way obligated.

Although if you seek to ascend to the delegacy then we have processes in place through this external forum for the selection of a delegate to prevent a malicious individual gaining such a position and abusing it to the extent that it ruins the game and community that people enjoy.

I don't understand why you have taken such offence to some of these matters. No-one has ever criticised you as being 'pro-gatesville' although excuse the delegates heightened sense of security at this time over the actions of that region.

There is no reason to be hostile towards myself or any other member of this region. We're open to hear your opinion on all matters of government and if you have issues then please do raise them and try to give further detail so we can look into them.

Tresville, when someone incorrectly says, ““They were one of those endorsing Lewis and Clark and not Great Bights Mum back during that crisis” that sort of implies they supported the enemy (that would be Gatesville) and not your guy (Great Bights Mum).

We do not have to participate in the forum until we are effectively summoned here on pain of banishment, you mean. Then we must answer some questions from the charming Zemnaya.

Just be glad this is the North Pacific.

Some regions don't even ask questions before deciding to ban. (you wouldn't even be banned, just ejected for an endorsement cycle- that is, if we decide to eject you)

Well..sort of is not so. But was that a fact he was stating?

I understand your point though.

We are just asking for clarification on your intent with the tarting. U could do that on the board, through tg but the forum would make sure that everyone in the gov hears it.

You weren't required to come here. You could, if you really wanted not to come to the forum, instead leave the WA for a day or the region for a night. :shrug:

Tresville, I think we will have to agree to differ on interpretation on that quote.
However that was not a fact, I am in the top third of the list of endorsers of Great bights Mum and never supported Gatesville though I freely admit endorsing them.

I do not even know who they are apart from the flag thing they have going on. All I know is that they are rabidly anti-UN/WA.

Outer Kharkistania, “Just be glad this is the North Pacific.”

On come on some of you (and I admit I do not know you from Adam and intend no insult) would hardly win any charm school scholarships.

There is a wee bit ‘taking yourselves a bit too seriously’ going around. I do not mind getting expelled, I have no idea what happens- it will be a whole new experience for me.

There is a wee bit ‘taking yourselves a bit too seriously’ going around.
I like this guy.

If you get ejected your nation is forcibly moved to a region called "The Rejected Realms". If you get banjected, that is, ejected and banned, you cannot move back to the region you got kicked out of. You'll lose your endorsements in either case.

Why thank you Sydia.

The rejected realms sound pretty ominous though a bit exciting. A place you know you really don't want to go but cannot help yourself, like Pigalle in Paris.

To be honest I really couldn’t give a monkey’s bum about endorsements, until I was told off and then they became so precious. I am sure you understand, “Don’t tread on me” and all that.

The Rejected Realms ironically tend to be stabler than most of the other major regions, for the simple fact that you can't be ejected from them, making them less of a target for raiders and the like.

You raise an interesting point; perhaps we need a generic
"Please stop endorsing everyone because..., nothing personal, hope to see you on the forums sometime," message, rather than one where it seems you get 'told off', although I'm sure that wasn't Elu's intention.

Touché

At the risk of causing offence- I much prefer it when you quote poetry rather than threaten to send me to Siberia and feed golden haired Amelia to the wolves.

Not that I am seeking to avoid the long drop……….

(excuse my editing, am all fingers & thumbs)

The Rejected Realms ironically tend to be stabler than most of the other major regions, for the simple fact that you can't be ejected from them, making them less of a target for raiders and the like.
We're always open! :hello:

"Please stop endorsing everyone because..., nothing personal, hope to see you on the forums sometime," message, rather than one where it seems you get 'told off', although I'm sure that wasn't Elu's intention.

I may be interpreting this wrong, but one possible rationale behind the current approach is that endorsement-swapping is an inherently hostile action, equivalent to an attack mechanism in more militant games. Sure, some players may be (and most are) unaware of the significance of endorsement-swapping, but it is fairly unlikely that those who know how to do it well are at the same time unaware of what they are trying to do.

Many claim ignorance, but historically most of those have been proven otherwise. Major regions, given a choice between the safety of their entire region and the welfare of one (usually disagreeable) nation, tend to wisely choose the former.

We're always open! :hello:

I may be interpreting this wrong, but one possible rationale behind the current approach is that endorsement-swapping is an inherently hostile action, equivalent to an attack mechanism in more militant games. Sure, some players may be (and most are) unaware of the significance of endorsement-swapping, but it is fairly unlikely that those who know how to do it well are at the same time unaware of what they are trying to do.

Many claim ignorance, but historically most of those have been proven otherwise. Major regions, given a choice between the safety of their entire region and the welfare of one (usually disagreeable) nation, tend to wisely choose the former.
I see your point, but sending a harsh telegram isn't gonna dissuade undesirables anyways and will alienate new nations who genuinely were ignorant. So we've lost nothing if we tone it back a bit.

When you kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite!

Now why did you have to bring Pigalle into the conversation? There goes my train of thought completely out of the window.

I do agree though that some people for one reason or another are becoming a little bit precious about things and lashing out with little or no thought when a simple polite question, and answering Emails, would have sorted this out a long time ago. A house divided and all that.

A harsh letter can also bring the briar patch response, i.e. if someone says don't do something quite a few people immediately want to do it to see what the fuss is about. The old if I go over the 150 does something interesting happen.

Very true Byakhee, very true.

Well I hope I've answered all Glorious Leaders questions and avoided the wrath of The Star Chamber. It's a pity that Svoboda couldn't contribute more constructively to the debate or respond to my questions in the same honest and open manner in which I have responded to their summons and questions.

ZS has been the democratically elected delegate for ...115 days without incident. Try to see where the delegate is coming from with this; if you'd seen (multiple times) endorsement swappers gain the delegacy and promptly ban hundreds of nations, including you, from the region, establish a government which at best can be described as "elitist cliques", it's likely you'd also be a bit chilly towards them. You could take issue perhaps with the tone, but the intentions were purely for the good of the region; it's how every region does it.

I also am confused as to how my tone was so horrible. I matter of factly stated what the issue was, and then stated that I might have to ban. Yes, it was a threat. It was a necessary threat.

It was an, from the viewpoint of the threatened, unprovoked threat dealt with a heavy hand. I understand a bit more of the mechanics of the system now but it wasn't a threat of a ban it was an ultimatum, short and sweet. Rule by edict is bound to cause a reaction.

Not the best way to make friends and influence peopel, wouldn't you agree?

It was an, from the viewpoint of the threatened, unprovoked threat dealt with a heavy hand. I understand a bit more of the mechanics of the system now but it wasn't a threat of a ban it was an ultimatum, short and sweet. Rule by edict is bound to cause a reaction.

Not the best way to make friends and influence peopel, wouldn't you agree?
Fine.

If my first priority was to make friends I would never say anything that could be construed as a threat.

It's not my first priority, however. My first priority in this context is the security of the region, therefore it was necessary to make the possibility that I would have to, for the sake of the region's security, ban you explicit.

It is just that you jump straight to the heart of the matter without going through any of the other nicer steps.
A bit like bad foreplay really.

But jumping in with the ultimate sanction gives you nowhere else to go. Come on you must have seen those hostage negotiation films. You reach the point where a threat becomes redundant because that is all it is.

Ever considered discussion before direct action?

As I said in a telegram to Vaticania Prime just now:

I do agree however that in an ideal world your endorsement swapping should have been brought to my attention earlier and I should have responded earlier, and therefore with a non-final warning. Unfortunately your rapid rise and my preoccupation with many things, and the lack of a specific system for doing what I just described when that happens, lead to my addressing your endorsement swapping at a later date and thus more severely. I regret not having the chance to warn you previously.

WeeTiddler, I'm sorry if I lost some of your telegrams.

Vaticania Prime: We are in discussion. I have not banned or ejected anyone yet.

That is very decent of you to say so.

I sincerely apologise if any of my remarks were unintentionally offensive or in poor taste, especially the 'odd' one.

That is very decent of you to say so.

I sincerely apologise if any of my remarks were unintentionally offensive or in poor taste, especially the 'odd' one.
As I am also sorry if you took offence to my tone back in March/April.

Just out of curiosity, you've been in the region for some time now and slowly gathered endorsements. What were the reasons behind your sudden surge of endorsing other WA nations?

It is just that you jump straight to the heart of the matter without going through any of the other nicer steps.
I get the same from ZS. All I want is a bit of attention but ZS goes straight for the...

Well, maybe I should leave that one for the tabloids...

More seriously, I think since the introduction of influence, and their rankings, neutral nations who are playing purely for their own interest, have much more reason to endotart (and dare I say it, much more legitimacy in doing so), than they did when all endorsements got you was a number.

After all, who wants to be a minnow?

I get the same from ZS. All I want is a bit of attention but ZS goes straight for the...

Well, maybe I should leave that one for the tabloids...

More seriously, I think since the introduction of influence, and their rankings, neutral nations who are playing purely for their own interest, have much more reason to endotart (and dare I say it, much more legitimacy in doing so), than they did when all endorsements got you was a number.

After all, who wants to be a minnow?
On the other hand, one can have nefarious intent in doing so. Remember Emperor Matthuis?

Back