WA PROPOSAL: Support Hemp Production[Archived]

Joshua

TNPer
Here is an old UN Proposal that I submitted back in the winter of 2004. It survived the proposal stage, and was voted into law. Eventually a repeal was put to vote and the resolution was nullified. I am sure some of the older folks here may remember this. :P

I have been toying with the idea of revamping the proposal and re-submitting it. Please comment, share any suggestions and ideas you may have to improve this. ^_^

Support Hemp Production

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: All Businesses

Proposed by: The Avenging Angels

Description: I propose that all nations should support the production of Hemp. Hemp needs to be recognized as a profitable and environmentally friendly crop.

Uses and Benefits of Hemp:

Hemp is suitable for industrial paper manufacturing, can be used for clothing and shoes, for use as a renewable energy source, and for use in food products.

The increased demand for health food has stimulated the trade in shelled hemp seed while hemp oil is increasingly being used in the manufacturing of bodycare products. Hemp is High in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.

Hemp due to its tall growth and thick foliage prevents the rising of weeds.

Hemp is such a hardy plant, it can grow easily and abundantly almost anywhere. Hemp can even be cultivated in arid regions with poor soil or in places with a very short growing season. Hemp requires little water or nutrients, and therefore can be grown without chemical fertilizers.

Hemp is an ideal rotation crop for farmers worldwide. It puts down a taproot twelve inches long in only thirty days, preventing topsoil erosion.

The depletion of the ozone layer threatens to reduce soy crops by up to 50%, but hemp is immune to the damages of ultraviolet light.

Hemp's cellulose level is three times that of wood, so it makes superior paper products and yields four times as much pulp per acre as trees. The hemp paper process utilizes less energy and fewer chemicals than tree paper processing and doesn't create the harmful dioxins, chloroform, or any of the other 2,000 chlorinated organic compounds that are byproducts of the wood paper process.

Hemp is a sustainable, annual crop that is ready for harvest just 120 days after going to seed, compared to trees which take tens or hundreds of years to reach maturity. Harvesting hemp doesn't destroy the natural habitats of thousands of distinct animal and plant species.

Therefore I propose that each nation that supports this program set up an advisory board to oversee this program and its financial operation. The advisory board will be comprised of 8 officials and one director of the board. The board will be comprised of other workers to help these 8 officials and to help manage the work of this agency.

The director and these 8 officials will be picked by the government of that nation. The director will have discretion in selecting the employees needed to make the agency run.

The members will be:

2 economists, 2 ecologists, 2 agriculturalists who are knowledgable and haver experience in growing hemp, and 2 biologists.

The advisory board will have the power to provide incentives to farmers that grow or will grow hemp.

The incentives given to farmers who use hemp as a crop can take several forms:

1. Farmers who grow hemp will be given tax breaks. These tax breaks will be based on how hemp the farmer grows, and the maximum tax break will be 45% for a yearly period.

2. Farmers will recieve monthly stipends, and will also be based on how much hemp they grow. The maximum stipend will be $10,000.

The budget should be based on how many farmers are involved in the program, and how much each farmer plans on growing. Farmers in the program will be asked to give a small percentage of their profits to the program. The percentage will be based on economic status of the farmer, and how much profit they are making. This should provide 30 % of the funds for the program, and the other 70% will come from the government, and any outside funding if needed.

Approvals: 24 (Steenia, Master Tom, Seamus McCaffrey, Coolet, Andorista, WZ Forums, The Magdalen Islands, Sargonastan, Aylandlandfive, No Breaks, TPM, Mikeswill, Sticks and Dirt, JS Nijmegen, Libertarianada, Tiber City, Blue Sharks, Cheer and Love, The Dancing Butterfly, Al-Zar, Paridon, Theonopolis, Advent Clandestine, Aleknavicius)

Voting Ends: Thu Dec 23 2004

Oh hells yeah!!! Why didn't u tell me this way back when!!!!

This is the first proposal I have ever been interested in....emphasis on ever. So who do I have to sleep with, bribe and torture to get this passed?

Oh hells yeah!!! Why didn't u tell me this way back when!!!!

This is the first proposal I have ever been interested in....emphasis on ever. So who do I have to sleep with, bribe and torture to get this passed?
The proposal is so good that you double posted! :P

I will hopefully be fine tuning this over the next few days, and then submit it by the end of the weekend. And I will definitely need help lobbying other WA Delegates to vote for this. Any volunteers? ^_^

Well we need to get things moving in foreign affairs. So I think we can add this as a task for our soon to be ambassadors.

Brilliant idea if I do say so myself.....and I do.....brilliant!!!!

Well we need to get things moving in foreign affairs. So I think we can add this as a task for our soon to be ambassadors.

Brilliant idea if I do say so myself.....and I do.....brilliant!!!!
Be careful! You may over inflate my ego. :P

I fixed some grammatical errors and made a minor correction or two. Here is the newest copy. :)

Support Hemp Production

Description: I propose that all nations should support the production of Hemp. Hemp needs to be recognized as a profitable and environmentally friendly crop.

Uses and Benefits of Hemp:

Hemp is suitable for industrial paper manufacturing, can be used for clothing and shoes, for use as a renewable energy source, and for use in food products.

The increased demand for health food has stimulated the trade in shelled hemp seed while hemp oil is increasingly being used in the manufacturing of bodycare products. Hemp is High in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.

Hemp due to its tall growth and thick foliage prevents the rising of weeds.

Hemp is such a hardy plant, it can grow easily and abundantly almost anywhere. Hemp can even be cultivated in arid regions with poor soil or in places with a very short growing season. Hemp requires little water or nutrients, and therefore can be grown without chemical fertilizers.

Hemp is an ideal rotation crop for farmers worldwide. It puts down a taproot twelve inches long in only thirty days, preventing topsoil erosion.

The depletion of the ozone layer threatens to reduce soy crops by up to 50%, but hemp is immune to the damages of ultraviolet light.

Hemp's cellulose level is three times that of wood, so it makes superior paper products and yields four times as much pulp per acre as trees. The hemp paper process utilizes less energy and fewer chemicals than tree paper processing and doesn't create the harmful dioxins, chloroform, or any of the other 2,000 chlorinated organic compounds that are byproducts of the wood paper process.

Hemp is a sustainable, annual crop that is ready for harvest just 120 days after going to seed, compared to trees which take tens or hundreds of years to reach maturity. Harvesting hemp doesn't destroy the natural habitats of thousands of distinct animal and plant species.

Therefore I propose that each nation that supports this program set up an advisory board to oversee this program and its financial operation. The advisory board will be comprised of 8 officials and one director of the board. The board will be comprised of other workers to help these 8 officials and to help manage the work of this agency.

The director and these 8 officials will be picked by the government of that nation. The director will have discretion in selecting the employees needed to make the agency run.

The members will be:

2 economists, 2 ecologists, 2 agriculturalists who are knowledgeable and have experience in growing hemp, and 2 biologists.

The advisory board will have the power to provide incentives to farmers that grow or will grow hemp.

The incentives given to farmers who use hemp as a crop can take several forms:

1. Farmers who grow hemp will be given tax breaks. These tax breaks will be based on how hemp the farmer grows, and the maximum tax break will be 45% for a yearly period.

2. Farmers will receive monthly stipends, and will also be based on how much hemp they grow. The maximum to spend will be 10,000 in their nations currency.

The budget should be based on how many farmers are involved in the program, and how much each farmer plans on growing. Farmers in the program will be asked to give a small percentage of their profits to the program. The percentage will be based on economic status of the farmer, and how much profit they are making. This should provide 30 % of the funds for the program, and the other 70% will come from the government, and any outside funding if needed.

I posted my proposal, it is listed as Agricultural Hemp Production. Please help me spread the word! ^_^

Back