Breaking News: Taijitu Schemes, Fails

It's possible of course that they didn't register it, just set mode +i, for plausible deniability >_<.

I've already checked that and thought about it :(

It would seem that some folks are engaging in a bit of c-y-a. Doesn't matter at this point.

The moderation team has discussed the matter, and N.K. is being given a 20% warning. which involves 5 hours of moderator preview.

God help us all if there is any truth to this matter.

OOC:

I got the whole IRC chat via RL email with IP information from a number of idividuals I know in RL. In keeping with ethics and fair play, I will not do anything to verify the IP information so that I can keep within ethical boundaries should the chat be legitimate or illegitimate.

So who made it up? Since it was Mahasoor who gave the log to NK, she is the one who ought to be answering that one.

I'd like to see you make me cry uncle. :P

Mr Sniffles, I am not taking questions. Bunch of you folks have caught me on chat already, I don't have anything further to say at this time.

And the "cry uncle" was a joke, you guys. :P What's with the "your fight" comment? I see no fisticuffs here!

[mod hat on]This thread is on the verge of a time out. Just a friendly caution to everyone. [mod hat off]

And BW, enforcing a long-standing rule here against the posting of IRC chat transcripts without permission is not censorship.

>|P

Good question Elu. Let's take that over for discussion among the moderation team. It's disturbing that the material has been spread around Nationstates, and apparently, others share the cconcern we have here about it.

"Users may not post, upload, link to, or email any Content that contains, promotes, gives instruction about, or provides prohibited Content. "

Elu:
"Users may not post, upload, link to, or email any Content that contains, promotes, gives instruction about, or provides prohibited Content. "

Ya lost me, what qualifies as "prohibited Content"? Does that mean I can't link to things like this?

Because if I can't then that's just criminal.

"Prohibited Content" here, at these forums, includes IRC chat logs being publicllly posted without permission of its participants.

The rest you should be able to figure out without a lot of trouble.

As to the graphic, you're not keeping up with the times. "Frak" is the f-word of choice these days.

For the record, I would like to state categorically that I was not involved in that conversation. Someone was masquerading as me. I am not involved in plots to invade the Pacific, nor would I be involved in such a plot. My defender sympathies are well known in the NS world. If you are looking for conspirators, look elsewhere. :ADN:

That's not much of a question. Anyone who is on IRC accepts that their IP address is in the public domain. Also, Gov has been registered on loads of NS forums. I would be surprised if there was anyone with an interest in NS intel who does NOT have his IP address.

That's not much of a question. Anyone who is on IRC accepts that their IP address is in the public domain. Also, Gov has been registered on loads of NS forums. I would be surprised if there was anyone with an interest in NS intel who does NOT have his IP address.
Exactly. :jack:

So, out of curiosity, what was in the log? I have to ask, I mean it probably is against the rules and stuff, but you can't blame me for being curious.

Anyway, the way I see it, IF ToS rules do not cover IRC. TNP rules do not cover IRC or IF forums, beyond what power the mods of these forums have.

However, there is also the privacy of those involved at discussion, so I think perhaps we should forget this happened, and maybe a private investigation should take place if possible.

In future, if you have any information like this that you feel could be important, send it privately to someone in the government, instead of posting it sensationally, which as we all have seen, does backfire.

Now, this is all my opinion, and I'm a curious git. ;)

MDH

Nevermind, I read it elsewhere, I don't think it's real, but it's very cleverly done, apart from a couple of things, which of course I can't quote here...

MDH

MDH, we have three rules here in addition to the Invisionfree terms of service that apply to all users who post at these forums. They supplement the TOS, and for moderation purposes they are treated as if they are part of the TOS.

In any event, the moderation team has discussed the matter of Blue Wolf's posting of a link to the prohibited content posted elsewhere. GBM has removed the link as the TOS prohibit linking to prohibited content. We've agreed that an informal caution to BW is appropriate in this matter as opposed to issuing a warning.

However, we encourage all users to refresh their memories as to the substance of the TOS and other board guidelines which are found here (click).

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I respect people's privacy, but I'm also extremely nosy. :D

Anyway, this is really nothing to do with me, so I'll go away again. One of the primary reasons I wanted to see the log was in case they had used my name in it. Why they would do that, I don't know...

MDH

Anyway, this is really nothing to do with me, so I'll go away again. One of the primary reasons I wanted to see the log was in case they had used my name in it. Why they would do that, I don't know...
Oh, don't worry, you still can! Just go to the post Grossy was talking about and click on the second link. Now, you will not see the log because it's not on that page but I think you can figure out what to do from there. Loopholes, love ‘em, use ‘em.

I've seen it already. :D God, I love scandal. ;)

MDH
I once owned a pair of Birkenstock scandals. Oh, wait! I meant Birkenstock sandals!

I hate scandals, er, sandals. They don't offer any protection when a horse steps on my foot.

Back