Petition to re-open CLO nominations

Al Homa

TNPer
I am petitioning to the Regional Assembly for CLO nominations to be reopened. Whilst this will probably lead to nothing I wanted to voice my opinions and if there is significant agreement I would hope that this happens.

Many of the candidates for the CLO seem to have deeply divisive opinions and I feel there is not enough choice for it to be truly democratic. At this time I feel that such people in the CLO would be a real danger to efficiency and unity when we need it most. In addition, it may be worth waiting until after the delegate elections so those who have failed can apply for the CLO if they wish.

If anyone agrees with me then I would encourage them to sign this petition.

AlHoma

Actually, differences in opinion can be a good thing. It means that more views are represented, rather than a tyranny of the majority.

Besides, we had plenty of time to make nominations for the CLO, and I don't think we should hold up the entire election process because someone nominated themselves a little late and want another chance.

:2c:

Queen Mab agrees with the representative from Outer Kharkistania. There was a large enough window for the nominations, and it was already extended once. It is but thine own fault that thou did not achieve a nomination in time.

Queen Mab agrees with the representative from Outer Kharkistania. There was a large enough window for the nominations, and it was already extended once. It is but thine own fault that thou did not achieve a nomination in time.
As much as I'd like to see you as CLO, I have to agree with Grimalkin.

No I just misread the date :rofl:

Although I would like to be appointed my main concern was that reading through peoples manifesto's I didnt seem to find any candidates who came close to representing my desire for unity and stability. But your views are all taken into account and you have a decent point about a variety of views being an advantage.

Procedurally, the outgoing Delegate and her appointee as Election Commissioner have authority to respond to this first. At that point, the outgoing CLO would be able to decide if emergency legislation would be warranted, and under what terms.

I'm not sure that a remedy can be had without further delaying the general election. It's long been the practice in TNP to have regular nominations and voting for elections to last for one week periods. Most officials remember to use GMT for times, but not always. (I try to use GMT and at least provide the equivalent time in the Eastern time zone of North America.)

Al Homa, I applaud your willingness to serve, and I regret that you have missed the deadline. I really think Mr. Sniffles and the election team have done an outstanding job in terms of publicizing the elections. Kudos to them for getting the word out. Also, we did extend the deadline by a few days so there is competition for the CLO seats.

Now, if you wanted to run for Vice Delegate, I might be persuaded to make an exception. Right now it's just me and Abstain, and he doesn't have much to say for himself. Kind of a fence-sitter, if you ask me. ;)

Al Homa, I applaud your willingness to serve, and I regret that you have missed the deadline. I really think Mr. Sniffles and the election team have done an outstanding job in terms of publicizing the elections. Kudos to them for getting the word out. Also, we did extend the deadline by a few days so there is competition for the CLO seats.

Now, if you wanted to run for Vice Delegate, I might be persuaded to make an exception. Right now it's just me and Abstain, and he doesn't have much to say for himself. Kind of a fence-sitter, if you ask me. ;)
As Election Commissioner I support GBM's statement.

Al Homa you had plenty of time, and I will not reopen nominations for the CLO further.

If there are any other concerns about this, please feel free to IM me or PM me :) :ADN:

As stated before, my running for the CLO was not the main issue at hand here. In fact it was an alternative means to achieving my ends of having a candidate I agreed with standing for the CLO. In truth I dont really have the time for such a position at the moment as I don't even have the time to answer my issues much these days.

I understand completely, and the election commission are doing a great job, so I guess I'll have to make do with the choices I've got.

And I wouldn't dare stand against you GBM :hug:

As stated before, my running for the CLO was not the main issue at hand here. In fact it was an alternative means to achieving my ends of having a candidate I agreed with standing for the CLO. In truth I dont really have the time for such a position at the moment as I don't even have the time to answer my issues much these days.

I understand completely, and the election commission are doing a great job, so I guess I'll have to make do with the choices I've got.

And I wouldn't dare stand against you GBM :hug:
That you say publicly, but who knows what you may be plotting..... :lol: :shifty: :ADN:

And I wouldn't dare stand against you GBM  :hug:
That you say publicly, but who knows what you may be plotting..... :lol: :shifty: :ADN:
If the CLO nomination were reopened, I would be willing to give Al Homa the benefit of a doubt.

I could speak on Abstain's behalf.

:lol:
Sorry but i feel the wonderful Dipes has the inside track on our friend abstain

General Aims for Abstain
Abstain is the most commonly nominated individual in all elections, not only here in the insert region name, but in the majority of places throughout Nationstates and the entire world. For this reason Abstain can offer you the tried and tested experience far greater than any other candidate.

If you vote for Abstain, you are placing a resounding "F-YOU" in the faces of the other candidates. You are stating that they are not good enough, original enough, effective enough, or down right sexy enough to be your elected official. Abstain offers you a way out of the mundane.

If you vote fore Abstain, then you will recieve a unique official in return. An official that will do NOTHING for you. An official that will do NOTHING for this region. An official that will simply leave you be to falter into obscurity on your own.

Abstain will however provide every single person within the region with a free cake (one of which shall be laced with arsenic...think of it as russian roulet!).

Thank you for reading this press release from the Vote Abstain!!! campaign team.

im still in the process of finding the rest of this.

Edit-Also abstain is a better option that a yellow duck that once ran for delegate in NP.

Back