Felasia for CLO

Felasia

TNPer
Don't really know what to state for my aims, promises, or ideas since CLO is more of a check and balance tool so I will start with a brief history first.

I've played NS since July 06. I've hold a lot of position in UCR regions like Delagate, Internal Affairs Minister, and Defence Minister. My first interaction with TNP is after I was assigned here as an ambassador from Jethnea. I've since then created a puppet (Endlid) and a forum account while keep watching the political incident of the region. I join the RA after the EM incident and then join the Crimson Order.

I'm another Crimsonite, there is no denial. I accept the delegate authority over the region. In my opinion, the delegate can subject himself to any codex, constitution, or legal code.

The reasons that I want to be CLO is that I believe that it will allow me to have a better understanding of the region politics and allow me to ensure a certain level of activity in the government.

I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

You have a very loose definition of what a delegate is allowed to do, which worries me in the case of anyone running for this position. Whilst you may be saying that to justify Lewis and Clarks actions because you believed it was for the betterment of our region, it cannot be applied universally without being a serious risk to the security of our region. Many members were persecuted through Lewis and Clarks actions, many good names that have resided in the North Pacific for many years and I found this shocking and appalling considering I could find no evidence to justify it. It worries me deeply that you unquestionably support that form of action and dont see that it is the job of the Council to prevent it.

I can understand that you felt Lewis and Clark was doing the best for the region but that you cant bring yourself to criticise some of his appalling actions against natives of this region gives me great concern for our regions security. Do you condemn such action? If so I would like to see you reword your initial statement because it legitimises any despotic action that a delegate could undertake and that is not an attitude I would ever want to see in any member of our government.

While I understand your concern about my stand on Lewis and Clark action, I understand that it is necessary during that time to inact some change into the region. You can clearly see the different between the time of conflict and the time of peace that follow. We enjoy the great amount of activity that is a result of a discussion for change and the change itself, whether it is the change for the worse or the change for the better.

I have to said that the ejection during the Crimson reign is within the scope of both the codex and constitution. I accept the delegate decision and authority, but I don't need to be happy about it.

Constitution:
5. The Delegate is responsible for the security of the region, and is charged with the use of regional controls to eject and ban nations from the region in accordance with the laws of TNP.

Codex:
Subsection A - The highest authority in The North Pacific is The Delegate. The North Pacific Codex affirms this authority and recognizes The Delegate's wishes concerning regional governance.

You may feel that this is an appalling actions aganist the nations in the region, but the fact is that the law of both government give hims the power to do that regardless of any moral judgement. If any delegates were to do it, GBM, Dali, or any elected delegate later on. I would accept the ejection, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

However, I believe that with the authority of the CLO, this action can be discuss and review which is one of the main reason why I'm interesting in running for this position. If the ejection was necessary then I won't intervene. If the ejection is because of personal reason and is unfair then I would call for CLO intervention.

Many members were persecuted through Lewis and Clarks actions, many good names that have resided in the North Pacific for many years and I found this shocking and appalling considering I could find no evidence to justify it.

I would like to ask you to name one member of TNP who were convicted for any crime by the CO and whether which nation are we talking about? Because I can't answer the questions if I don't know which nation is referred to.

It worries me deeply that you unquestionably support that form of action and dont see that it is the job of the Council to prevent it.

I support the idea of a change as a whole, I still believe that TNP needs major change whether it is the idea of Guild, the news report, new university, or district. The only different now is that I believe I can make a change from the inside.

I would like to ask you to name one member of TNP who were convicted for any crime by the CO and whether which nation are we talking about? Because I can't answer the questions if I don't know which nation is referred to.
Just because we didn't show up or recognize the court doesn't mean L&C wouldn't have banned us if given half the chance.

So what constitutes corruption and abuse of power to you?

Just because we didn't show up or recognize the court doesn't mean L&C wouldn't have banned us if given half the chance.

So what constitutes corruption and abuse of power to you?
Then that dispute the fact in my first argument, ejection is constutional in both region. It doesn't mean that it is a good or a bad things. Oh, and just a little fact for your brain, what makes you thing he can't ban you?

I still don't understand how the action by Lewis and Clark can be consider corruption. He's guilty of treason yeah, but corruption? Corrupt is defined as "moral perversion; depravity." He only did what he thinks is best for the region in his own idea. You disagree and that makes him corrupt? His action is not the purest things in the world, but it is understandable if you used the fact that he try to remain in power under the force of both internal and external pressures.

Abuse of power? If by using the regional control that he have access to protect his position then I would said everyone have abuse the power they have. His action might be noted as a "unfair" decision aganist some new native (Although the true numbers remain to be seen) but the facts remain that both codex and constitution give him the right to do it.

Well, this is starting to be turned into a threat about the whole crimson deal, but it is completely understandable for you to questions me anyway. I only have one things to stated and it is that I wouldn't be here if I don't think I can contribute something to do region.

*Buzzer, wrong. He named me, Grosse, Flem, and some others for ejection just for disagreeing with him. He couldn't actually follow through because we had such a high number of endorsements.

L&C abused his power in trying to Govindia from joining the RA on a whim.

He refused to follow the directions of the CLO after they did their duty.

And finally, he used his office to smear his opponents once again out of temperment.

But in the name of reconciliation I'll end my line of questioning and I won't respond.

My apologise to any TNP member since this thread have become sideline.

L&C abused his power in trying to Govindia from joining the RA on a whim.

lol, if you really want to know why L&C and many members don't want Govindia in the RA then feel free to PM me. I've a stack of file from his previous regions.

And finally, he used his office to smear his opponents once again out of temperment.

Again, authorize within the scope of both codex and constitution regardless of moral judgement.

He refused to follow the directions of the CLO after they did their duty.

I have yet to found any evidence of a complete CLO impeachment of L&C from his office.

*Buzzer, wrong. He named me, Grosse, Flem, and some others for ejection just for disagreeing with him. He couldn't actually follow through because we had such a high number of endorsements.

Please, if you were just "disagreeing" with him and not starting unendorsement campaign then I could really agree with you, but it's more of a matter that you try to overthrown him. (Regardless of whether what he did is right or wrong) And don't you ever consider that he don't eject and ban you because he want to save it for something more important?

But in the name of reconciliation I'll end my line of questioning and I won't respond.

God, that sound like I start all of this.

I find it encouraging that former CO members are making a bid for elected office. One of the most important aspects of this position is YOUR ability to be available on very short notice in the event a vote is required. How often are you on the forum?

Right now? Every day (Actually, I'm here for about 6 hours a day....), but when the university start, I believe I would check it once a day.

I'm on IRC every time I'm on computer.

Are you able to remain professional, civil, and respectful to ALL members of the region at all times, and willing to check your personal opinion at the door when performing your job as not only a member of the RA, but a CLO member as well? This is a question I am asking ALL CLO candidates.

A few questions for you Felasia:
1. Do you believe in prejudging someone before they become a citizen member of a region and proving themselves to be a good citizen? Yes or No? Simple one-word answer.

2. You keep referring to the Codex, but that's not the official legal document of TNP. The constitution is. While the delegate may have a great deal of executive authority, should he not also get approval from the people as well before doing something like tearing up the constitution of which his initial election and swearing in was based on ? Yes or No ?
:ADN:

Are you able to remain professional, civil, and respectful to ALL members of the region at all times, and willing to check your personal opinion at the door when performing your job as not only a member of the RA, but a CLO member as well?

I have no problem seperating IC from OOC as long as that member also remain professional, civil, and respectful to me and others.

1. Do you believe in prejudging someone before they become a citizen member of a region and proving themselves to be a good citizen? Yes or No? Simple one-word answer.

If the evidences and witness indicates that he or she isn't reliable and is a threat to regional security then No. And I reserve the right to answer in more then Yes and No.

2. You keep referring to the Codex, but that's not the official legal document of TNP. The constitution is. While the delegate may have a great deal of executive authority, should he not also get approval from the people as well before doing something like tearing up the constitution of which his initial election and swearing in was based on ? Yes or No ?

Official legal is define by the delegate in my opinion, since during that time, the delegate that I elected and believe in choose the codex as official document then I believe that it is official and I will follow it.

The constitution is a guideline for governing, in my opinion, during that time, the region need change and the Codex is L&C attempt for a swift change. He got support from some TNPer too so at least 30-60% of the region support it. Regardless of whether the change will breath life to the region or destroy the region.

So, I don't need to answer since he also have support.

If the evidences and witness indicates that he or she isn't reliable and is a threat to regional security then No. And I reserve the right to answer in more then Yes and No.

The question was a yes or no question, not one that was requiring an explanation. Again I ask you: Do you believe in prejudging someone before they become a citizen member of a region and proving themselves to be a good citizen? Yes or No? Simple one-word answer. I'm looking for either a yes or no so please answer in that format :).

Official legal is define by the delegate in my opinion, since during that time, the delegate that I elected and believe in choose the codex as official document then I believe that it is official and I will follow it.

The constitution is a guideline for governing, in my opinion, during that time, the region need change and the Codex is L&C attempt for a swift change. He got support from some TNPer too so at least 30-60% of the region support it. Regardless of whether the change will breath life to the region or destroy the region.

Please answer in a yes or no format, as above. I am not seeking explanation, only a "yes" or a "no" :ADN:

Do you believe in prejudging someone before they become a citizen member of a region and proving themselves to be a good citizen?

When that member have been banned from every feeders except this one, and from a dozen of UCR regions, and my friends (Defenders, Neutral, Invaders) and they have provided me with a lot of evidence that this guy can and will create trouble then yes, I will banned this guy on sight. (A note in a comepletely unrelated matter for Mr.G, aka. N, aka. R, Yeah, your banned in Eq stand as long as I'm Intel and I will stay for a long time, keep pushing me and you might get something worse)

Please answer in a yes or no format, as above. I am not seeking explanation, only a "yes" or a "no"

Sorry, I have already give my answers so if you don't like it then I won't get your vote and I'm happy with not getting your vote, Gov.

You just want to make a personal attack, I'm fine with taking shits from you since it makes me feel that I make a correct decision.

I'm not making this a personal attack. I simply asked for a yes or no answer. Its pretty straightforward, but :shrug:, that's not my problem if you misinterpret a clear-cut question that was only requiring a one-word answer.

If I wanted explanation, I'd have asked for one, but didn't. :ADN:

You're deliberatly trying to manipulate the question to put the candidate in a bad light it seems. Whilst your purposes in regards to this are beyond me it is not fair and this is Felasia's thread to take an answer questions how he wishes. He's given you an answer, and a well thought out one too, and provided the reasoning that electors need to hear behind each question.

Stop playing dirty hands, its not welcome in my books and will do more in turning people against YOU than in serving your intended purpose.

I was not trying to make anyone look bad. I was simply asking a direct yes or no question and wanted a direct yes or no answer.

I apologise if you or anyone else thought that I tried to make anyone look bad as it never was my intent, sir. :ADN:

Back