Weekly Minister Report

Felasia

TNPer
I think it is necessary for each minister including the delegate to present the region with their plan and the development on it each week. What we have right now is their word and plans, we don't actually see whether is have progress or whether something is done about it and I feel that this can lead to inactive ministers when we're not allow to check them.

The great example for development is the Defence Minister who have come up with a set of plan and timeline and the Interior Affairs Minister who've start the Election Promotion Team. We need more of this report or else TNP member will view the government as inactive.

I might jump to conclusion here, but after the fall of Crimson Order, the region discussion and activity seems to stop with it. I've see a talk about guild and I'm happy to see new idea, but I want to see something build from it. This might be the result of the upcoming election, but while the minister is in the office, I think I have the right to expect some action or result.

I don't think that's a subject for legislation, but I do think the Delegate should require that of her Ministers.

All this falls under the style of the type of Delegate you want. If we had elected Cabinet members, subject to things like recall and such then such responsibility would not only be necessary but a requisite to keep their jobs.

I understand that this isn't really something that needs legislation, but I would like to have the opinion of other RA and maybe some suggestions.

All this falls under the style of the type of Delegate you want. If we had elected Cabinet members, subject to things like recall and such then such responsibility would not only be necessary but a requisite to keep their jobs.

No, regardless of whether the cabinets is elected or appointed. They still have the responsibility to the region and I feel that as a member of the RA which is a body that represent the whole TNP population to know what my government is doing.

Keeping everyone informed of what is going on is a good idea. It encourages activity of appointed ministers and shows that the government is active and encourages participation all-around.

Rather than being mandatory, I think it would be better for each minister to start specific programs and invite otherwise inactive forum members/TNP citizens to participate in those programs. If you strive to be inclusive, it will encourage activity and participation in government.

I think requiring some kind of update or report is a good idea. As citizens we have a right to know what our government is doing.

I think a monthly report is easier to do than weekly. But nonetheless I do agree a cabinet report should be issued periodically..:ADN:

This looks old and should probably be cleaned out or something. In any case, regular addresses, whether from Ministers in the form of Ministry-specific updates, or just the Delegate as head executive in the form of "State of the Region" announcements are always good, but there's no need to codify it. And once a week is way too often. The updates will all be one paragraph, and not even a long one at that.

Back