REOPENED: Nominations for Court of TNP

Article I Section 3 Paragraph 4 provides in pertinent part that:
The members of the Judiciary (including the Chief Justice) shall each be elected to 6-month terms. All elections shall be held on the region's official off-site forum. Candidates for these elected officials must be members of the Regional Assembly 30 days prior to the time they become candidates for election. Election of these offices require a plurality vote of the Regional Assembly, except that the election of the Delegate and Vice Delegate require a majority vote of the Regional Assembly.

A motion approved by the Regional Assembly provides that;
In accordance with the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Legal Code, elections for the members of The Court of The North Pacific is to be held in the month of April for six-month terms.
1. The elections will be conducted in the Assembly under the supervision of the Speaker.
2.  Each seat on the Court will be separately elected on the same ballot.
3.  Nominations or declarations of candidacy shall take place over a seven day period ending no later than April 20. Nominees must accept their nomination to be placed on the ballot.
4.  Voting shall take place for seven days.
5.  In the event of a tie, a runoff shall be conducted for a three day period.

This thread is for nominations or declaration of candidacy for the office of Chief Justice and for each of the two Associate Justice officers. A nominee mmust accept nomination in order to be included on the voting ballot.

For ease of reference in the separate election of each seat on the Court of The North Pacific, the two Associate Justice seats shall be referred to as Associate Justice seat ! and Associate justice seat 2. In accordance with the Constitution candidates must have been members of the Regional Assembly 30 days prior to their nomination or declaration.

The nominations period shall open at 2100 GMT 12 April 2008 and close at 2059 GMT 19 April 2008.
Voting shall begin at 0000 GMT 20 April 2008 and close at 2359 GMT 26 April 2008. If there is a tie, a runoff would take place from 0000GMT 28 April 2008 and end at 2359 30 April 2008. A separate voting thread and directions for voting by personal message will be provided before the polls open.

Given that my current term as Speaker doesn't expire until sometime after elections in May, I respectfully decline nomination.

I nominate the current members of the Court for election:

Chief Justice - Mr. Gaunt

Associate Justice seat one - Romanoffia

Associate Justice seat two - Flemingovia

one day I would love to be involved in the Judiciary, but at the moment my attention is focused on removing whatshisname from the delegacy. You remember him - the guy who used to play Nationstates but now just logs in to ban people.

However, if he would accept, I think Eluvatar would make a great judge, so I would nominate him.

OK, I'll accept the nomination extended by The Schnauz.

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. ;D

You wait for a nomination or a nomination thread and announce your candidacy. That simple.

Article I Section 3 Paragraph 4 provides in pertinent part that:
The members of the Judiciary (including the Chief Justice) shall each be elected to 6-month terms. All elections shall be held on the region's official off-site forum. Candidates for these elected officials must be members of the Regional Assembly 30 days prior to the time they become candidates for election. Election of these offices require a plurality vote of the Regional Assembly, except that the election of the Delegate and Vice Delegate require a majority vote of the Regional Assembly.

A motion approved by the Regional Assembly provides that;
In accordance with the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Legal Code, elections for the members of The Court of The North Pacific is to be held in the month of April for six-month terms.
1. The elections will be conducted in the Assembly under the supervision of the Speaker.
2.  Each seat on the Court will be separately elected on the same ballot.
3.  Nominations or declarations of candidacy shall take place over a seven day period ending no later than April 20. Nominees must accept their nomination to be placed on the ballot.
4.  Voting shall take place for seven days.
5.  In the event of a tie, a runoff shall be conducted for a three day period.

This thread is for nominations or declaration of candidacy for the office of Chief Justice and for each of the two Associate Justice officers. A nominee mmust accept nomination in order to be included on the voting ballot.

For ease of reference in the separate election of each seat on the Court of The North Pacific, the two Associate Justice seats shall be referred to as Associate Justice seat ! and Associate justice seat 2. In accordance with the Constitution candidates must have been members of the Regional Assembly 30 days prior to their nomination or declaration.

The nominations period shall open at 2100 GMT 12 April 14 May 2008 and close at 2059 GMT 19 April 16 May 2008.
Voting shall begin at 0000 GMT 20 April 17 May 2008 and close at 2359 GMT 26 April 23 May 2008. If there is a tie, a runoff would take place from 0000GMT 28 April 25 May 2008 and end at 2359 30 April 27 May 2008. A separate voting thread and directions for voting by personal message will be provided before the polls open.

I second the nomination.

So far then, we have:

Grosseschnauzer - Nominated by Eluvatar, seconded by Govindia - Accepted :ADN:

I tend to leave caps lock on to avoid punctuations and spell checking. In my case it doesn't show emphasis- that's why I head banged.

Anyway, is Schnauzer out? And does that put me in? Also, you could bump Romanoffia up and run me as an assistant. :D

I haven't said anything one way or the other, so yelling really isn't necessary.

I spent much of yesterday and yesterday night dealing with RA matters, including RA admissions and admitting long-time residents into the new TNP Citizen group. (I was also tracking some unexpected and amazing . :) location spoilers for the next edition of the Amazing Race. :) )

I'm away from the computer till later today, and I'll give an answer then. I promise! >|P

ell it`s a hard decision after so many terms of public service.

You got that right.

I will accept the nomination. However, should I be elected, I will first complete my term as Speaker before I take the oath of office as Chief Justice.

I would expect this won't be more than a week or so after the special judicial election is over. I want to allow the members of the Regional Assembly to elect the next Speaker without the need for a special election.

Back