Leadership Reform

No user in the Admin group shall be allowed to hold the positions of Delegate or Speaker of the House. This is to avoid conflicts of interest between political and technical issues, as well as to avoid putting to much power in one person's hands.

This proposal would take effect after the next elections are held. In the case that an Admin was elected to one of these two posts, they would be required to be moved to the Global Moderators group for the period of their term, and be allowed to move back to Admin after their term was up.

This was a big complaint of some people who have left z13, not just to WW's little area, but left z13 in general. Unfortunately, having users who are both political leaders and technical administrators gives the opportunity for that user to slow down both legislation and fail to implement it if passed.

In particular, I am thinking of the activities of certain Admin staff just before the Crimson Coup, in which they interfered repeatedly in the political process, refused to remask users, and in general antagonized reformers and led many to believe that any change was better than what was happening in z13.

Yeah...

or maybe the Del acted unilaterally without the the explicit consent of both the people or the Constitution, nevermind the TOS rules.

I'm all for reform but stop trying to justify your actions during the pitiful back stab.

I don't just speak for myself. There was a whole bloc of people like me, except I'm the only one that has dared come back here. The rest are either apprehensive or so fed up with TNP they've left.

I don't just speak for myself. There was a whole bloc of people like me, except I'm the only one that has dared come back here. The rest are either apprehensive or so fed up with TNP they've left.
I see where you're coming from but the thing is we've had it their way and look where it got us. They wanted Constitutional Reform, they got it, and now look at what they've ended up with.

I want reconcilliation as much as the next guy but appeasement to their issues hasn't worked and won't work again. For a more detailed argument against this specific bill, see the "Some Proposals" thread.

Provided administrators observe and implement the Constitution in a fair and measured way then I dont see any problem with them holding office. If there is a certain case that you have an issue with then it is the responsibility of the courts to just whether they've exceeded their role.

Back