Influence change

Ermarian

TNPer
-
Premise 1: A nation can only lose influence by being outside a region or using the regional controls.

Premise 2: An Auxiliary ranks higher than an ambassador.

Observation 3: This morning, Great Bights Mum changed from being an Auxiliary to an Ambassador.

Does someone have an explanation? Is this about relative gains and what not? Given that GBM has the highest influence growth in the region who doesn't spend any of it?

Premise 1. The influence labels describe what fraction of regional influence a nation holds.

Premise 2. Influence gain depends on endorsements.

Fact 1. There are more nations with high endorsements now than there were before.

Conclusion 1. Great Bights Mum's share of the growth rate of influence has decreased.

Conclusion 2. Great Bights Mum's share of the total influence is decreasing.

This isn't actually that terrible though as Lewis and Clark is still stuck entirely at Minnow, and Ambassador is still incredibly far above Minnow.

Oh, okay. So this is just a side effect of everyone else rising a bit faster. Other things remaining equal, the influence fractions will approach the fractions of growth, and stabilize there.

(At that rate, though, I wonder at what fraction my influence will stabilize... I hope that I can become at least a Truckler at some point...)

Oh, okay. So this is just a side effect of everyone else rising a bit faster. Other things remaining equal, the influence fractions will approach the fractions of growth, and stabilize there.

(At that rate, though, I wonder at what fraction my influence will stabilize... I hope that I can become at least a Truckler at some point...)
I think that you're likely to be a Vassal for a looong time unless you accumulate considerably more endorsements.

Endorsements aren't that important to influence level. Continuous time in the region ( and total time in the region) plays the real part.

Premise #2 is actually correct despite the order presented in other places, that is, Auxiliary out-ranks an ambassador. I observed this a while back in one of my test regions.

I think that you're likely to be a Vassal for a looong time unless you accumulate considerably more endorsements.
Better than a minnow, like I'm now.

Better than a minnow, like I'm now.
I don't think there has been a time prior to this under the influence system with so many nations endotarting quite as much. GBM has had it easy up until now... :w00t:

And yes, Vassal is considerably better than Minnow.

In fact I don't know why I degrade myself by replying to the feeble thoughts of minnows... :P

*Namyeknom goes off the find the more exclusive members of the region...

Oh hi there Namyeknom. Hello Ermarian. I'm sure you'll be a Vassal soon enough, *glares haughtily at Nam*. :fish:

And yes I suppose people like me have stolen some of Great Bights Mum's share of the pie... of course I myself got temporarily downgraded to Vassal at one point *shudders*. I think it's just what fraction of the pie one has that the label says, not actually how many influence points. :bunny:

Bah, whining about being a Vassal? I've been a Minnow since..ever! This is an outrage!
Hehehe!

The tags for nation influence only really matter to the Delegate nation.

Point being that non-delegate nations increase influence at a faster rate than the Delegate nation. It's designed that way.

Bah, whining about being a Vassal? I've been a Minnow since..ever! This is an outrage!
Hehehe!

The tags for nation influence only really matter to the Delegate nation.

Point being that non-delegate nations increase influence at a faster rate than the Delegate nation. It's designed that way.
Where did you get that conclusion?

Oh interesting thing, the other day ILVSIVM II lost his Truckler status and became a Vassal.

This is probably because there are 25 nations with more endorsements than he has.

There should be no particular clearance problem with publishing the following. To be honest, even now that I know, I'm amazed at how thin this pie is actually sliced! Even LAC only gets 1.5% of the influence pie, and everyone under the top four gets less than a percent.

If the scale is linear on both endorsements and residence time (which is still only hypothesis, mind you), than as time goes on, your total influence share will become closer and closer to your share of endorsements unless you're expending influence.

So unless the upper end of the "Minnow" range is something like 0.5% of the region's total influence, the present tarting madness will actually see almost all of us drop to Minnow by having distributed the pie so much.

Code:
1Lewis And Clark520279  Minnow1.52%
2Great Bights Mum527240  Ambassador1.31%
3Zemnaya Svoboda480217  Truckler1.19%
4The Twoslit Experiment487183  Minnow1.00%
5Groovistan414168  Duckspeaker0.92%
6Kitabo358166  Diplomat0.91%
7Unterwasserseestaat437164  Diplomat0.90%
8Former English Colony391156  Ambassador0.85%
9Yaorozu522151  Minnow0.82%
10Novare Res462149  Minnow0.81%
11Frejmark214138  Envoy0.75%
11Mr Sniffles387138  Minnow0.75%
13Chocciebears415134  Minnow0.73%
14Ermarian275133  Minnow0.73%
15Whereisthatistan409131  Minnow0.72%
16Galapagos Isle222125  Minnow0.68%
16Namyeknom433125  Vassal0.68%
18Chlorine Chloride169122  Minnow0.67%
18Prisonstate227122  Minnow0.67%
20Freakvl269119  Minnow0.65%

My understanding was the opposite. That the Delegate increases Influence faster than any other nation because of the greater number of endos. Of course, it doesn't help him if he has the blow it all with constant bannings.

My understanding was the opposite.

Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that certain misconceptions about influence are prevalent among some people here. Best not to argue. <_<

Edit: Also, yesterday I was #15. Today, I am #13. :)

Edit2: #11. Watch out LAC! It's me you should be afraid of, not GBM! :P

My understanding was the opposite. That the Delegate increases Influence faster than any other nation because of the greater number of endos. Of course, it doesn't help him if he has the blow it all with constant bannings.
Not true. Actually, in a region like TNP, the cost of even ejecting a nation is a very costly proposition. For instance, I L&C ejects even the 'wrong' minnow (which he will have a hard time doing at all if he can at all) it would paralyze his ability to eject or even change the WFE header entry at all. He could, if he ejected the top 'minnow' (and that is if he even can, which he can) reduce his influence to the point that he couldn't eject anyone for weeks thereafter.

What makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside is that the longer it takes him to go down the tubes, the sweeter the end will be. L&C will end up in the long run only slightly less hated than Pixidance or UPS Rail.

Oh, wait, he passed that point a long time ago. He's made too many enemies and they will come back to haunt him - and all of them bent on revenge regardless of our goals.

...and you haven't seen the tricks I intend to employ - ever. :bat:

And I can't wait for all the Criminal Disorder drones who come over here to complain and lay blame for all the fun that is being inflicted on them. :lol:

That's if they are smart enough to figure it out when it happens. :lol:

Maybe it's cause Lewis and Clark lost influence ejecting people, as well as removing those people's influence from the region?

Maybe it's cause Lewis and Clark lost influence ejecting people, as well as removing those people's influence from the region?
Exactly. Again, any given region can only have so much total influence and that influence is distributed throughout the region's nations. The more nations (puppets included equally with WA nations) the more the influence is proportionately distributed.

If the delegate boots a bunch of nations, the influence of other nations increases but the delegate looses a proportionate amount of influence because of the expense of ejecting nations.

Back