TNPer
-
-
Repeal "Metric System "

A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal

Resolution: #24

Proposed by: The Dourian Embassy

Description: UN Resolution #24: Metric System (Category: Free Trade; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Understanding that "Metric System" seeks to standardize weights and measurements, specifically, converting all nations to the metric system,

Regretting, however, that the resolution fails to require any standardized weights and measurements, or provide any details for their implementation, defeating its central purpose,

Seeking the opportunity to pass more detailed and comprehensive international weights and measurements standardization,

Noting that this ineffective piece of legislation bars such an act from passage,

The United Nations hereby repeals "Metric System".

Votes For: 141

Votes Against: 98

[Delegate Votes]

Voting Ends: Tue Mar 11 2008

So what do you think of this one? And what way do you think Gates will tell Lewis and Clark to vote this time?

Is it me or are all UN resolutions these days repealing previous ones? Where's the originality? Pfft, blah blah blah nostalgic waffle about 'the old days', etc.

Well Gates was founded on being against the UN also the metric system just makes logical sense. It's all about the decimals baby!

I'm against the repeal. Not that the opinion of the people matters to our delegate. In fact, I was surprised to learn the crimson order considers ideas such as freedom and democracy are considered "arcane and out-dated."

Back