TNPer
-
-
Repeal "Fair trial"

A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution
Category: Repeal
Resolution: #21
Proposed by: Jey

Description: UN Resolution #21: Fair trial (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The General Assembly of the United Nations,

APPLAUDING the attempts of Resolution #21: "Fair trial" to bring about fair rights of the accused within the various judicial systems of member nations;

HOWEVER CONSIDERING Resolution #21's complete lack of any details concerning the concept of a fair trial, including relevant definitions and ingredients that traditionally constitute a fair trial, usually including: juror and/or judge impartiality, competency and neutrality, right to fair representation, right against intimidation, and right to counsel;

REGRETTING that without these understood characteristics of a fair trial in the text of the resolution, the term becomes ambiguous, defeating the overall purpose Resolution #21;

REPEALS Resolution #21: "Fair trial".

Voting Ends: Thu Mar 6 2008

This is a close one. Let's see how Gates tells Lewis and Clark to vote. :npo:
The last resolution LC even bothered to put on his forum was on 2nd February.

Since he went rogue, L&C has consistently voted "the Gatesville ticket" on every resolution that has come to the floor. Usually, he casts his vote within the first 24 hours. The wishes of the people are neither solicited nor respected.

I vote AGAINST.

I do not think he feels the need to be subtle. I think he is relying on apathy.

Either that or he is arrogant.

Or both....

The philosophy of servant leadership was put forth in 600 BC by Lao Tzu:
The greatest leader forgets herself
And attends to the development of others.
Good leaders support excellent workers.
Great leaders support the bottom ten percent.
Great leaders know that
The diamond in the rough
Is always found “in the rough.”

I suspect Gates ordered Lewis and Clark to vote FOR this one, since it is a repeal, but I am not sure whether he actually bothered to vote or not.

Back