True Blue

Article 1: Section 4

1) No government official shall have the authority to change the designated off-site forum for regional governance without approval of a supermajority of the members of the Regional Assembly.
2) The government of The North Pacific is authorized to use the forum at http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?act=idx to exercise the functions of government.

*ducks for cover.

(whoops forgot the change, FIXED.)

It's "z13" because Invisionfree formally changed it a year ago.

The admin already have been authority to move up to the Zetaboards release once it is out of beta. I haven't had a chance to check the current status of that upgrade recently, although the ACP now has a link to upgrade to Zetaboards. (I'd like to finish the other changes first -- but I've been waiting to hear back from Dalimbar with answers to questions I had about his requested changes, and I sent him those about three weeks ago.)

Also, I'm not sure this has to be passed as a Constitutional amendment, it probably only needs to be passed as a Law.

No.

Remember what happened with "old Blue"? That was a bitch to move out of despite two being an absolute arse. This merely causes difficulty

No.

Remember what happened with "old Blue"? That was a bitch to move out of despite two being an absolute arse. This merely causes difficulty
Both forums are exactly alike and strewn together (not proficient in tech so bear with me) but whenever I post something on the z board, it comes up on the s board. So they're both the same (as far as I can tell.)

There were problems that prompted the move from s2 to here, unique to Twosilt actually, and have not been repeated.

The move here was approved by an actual majority of all registered voters at the time, and was in place within 24 hours of the approval to move. I totally disagree with your assessment of the move, FL.

It is the entire community that should make the decision, and for that reason alone, some sort of procedure should be in place.

No gross there was a long long debate (or seemed it given the danger of the times) on if it was legal, how to do it, and then we eventually had a vote

No gross there was a long long debate (or seemed it given the danger of the times) on if it was legal, how to do it, and then we eventually had a vote
FL, I was there then, and several of your statements are incorrect.

The issue of what procedure to follow was resolved at the constitutional convention which was accepted the summer before the move from s2 to here.

Issues arose over the course of that autumn but that includes several attemots to mediate and negotiate a resolution. When those efforts failed, and Twosilt deprived virtually everyone of mod or admin powers, that is when the machinery was put into place to move. Since I was the sponsor of that change at the Constitutional Convention and wrote the motion to vote on the move, i think I was in a position to know what I am talking about.

I will support this law. The executive powers in the Constitution are quite broad. In the absence of such legislaton, a rogue Delegate who sets up an alternate forum can argue for it's legitimacy. We've been down that road before and we know it's a dead end.

Back