RESULT: Special Election - Court Justice

This is the voting thread for the special election to fill a vacant seat on the Court of The North Pacific until judicial elections are held during the month of April.

Members of the Regional Assembly who have posted their oath as required under Law 28 are eligible to vote. (RA members who post their oath during the voting period will be able to vote in this special election. All votes will be verified against the registration records maintanined by the Speaker.)

A plurality is required to elect. In the event of a tie, a run-off will be held among the tied nominees.

Vote for one of the following candidates, or you may abstain:
  • Flemingovia
  • John Ashcroft Land
  • New Kervoskia.
  • Poltsamaa
Voting opens at 0000 GMT 1 February 2008, and ends at 2359 GMT, 7 February 2008. Early or Late-cast ballots will not be counted.

Following the longstanding NS custom of not voting for oneself (kudos, Poltsamaa) my vote goes to

..... (long drumroll and suspenseful music).....

...... (even longer delay, cried from the audience) .......

...... (more drumroll) ........

...... (Flemingovia finally opens the envelope, and looks at the note inside in mock surprise) ......

......(more drumroll. The producer is really milking this for all it is worth) .....

......"Flemingovia's vote goes to (more pause) ........

THE RABID WEASEL

Damn, Judge Judy and the Rabid Weasel got more votes than me, but at least I'm still tied with everyone else that was not nominated!!

I'm a glass half full guy!!

Voting is closed. Results shortly.

The vote is as follows:
Total RA members voting 17

* Flemingovia 05
* John Ashcroft Land 09
* New Kervoskia. 01
* Poltsamaa 00

Votes cast for non-residents 02

John Ashcroft Land is thereby elected as an Associate Justice for the term that end in April, 2008.

Note: John Ashcroft Land never posted an oath of office, and then allied hmself as part of a government outside of the Constitution in violation of his oath of office for offices in the Executive Branch and oath as a member of the Regional assembly.

As the nwxt highest recipient of votes in the special election, Flemingovia is declared elected as an Associate Justice of The Court of The North Pacific.

Back