Cabinet Announcement

Westwind

TNPer
-
Citizen and Friends of The North Pacific !

I thank you for your patience as I've assembled the new cabinet for the region. As I have said, I have looked for those that will be active, have experience and ability, and a willingness to be creative and inventive. It will be my policy, that should a cabinet member go inactive, I will not hesitate to seek out a replacement. We must keep our region actively functioning. We can't afford to fall back again into stagnation.

Before I present the cabinet, I want to say a few things about the state of affairs across NationStates. As many of you well know, we are on a continuing slide into greater and greater levels of inactivity. There are a few points of light across NS, where activity still continues, but those points are becoming fewer and farther between. Look at our sister feeder regions. How many of them are truely still active ? I've visited all the feeder forums and with the exception of The West Pacific, I am shocked at the emptiness out there.

I said when I declared my candidacy that I still beleive in TNP. And I truly do. We can still have an active community, and we can still be a player on the interregional stage. But.....time is running out. I don't think we can survive another summer slump, unless we take action to rejuevenate the region now. The Typhoon Struggle at the End of The World of NationStates is upon us. A final struggle against inactivity.

Old regions are dormant and dying. Small ineffectual regions sap the strength of community and activity in the NS world. The defender/invader dynamic no longer provides the means to generate interest, as it has become a sideline. Defenders are sparse, and invaders lose interest as they tackle only the easiest of targets. Thousands of nations die every month. Active nations have declined to a fraction of what it once was, and declines month by month. Feeder regions often stand silent, except for the endless RMB recruitment spam that everyone ignores. The NationStates Administrators have gone silent. We no longer hear from Max Berry, Salusa is silent. NationStates II is a dream unrealised.

What we still have, is what we have always had. The spirit and strength of community. NationStates is a collection of communities.

I hope that we can make the best of this opportunity, with a new Constitution and a new Government, to make something happen for all of us to enjoy. I'm not promising peace and prosperity. I'm saying that I will work to seek ways to help make this game something of interest. To make it interesting, and give reason for us to come here and enjoy ourselves. To give us purpose, so that we don't log off for the last time.

The old paths have run their course. We played those paths out, and now we need to seek new visions and new horizons. We need to seek to engage new players, and give good reason for experienced players to stay or to return.

I look forward to serving The North Pacific during this term of office. And without further delay, I present the Cabinet of The North Pacific.

Defense and Security: Dalimbar
Justice: New Kervoskia
Interregional Affairs: Vrtbovska Zahrada
Internal Affairs: Joshua

There will be additional appointments to sub-agencies as we proceed. Some of these appointments maybe controversial to some of you, and I realize that. But they meet the requirements that I set for the Cabinet, and understand what I hope to acheive here.

Finally, official titles for The Delegate and Cabinet members will be forthcoming.

Thank you for your support !

My thanks to Delegate Lewis and Clark for this opportunity.

*Signs a secret order, and watches as the NPIA proceeds to lock up JAL for being a threat to TNP values, or something...*

I want to be Minister of Silly Walks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

:lol:

mswtg1.jpg

Because he was not a member of the Regional Assembly when the old procedure was repealed as part of the former Constitution, and the Regional Assembly has to enact a Law with a new procedure.

(And the caretaker Cabinet were just that, caretakers, and really didn't have any authority on admission to the RA since there were no ptovision in the new Constitution other than the requirement that the RA enact a procedure.)

A proposed Law is ready to go to vote at 0000 GMT 10 January (which is 7pm tomorrow EST).

The only other option would be to put a motion to a vote in the Regional Assembly on Dalimbar's admission to the RA, and at this point, it would take just as long.

Wasn't Dalimbar appointed Minister of Defense under the new and current constitution? Under the new constitution there is no provision stating that Dalimbar had to be in the RA prior to his cabinet appointment. So, I see no reason why he cannot be remasked immediately.

Joshua is correct.

There is no requirement for a member of the Cabinet to be a member of the RA.

Edit: I'm getting tired of repeating that we are no longer under the old constitution or laws that were repealed.

Grosseschnauzer stated to me that he has "concerns" about Dali, and wanted the NPA consulted prior to his elevation.

The Delegate is responsible for regional security. Cabinet positions are appointed or removed by the delegate, not the NPA or an Administrator.

All executive and security functions are under The Delegate. Please mask Dalimbar appropriately.

Thank you.

Here is the quick and dirty. Under the current constitution there is no reason why Dalimbar cannot be remasked (I already made that point, but I am restating for the sake of argument).

Grosse told me via MSN that the current cabinet masks are based off the RA permission mask. Per an old motion passed in the Regional Assembly, posting rights in the RA are reserved for Assembly members only. This was apparently a motion and not a law, and supposedly we must still abide by this.

Dalimbar is not currently in the Regional Assembly and this is why Dalimbar has not been remasked as a cabinet member yet.

I personally would have no problem with remasking Dalimbar, and give him the condition that he does not post in any RA forum. And we do this until a new mask can be created. This seems like the most expedient solution to the problem, and logical.

All this bureaucracy and red tape is an ongoing problem.

Did he not also apply to the RA?
He has indeed. The current constitution is not clear on the grounds for admitting new members, and that is why we are currently working on legislation to clear this matter up.

It would be nice if his RA application could be approved right away. Not having the Minister of Defense masked properly is an impediment to the governments ability to work at full capacity.

It only takes a minute or two to make a new mask.

And again, as with the lack of communications to the pending RA applicants, this could have been explained - communicated - to ensure people know what their waiting for.

It only takes a minute or two to make a new mask.

And again, as with the lack of communications to the pending RA applicants, this could have been explained - communicated - to ensure people know what their waiting for.
I attempted to make that argument and Grosse said he would deal with this tomorrow. Flem could have tackled this as well.

Back