Galapagos Isle

Hello everyone! I am Galapagos Isle and I plan on running for Delegate of The North Pacific. I have had experience in the Government before as Deputy Minister of Defence for 3 terms. I have helped out around The North Pacific and I am an honest and reliable person to get to know. Here are my belief's in TNP and some Ideas for why you should vote me for Delegate in The North Pacific:

~If elected I plan on attempting to reduce the length of the waiting period for the new applicants in the RA and do my best to communicate any new issues to the all of The North Pacific if any of such arrive.

~I will also help us (The North Pacific) address current and new issues more efficiently so that we can think about the importance of our region and keep us moving to newer issues that arrive so that we may not be like we've been in the past of staying on past issues that should've been resolved months ago. I want to be able for us to have all our issues done and resolved in less then a month, and less then 2 weeks if we can. We need to have The North Pacific thinking about the future and not keep us in the past.

~Also I plan on helping us get a lot more activity throughout the region itself. I would address current issues, vote in the UN for whatever the majority of you the people in The North Pacific vote on. I also plan on helping keep the new member's of The North Pacific in mind and have them be able to be involved in The North Pacific so that they may stay and help us grow to keep our activity up.

~Now the biggest issue that's been brought up was about Change, I plan on doing some changes in The North Pacific so that we may move quickly and efficiently through-out The North Pacific. Now one of the changes I believe in doing is having a special group (council) with the Delegate which meet and address current issues through-out The North Pacific so that we may get them resolved in as quick of a time as we can do it.

I also plan on working with all of The North Pacific to find out what's going wrong, what's happening, and resolve all issues. I will communicate with all of the Government Offices in The North Pacific and check up on them to see how they are doing and what I can do to help them.

Thank you for reading my speech, please feel free to ask any question you all wish to ask. I will do my best to answer every one of them. I would also like to wish good luck to all who are running/campaigning in The North Pacific.

~Colonel Galapagos Isle
The North Pacific

~Now the biggest issue that's been brought up was about Change, I plan on doing some changes in The North Pacific so that we may move quickly and efficiently through-out The North Pacific. Now one of the changes I believe in doing is having a special group (council) with the Delegate which meet and address current issues through-out The North Pacific so that we may get them resolved in as quick of a time as we can do it.

What changes do you feel need to be made?

~I will also help us (The North Pacific) address current and new issues more efficiently so that we can think about the importance of our region and keep us moving to newer issues that arrive so that we may not be like we've been in the past of staying on past issues that should've been resolved months ago. I want to be able for us to have all our issues done and resolved in less then a month, and less then 2 weeks if we can. We need to have The North Pacific thinking about the future and not keep us in the past.

What issues do you feel are most pressing and why?

What changes do you feel need to be made?

What issues do you feel are most pressing and why?
I feel that no matter how long we stand around, it seems like nothing's getting done, we can have more acitivity on our forum aswell as in the game if we have more detail on things that appeal to "All" kinds of people who play NationStates. Then we can be able to achieve greater things with the help of one another.

Also, The issues I feel are most pressing is the fact that people want to play this game, but leave due to the lack of attention of details, things to do in nationstates, we are or are not giving people. We need to think about what the average nationstates, aswell as the new nationstates player wants. Wants to do..... Whatever entertains them, thus keeps them thinking about NationStates, keeping them "into" nationstates, aswell as letting them have "fun" most of all.

Nationstates is a game in which people like to see, to play, to be apart of. People dont want to be the one's on the outside of the box watching everything happen. They want to be a part of that box, they want to help the box in any way they can, and, most importantly, they want to stay with the box. Granted i'm not solid snake with my cardboard box sneaking around everywhere, but this is what the people want (not the sneaking, but to be apart of everything that happens), more or less.

I'm guessing the all the box talk meant the you think TNP should move from being a isolationist region, to one more involved in inter-regional diplomacy and interaction.

What stance would you like to see TNP take in regards to the rest of NS?

And kudos of the MGS reference... remember the cardboard box is your best friend.

edit - finger slippage... :blink:

Might I ask what your UN nation is ?

And if you are seeking the Delegacy with Galapagos Isle, shouldn't you join the UN with it and begin seeking endorsements and increasing your influence ?

I'm guessing the all the box talk meant the you think TNP should move from being a isolationist region, to one more involved in inter-regional diplomacy and interaction.

What stance would you like to see TNP take in regards to the rest of NS?

And kudos of the MGS reference... remember the cardboard box is your best friend.

edit - finger slippage...  :blink:
Yes I was thinking about moving TNP to a more inter-regional diplomacy and interaction. My stance is that I will do my best to help us build on the foundation which has been set now with the updated constitution and help get us to grow more instead of being small with not a lot of people, up to a place with a lot of people/activity. We need to get NS back up and out of the place we are in. It's time we start looking at what people want these days in the loop, then to keep them out of the loop. And, MGS is a great game. (GI wants to play MGS: 4 soooooo badddd.)

Also, Lewis and Clark, my UN nation is Galapagos Isle, however, it's not in the UN now due to a mission the NPA had last week, and I've neglected to get it back into the UN. I should be in the UN and getting my endo count back up to where it used to be (around 100) and keeping that nation in the UN in a few days.

@ Outer Kharkistania
- Yes the NPA is active, I'm Deputy Minister of Defence. I talk to Gaspo everynow and then, and well, when I say we need activity, we need activity. The NPA is one of TNP's main thing which is being ignored. I've been doing my best to keep it active, and finding things for the NPA to do. If we aren't known there's nothing we can do in the NPA to help out other region's. Also, those who are new that apply for the NPA lose interest in NS faster because we dont have nothing to do. We just stay on stand by, but yes, we are active. About 4 of us are.

@ New Kervoskia
- Hmmmm, let me think about that............Well, I can't actually offer that to you, thus I'm sorry. Although, I can will try my best to ensure that we get everyone, new or old, active in TNP/NS. If that's alright with you.

I've wondered about the NPA mysself. I haven't seen a single sign of activity in the five months I've been here. One of my great concerns is that inactivity. If there have been at least some missions, why doesn't the Ministry promote it's successes ? If you want more people to join the NPA, you have to let people know that it's active and doing things.

I am aware of quite a number of missions that are available out there in the NS wide world regularly. :ph34r:

Given the tight time frame that has been outlined for these elections, do you feel you have the time to gain enough votes quickly enough to provide for a stable handover should you become elected?

I believe so, if I get working on it right away.

Also LC, I have to atleast have Gaspos permission on most of the mission's and it's hard to keep in contact with him since he's been busy.

That's unfortunate and obviously something that will need to be changed. Missions should not depend upon a single Minister or officer when others are more active and available.

Edit: I love it that the ad banner that comes up is for Galapagos Islands when I post in this thread. :lol:

Hey, I dont mind using this thread to talk, but it's best if we both talk about the issues so that we both know what needs to be done when someone is elected.

Frankly, I'm the guy who listens to the higher ups. I'm a great leader, though if I cant authorize a mission without permission, I wont do it. I also dont plan on going against what I took an oath on in order to become the Deputy Minister of Defence. :npa1:

Back