Vote Kharkistania for CLO

Well, since we haven't made a spot for campaigns for Council of Lower Officers, I would like to announce my intention to run here.

What is the CLO? The new constitution puts it as follows:

Article IV: Council of Lower Officers

Section 1: Membership and Powers
1. The Council of Lower Officers (CLO) is to be comprised of the Speaker of the Assembly and three specially-elected members of the Assembly.
2. The CLO is to be given access and speaking privileges within the private Cabinet areas but are not allowed to take part in votes of the Cabinet.
3. The CLO may, with supermajority vote, place an emergency temporary halt on any specific action undertaken by a Ministry, officer, or agent of the Executive branch.
4. The CLO may vote to immediately bring any piece of legislation to an emergency vote before the Assembly.

If elected, I would use my position to attempt to influence activity in the Regional Assembly in concert with my fellow CLO members. In addition, I would use the responsibility granted me to watch out for the safety of the region, and make sure we don't have Ministers launching any more coups. Finally, I would love to help define the role of this new position- while sketched out, this article is still rather vague, and I would like to help clear that up.

With <3,

Khark

Good luck with your candidacy !

What type of actions by the Cabinet do you feel would be cause for the CLO to institute an emergency halt ?

Also, are you withdrawing your Delegate candidacy in view of running for CLO, or are you runnning concurrently ?

If elected, I would use my position to attempt to influence activity in the Regional Assembly in concert with my fellow CLO members.
Would you care to explain that statement a little more thoroughly?

Also, the SC had a fully explained mandate and was unable to prevent two coups. Why do you feel the CLO will fair any better?

I am no longer pursuing any office, as I declared all my previous candidacy announcements annulled when I became elections commissioner.

Sorry for any confusion.

Back