Legal Code Amendment

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
Whilst I'd liked to have got a new constitution decided, since the process may take a little long, I feel it is necessary to propose the following amendment to the Legal Code.

TNP Law 16
Section 3. Removal of a Cabinet-level positionholder due to inactivity.
A - As used in this section, “inactivity” refers to the failure of the holder of a Cabinet-level position to post in their Ministry or the cabinet forumslog into his or her forum user account at the official off-site Regional forum for more than 14 consecutive days without prior public notice, or prior private notice to the Prime Minister and the Deputy Minister of the particular Ministry.

I feel that simply "logging in" should not count for defining activity when it comes to Ministers in cabinet. Logging in doesn't constitute actually doing anything constructive which a Minister should be doing. Of course, even posting is subjective but it is -in my opinion- an improved measure over the current state of affairs.

Ideally, unless there are any major objections, I'd like to get this to vote as soon as possible.

While I appreciate the objectives, I have to say that most of a Delegate's activity under the current constitution takes place over on nationstates.net. Just because I post on the forum little more than UN resolutions at vote, it doesn't mean I'm not active.

What if there are no topics in the forums that warrant a reply within the 14 day time-period? Should there be a sticky set up where the relevant nation posts to confirm his/her activity?

This only applies to cabinet Ministers- I'd hope that there would be something for them to post in two weeks. More over, what this means is that they can be removed, not that they will be removed if they don't post in that timescale.

This only applies to cabinet Ministers- I'd hope that there would be something for them to post in two weeks. More over, what this means is that they can be removed, not that they will be removed if they don't post in that timescale.
Fair point. Good idea. Good resolution. Supported by me.

Back