Inactivity is killing this region

Since elections we've declined into inactivity once more. How can we even hold a ConCom with these activity rates?

We need to do something.

Obviously what I've always wanted to do is declare war on some "random" region (such as the NPO :P ;)). TNP was active and productive during the Lexicon war due to the excitement it provided; I see no reason why we cannot rinse lather and repeat with a more interesting region than the dreadful Lexicon.

Some alternate ideas would be:

Reviving the NPA
Me trolling around and getting myself put on trial for fun (I'm only being half-serious :P)

But seriously, I can't think of any good ideas other than the war idea. I am sure there are others though; I'm just dreadfully tired at midnight Thursday night. But I do not think we'll make it through a ConCom at this rate.

The problem is, JAL, that it isn't going to have the same effect by randomly declaring war on someone. When there isn't any real (recent) pretext it would probably be difficult to get people worked up over a war- particularly one we started.

I had hoped to get a new constitution done before looking at this sort of thing but judging by how little has happened over the last week I can see why that might be difficult.

On that front, if Flem has an up-to-date RA roster we should PM everyone in the RA to tell them that we're discussing major constitutional reform. Hopefully that will generate a bit of interest. On that note, I will PM Flem.

On topic, my opinion is that we need to define our purpose (vis a vis the other thread). It becomes more difficult for us (IMO) because we just aren't the evil empire types (well, not all of us anyway). However I think we do need to try and look beyond our borders. I believe we need to ditch the isolationism and, yeah, revive and revamp the NPA. Be a little more aggressive in pushing our values- perhaps some might thing of it as akin to the US (though I might disagree, but I digress). Do the defending thing, but help set up democracies in regions we defend- start signing MDP's with these people- maybe even something more advanced, protectorates, etc. Heck, maybe even try a bit of regime change if we find somewhere suitable... :P Hopefully, a more assertive and strident foreign policy might get a reaction. The whole idea would be to create a little controversy, beat the war drums against the invaders and dictatorships, but create it by aggressively following a "moral high ground" rather than by being the "evil empire".

Well this might spice things up a bit :P SWATH sent me this message from Karpathos:

Pushing the SFBA thing aside for a second, tell JAL to stop trying to flip our citizens or we'll consider it an act of war from every region he represents.

By "flip our citizens" I have no idea what he's talking about, so that's probably just Karpathos being a pissant as usual.

So then here I was, wondering where Moo has the authority to complain about flipping citizens given his stunt with Dalimbar. And then I wondered if Karpathos actually meant declaring war on ALL the regions I am a member of (TNP, TWP, Nasicournia, etc). That would be funny.

I am going to assume that some NPO lowby produced a fake log or otherwise bad intelligence and passed it onto Karpathos to score points with the Senate. Because I know that an NPO Senator would never attempt to shit-start :P Otherwise your guesses are as good as mine.

Let's not forget recruiting. The region is active, with a recent boost in new players. More players = more activity. If we each made it a goal to recruit one new player a week to the forum, we would find the place bustling with activity.

Recruiting is very important. But there is no point in getting people here if there isn't anything to do. I suppose it's a kind of chicken and the egg debate but I'd like to get a firm grasp of where we stand as a region and what we want to do, as I think it would help with recruiting if we have a "message".

That means that according to him, you are trying to persuade NPO citizens to defect.

:rofl:

I would not waste my time; NPO people defect all the time and drop me intel - especially if they want a leak - without my encouragement. I do not know where Karpathos got this idea from, but oh well.

Anyway, I will try to maintain more of a presence than I've had on the RMB. Drawing newbies that aren't DEN spies is always nice :P (not that all our newbies are DEN spies)

Back