A situation much like our own...

Now, I am sure you are the LAST person to expect to say that I mourn with our brothers in the Pacific. They are currently laid down under a tyrant. That tyrant is Moo-Cows with Guns. While I believe that the Pacific has gone from one tyrant, Ivan, to another, MC, it is clear to say that this is not the time to put my personal beliefs before inter-regional relations.

It is my pride in saying that we must ally ourselves with our Pacifican brothers to take up arms against tyranny and all that injures society in any way! We our on the verge of revolution! They are on the verge of revolution! We are comrades of the same fate!

Let us rise above it!

Tell me what's going on right now.

All I know is that Ivan came back and took over the forums. Meanwhile, Moo has control over the WFE and removed the forums from the WFE.

Anyone know any more?

It looks like a washover from Cybernatins where something similar happened!! The old guard of the NPO are not happy with Moo's direction, it seems!!

It spilled over from a split in Cybernations to the NPO forums and ultimately to NationStates itself. I hadn't heard that it was due to unhappiness at Moo's Emperorship though, that is interesting.

It isn't. Here's the deal. Moo pulled a coup on Ivan in the CN NPO, and Ivan has apparently seized control of our forums in response. That's all. A-I, I have no idea where the hell you get this shit from, but seriously, it's getting boring to sit here while you make shit up and act as though it's true. There isn't internal strife in The Pacific right now, there isn't any struggle for the Emperorship, all of this is CN-driven. There's no revolution in The Pacific. Ivan's taken over our forums, so we're building new ones. It's quite simple, really.

I'm not an expert on the situation but I've skimmed the threads on the CN forums.

I will admit that I found this situation amusing at first. But there are charges against Moldavi that he used RL issues as leverage against Moo. Moldavi and I have been on opposite sides of NS for a long time but I know him well enough to realize that he would never blur the IC/OOC line to gain power in a game, no matter how power hungry he may be. From the little bit I know, I understand why he would have acted this way. Let me know if I'm wrong about this....

What I've heard directly from the person who was the target of the OOC commentary was that it was not so much Moldavi as it was those acting under him. Again, I'm not directly involved in the CN aspect. My involvement extends only so far as to keep the CN crap out of our game. It ends there.

I'm not an expert on the situation but I've skimmed the threads on the CN forums.

I will admit that I found this situation amusing at first. But there are charges against Moldavi that he used RL issues as leverage against Moo. Moldavi and I have been on opposite sides of NS for a long time but I know him well enough to realize that he would never blur the IC/OOC line to gain power in a game, no matter how power hungry he may be. From the little bit I know, I understand why he would have acted this way. Let me know if I'm wrong about this....
The allegations of RL threats against Moo are bullshit!! Sadly, people need to make up crap to generate sufficient sympathy for their cause these days!! Sadder still, there are people happy to lap up the bullshit if it because they want to believe it!!

I have no idea what is happening in NS NPO, I've not bothered to look!!

Incidents have occurred in CN and I believe the foum situation in NS NPO is a washover of the CN issues as I said!!

Touche, but the government is not the same as the people.

By the way, Polts. You said it was sad when somebody makes up crap to back their political opinions.

Are mine any different from yours? Give it some thought before your reply.

Well Sixguns has been ejected and then allowed back into The Pacific, but has lost his high endorsement count and influence, which were second only to Emperor Moo. Darkesia has also been ejected and appears to have quit The Pacific.

I was sent. I'm not so fond of how things are shaping up in TP. It might just be time for this old girl to retire.

Darkesia:
*cries for the loss of culture, pride and purpose of this, the first region in the NS universe*

Francos Spain's name may still be up there in the WFE, but you have turned your backs on him.  The ADN has won the war afterall.  Their members sit at the head of this former bastion of strength.

It's time for me to go.  Pacifica has not prevailed.

:no:

It's been sad to see the implosion of my longtime enemies since the fall of the PRP with all the various backstabbings within their org. With an impotent Pacific there's no badguy left :(

Also, I hope Darkesia doesn't leave the game over this.

Sad to say that I too am hanging up my jackboots and closing the fortress.

The day JAL becomes the evil bad guy is the day hell freezes over. Maybe I'll pop in once in a while just to see how is diabolical plans are working out for him.

Back