Grosseschnauzer for MoCE and SC

It is a time of crisis. And as a loyal citizen of The North Pacific, I hear the call to service of and for The North Pacific in its latest hour of need.

As many of you know, it was under my leadership as Prime Minister that our University was formed. It is incumbent upon me to protect that institution from those who seek to usurp power and liberty in the most democratic region of all of the feeder regions of Nationstates.

During this past term of office, my opponent has failed to show any interest or contribution to the University in its founding days. He has ignored the responsibility of the Minister of Culture and Education to serve as chairman of the Board of Regents of the University, and as a el;ected regent of the University, I have direct personal knowledge of his lack of participation for this duty of the MoCE.

This MoCE plays an important role in preserving the hertitage and traditions of our Region. The recent adoption of a law concerning holidays in TNP imposes on the MoCE the responsibility to organize appropriate commemorations and celebrations of these key dates in our history. So far, my opponent in his term as MoCE, has not done a thing to implement that responsibility. He hasn't even attempted to discuss it.

In this time of emergency, every member of the Cabinet chosen by the members of the Regional Assembly should have the experience, the wisdom, the respect of the Region. As a veteran of the Pixiedance era, and as a former two-term Prime Minister of The North Pacific, I can bring to this office the experience, the vision, and the foresight that is needed in this time of crisis.

For these reasons, I am a candidate for Minister of Culture and Education, and I am a candidate for re-election to the Security Council.

So, the only reason you are running is because someone you don't like nominated themselves!! And you query the motivation of Blue Wolf?!

No, more like someone who is an incumbent nominated themselves who didn't do the job at all.

Something we cannot afford in the current situation.

No, more like someone who is an incumbent nominated themselves who didn't do the job at all.

Something we cannot afford in the current situation.
You said this!!

It is incumbent upon me to protect that institution from those who seek to usurp power and liberty in the most democratic region of all of the feeder regions of Nationstates.

Yet, your platform seems to be based on maintaining power for your own clique rather than running for the good of the region or any real desire to run for this office!!

I'm not sure how Blue Wolf is seeking "to usurp power and liberty" as you say!! Sounds like the usual scaremongering pap you trot out everytime someone with new ideas comes forward!!

I think it is immensely hypocritical of you to question the motivation of a candidate while really only running to spite that candidate!! Blue Wolf's previous performance notwithstanding, his platform seems to be more genuine than your own!!

As for Ministers not doing their job, its very common in TNP and your selective objection to it further underlines your true reasons for running for Cabinet!!

What clique might that be?

There are several reasons to run, and they are not inconsistent. Assuring that the Minister pf Culture and Education protects our heritage (including the implementation of the new holidays) and chairing the Board of Regents of the University, as well as playing a role in a war-time Cabinet, is not inconsistent with seeking to replace an incumbent who has not done his job, and has publicly rejected his responsibility to uphold his oath of office.

Had the situation not changed in the last 48 hours, I most likely would have only run for re-election to the Security Council. But as was the case last year when I first ran for Prime Minister, last minute events often point to making different choices. Such is the case here. I am fully aware, Poltsamaa that you and a few others wouldn't vote for me under any circumstances, but guess what? The feeling is mutual.

But the fact remains that I have always striven to do what I believe serves the best interests of everyone in The North Pacific, that has been my track record to date, and that will continue to be the case in the future.

Grosseschnauzer has done an amazing job working to get the University created and running. He was a great help after I became Chancellor. I support his campaign and look forward to working with him on the University!

What clique might that be?
You never could pull off feigned ignorance!!

There are several reasons to run, and they are not inconsistent. Assuring that the Minister pf Culture and Education protects our heritage (including the implementation of the new holidays) and chairing the Board of Regents of the University, as well as playing a role in a war-time Cabinet, is not inconsistent with seeking to replace an incumbent who has not done his job, and has publicly rejected his responsibility to uphold his oath of office.

We are at war?! With whom?! Secondly, I'm not aware of any breach of the Oath of Office by Blue Wolf!!

Had the situation not changed in the last 48 hours, I most likely would have only run for re-election to the Security Council.

What situation?!

But as was the case last year when I first ran for Prime Minister, last minute events often point to making different choices. Such is the case here.  I am fully aware, Poltsamaa that you and a few others wouldn't vote for me under any circumstances, but guess what? The feeling is mutual.

This isn't about me or who I will or will not vote for!! I'm questioning your reasons for running!! Should I poke my tongue out and pull faces at you now, I'm a bit rusty on 3rd grade playground antics!!

But the fact remains that I have always striven to do what I believe serves the best interests of everyone in The North Pacific, that has been my track record to date, and that will continue to be the case in the future.

No, you strive to preserve the document you wrote at the expense of what people may or may not want in the region!! You have a habit of assuming what you think is best for the region is best for the region to the extent you and your friends from the clique derail discussion with idiotic posts to prevent discussion taking place!! Your only interest is in keeping your clique in power!!

When he was PM, Gross was a great with pushing the University along even when it had been tried and failed many times before. Even after the MoCE (me) had to disappear halfway through the term. I can't think of anyone better suited for this job.

I have no doubt Schnauzer is more than capable!! I was just perplexed as to why a capable candidate needed to start their campaign with such negativity!! Surely, some one as capable as you, Schnauzer, could regale us with your accomplishments rather then cast aspersions over Blue Wolf?!
The "zomg they will create a dictatorship!!1!1" tactic is a bit tired and quite frankly, I expected a bit better, is all!! ;)

Grosse, you have not done a damn thing in your position on the University board and, to top it all off, you helped implement miles of red tape that prevents the MiniCult from having a direct hand in the operations of the University.

You want a speech from me? I pledge to rid the University from the mindless vice of political bullcrap that has strangled this region for years.

--(Also I just got back from a 10 day long trip. Yay me!)

Blue Wolf, you are wrong on so many counts, I'm not going to even try to count them.

First, the MoCE was never intended to be the primary executive of the University -- the Chancellor was. The MoCE has a limited role, to chair the board of regents, but that does not mean that the MoCE is a deity as a result.

Second, whatever procedures that were adopted by the Board of Regents were inplace before I was elected to fill a vacancy on the board. The procedures in place now are those that the chancellor, Ator People, has recommended and implemented, so if you have a complaint about these procedures, talk to Ator People about them. Oh wait, you've had four months to do that and you haven't.

I would have wanted fewer courses during the initial terms to work out the knicks, but others wanted to be more ambitious. In any event, why would you even want to be in office under a system you detest so much? It's most illogical, even for a wolf..

Listen puppy, the University system sucks and is a total failure in my eyes. Nothing gets done, the people who are suppose to vote on things in the University are never around or just don't care enough to actually cast a vote, and our "pass" rate for classes was laughable, never mind the fact hardly anyone signed up for the thing. The board of regents is the most ineffective and non-progressive thing we've come up with since the start of this entire government and that says quite a lot. Anyone who endorses the idiotic system which the University is currently under is not fit to take the office of MiniCult.

Oh, and Grosse, the reason why I am running for MiniCult is so bureaucratic screw-ups like you can't dick up our region anymore than you already have. Essential, I want to get things moving and rid ourselves of the hinders that the government has created for itself. The reason why you're running is because you think I'm a rebel and just don't want to see me elected.

BW, your "record," or more accurately, a lack of one, is the best predictor of what you would accomplish.

And I'm sure Ator People, ZS, and the other regents will be quite interested in the low opinion you have just expressed of each of them in your post above. Very classy of you. Quite a display of class. .

Listen puppy, the University system sucks and is a total failure in my eyes. Nothing gets done, the people who are suppose to vote on things in the University are never around or just don't care enough to actually cast a vote, and our "pass" rate for classes was laughable, never mind the fact hardly anyone signed up for the thing. The board of regents is the most ineffective and non-progressive thing we've come up with since the start of this entire government and that says quite a lot. Anyone who endorses the idiotic system which the University is currently under is not fit to take the office of MiniCult.

Oh, and Grosse, the reason why I am running for MiniCult is so bureaucratic screw-ups like you can't dick up our region anymore than you already have. Essential, I want to get things moving and rid ourselves of the hinders that the government has created for itself. The reason why you're running is because you think I'm a rebel and just don't want to see me elected.
You have my vote!!

Grosse:
BW, your "record," or more accurately, a lack of one, is the best predictor of what you would accomplish.

You tend to forget quite quickly, little doggy, that it was under my term as MiniCult which the University was actually established. I'm the one who got the ball rolling when it has seemed to deflate all together and pressured progress. Of course I am unhappy with the results of it, the responsibility for running the University should fall upon the MiniCult not some Board or it's non-publicly elected Chancellor, and I’ve felt that way from the start. You're blatant lying will win you no one's sympathy, however.

Back