Change, Change, and More Change!

Joshua

TNPer
Salutations Fellow TNPers and Groupies,

*Joshua slowly ascends to the podium to make his inaugural campaign speech*

The winds of change have started to blow through TNP, and it is time that we started to take heed. My campaign will center around increasing internal activity in TNP, and I will actively work and take part in the reformation of TNP.

So, how can I have any effect on the activity levels of TNP? How can I increase the activity levels here? All good questions, and here are some of the ideas I have thus far:

1) I will attempt to the best of my abilities to get new RA applicants in a timely fashion. A timely fashion, what do you mean? My hopes are to get most RA applicants processed in no more than 5 days time. I will strive to publically alert new applicants on the expected date and time that they will be approved and accepted into the Regional Assembly. If for some reason the approval process is taking longer I will communicate publically and/or privately with the applicants on why their acceptance into the RA is taking longer than expected.

The quicker we can get new applicants approved and inducted into the RA, we will be less likely to deter potentially active members from serving in our region. Joining the Regional Assembly is the gateway into greater regional involvement. It is the key to being able to vote, to have a say in legislative matters, and becoming involved in the various ministries.

2) If I am elected I intend on putting together a small, but active and effective core of folks that will attempt to pull in new nations to join our forum and become active in their home. If we can attract a greater number of newly created nations then we will hopefully in turn build a solid base of players who are actively taking part in TNP.

Ideally we would work on a schedule that would establish when each member of this recruitment and welcome group would contact newly created nations in TNP. If we can contact nations as soon as possible then we are more likely to get them to stay and in turn get them active in TNP.

I am an experienced recruiter. I have recruited for many regions and have met with great success. I recruited for Ille de France, The Exodus, The Worlds Stronghold, The Tableland, and many others. Often I was able to increase regional populations by significant amounts in short periods of time. I believe I can use my expertise in recruitment and with a solid team I feel I can help bolster our active member base.

3) Besides, my willingness and hopefully my ability to ensure domestic security and to increase our active member base. I will make reform of our constitution my other big goal. We need

Many of us realize by now that our constitution is not serving the region it is intended for. The constitution was created in good faith and with the best of intentions. But, it has become unwieldy and deters nations from seeking greater involvement in our region and government. Matters of governance seem to take longer then they should. Which is why I fully support Monte Ozarka's proposed version of a new constitution.

Seeing as I work full-time as a teacher at a marine science summer camp. I need my sleep and will further elaborate on this issue of reform ASAP.

*Joshua descends from the podium*

Are you open to perhaps two or even three deputy MoIIA's to assist with processing RA applications?!
I ask this as the demand on one person can become great, not least when other matters eat into the time the MoIIA has to dedicate to his Ministerial duties!!

I see the MoIIA and any deputies as responsible for the prompt and efficient processing of RA applications and believe the expansion of deputiy positions in this office is important to achieve this!!

Are you open to perhaps two or even three deputy MoIIA's to assist with processing RA applications?!
I ask this as the demand on one person can become great, not least when other matters eat into the time the MoIIA has to dedicate to his Ministerial duties!!

I see the MoIIA and any deputies as responsible for the prompt and efficient processing of RA applications and believe the expansion of deputiy positions in this office is important to achieve this!!
I would be receptive to two deputies who would help process RA applications. Of course I would retain the final say on whether they get approval or not. A third deputy would be useful in helping to spearhead the task force I spoke about that would work to recruit newly created nations in our region in hopes of boosting our active member base.

Thank you Poltsamaa for bring this idea to my attention. ^_^

Didn't you denounce the standing government along with your fellow minister?

What will you do personally to help against the 'inactivity' that is susposedly rampant thoughout the region.

Didn't you denounce the standing government along with your fellow minister?

What will you do personally to help against the 'inactivity' that is susposedly rampant thoughout the region.
I found it tougher and tougher to have faith in the government.

I thought I had outlined that in my speech? As I stated in my initial post I will work on expediting the RA application process. There is no reason it needs to take as long as it does currently. Also, I will put together a regional recruitment team. The idea of this team is to help recruit newly created nations that come into TNP. In hopes of enlarging our active member base in the region and on the forum. I envision that one of my deputies will be charge in this effort if they so choose. If not I will gladly spearhead that effort or help supervise and support my Deputy if they took charge of that effort.

I firmly believed that overhauling the current government and constitution would help make the government more efficient and would boost our activity. In general improve the everyday running and management of our region. That can only help make TNP stronger.

I FIRMLY support Monte Ozarka's draft for a new constitution. I feel like it is on the right track and he has the right idea on how to slim down things and make the government better.

Here are a few examples on how reformatting our government and constitution would be beneficial:

1) I FIRMLY support eliminating and combining certain ministries. Less is more, folks. The more positions we have in the government the longer things take and the less efficient we become. I am all for re-organizing the cabinet and ministry setup to something that will work better for our region and be more logical.

2) A constitution that is written in a way that makes it simpler to understand and therefore more accessible to to our member base could potentially deter folks from being alienated by a overly complex and verbose constitution.

MORE TO COME, SO STAY TUNED.

In addendum to what I said above. Having a recruitment task force I feel is part of the solution to curing our lack of activity. I if can put together a small task force of active folks who will operate on an agreed schedule, which I feel confident that I can, that will be an important driving force. If this task force is capable of attracting new nations to our forum, the next step will be to find ways to get these folks involved and keeping them plugged in.

Streamlining and the expediting the RA approval process will be IMPORTANT. Creating a constitution that is slimmed down and easier to understand will also be important. Also, having a governmental structure established that will make nations more upwardly mobile. Since, the constitution informs us on how our government shall run and be setup then we cannot have many of these improvements without also rewriting that document.

Support Reform, Support Greater Regional Activity, Vote Joshua for MoIIA!

Would you please tell me a bit about your past? Other regions you've been in, other names you might have used? My memory's a bit foggy.

May I ask why you feel that way EM? If elected as MoIIA of TNP my responsibilities towards TNP are as follows:

1) Ensure that new applicants to the RA are approved in a timely manner.
2) Help increase and maintain activity levels in TNP.
3) Help with acclimating and making sure new nations are welcomed here.
4) Help maintain domestic security here in TNP.

If elected you can you bet that I will work my behind off to accomplish these goals.

Gaspo I will be more then happy to answer your question. I am off to bed though, and will hopefully post a thorough account of my time spent in NS. Thank you for inquiring. ^_^

Alright, well I decided to stay up a bit longer and got talking to Grosse on MSN. ^_^

I got my start in NS in the spring of 2004. My first nation was 'Bhagavan', and was almost immediately recruited and pursued by the founder of Ille de France. Some may know that player as Mississippi Rio, and later as General Tommy Franks. Shortly after Bhagavan was made, I created my second nation which was 'Avenging Angels'. As 'Bhagavan' I was deleted, my first and only in NS. Bhagavan was UN Delegate of Ille de France until his deation, and I took over as UN Delegate with 'Avenging Angels'.

I believe before 'Bhagavan' was deated I was deposed from my delegacy by DEN. When this occurred Mississippi Rio had been inactive for a few days. At the time I had no idea that MR had asked DEN to come in and take the delegacy away from me. In my defense I had been in NS for a very short time and was not keen to the raider/fender side of the game. This also sparked my interest in intel gathering and also sparked what was at the time a distaste and disliking of raiders. I became curious and felt a sense of gratitude to the defenders who came to my aid. I was aided by TITO, EAA, and Freedom Fighters in kicking DEN out of IDF. After some chats with MR he gave me several contacts that I could use for my intel gathering, as I found out later on these contacts were most likely puppets of his. I also became adept at watching regional happenings and monitoring update for possible raids. At the time I was mainly giving intel to the EAA, and TITO.

Right around when summer kicked in for 2004, I left NS due to RL problems and issues I was dealing with. I did become active again in NS later that summer, I forget exactly what the length of my hiatus was. After a disagreement with Rio, I was ejected from Ille de France. This was when I decided to found a region of my own. I established a region called 'The Temporary Region'. Here myself and others recruited new nations until we felt we had gained sufficient numbers to begin deciding on what our new home would be like. During this time our member base voted on the founder, region name, and what our basic tenets would be.

I was voted in as founder and founded the region 'The Exodus'. During this time we decided our region would be neutral in our dealings with others. The Exodus was founded by me in August 2004. The Exodus was established as a home for anyone that needed one. We always kept an open mind and heart in excepting new nations. Giving nations a second chance was important to us. TO BE CONTINUED[/b}

Your continuing candor is appreciated. You left out your dealings with Nasicournia, but that can be forgiven I suppose.

Now, the things I quoted above are all very nice, but I'm interested in more specifically how you intend to accomplish such lofty goals.

Your continuing candor is appreciated. You left out your dealings with Nasicournia, but that can be forgiven I suppose.

Now, the things I quoted above are all very nice, but I'm interested in more specifically how you intend to accomplish such lofty goals.
You are welcome Gaspo, and that is why I posted To Be Continued. When I felt was more alert I was going to continue to expand upon my history in NS. ^_^

I am glad to give more details. I believe the MoIIA is able to examine the IP addresses of new applicants to the RA so that a thorough background check can be done. I have no issue with this as long as that is the only reason for accessing other members IP addresses. This is vital given that being in the RA is a players key to being able to vote, have a say in legislative and propose legislature of their own, and to run for goverment positions. Obviously, screening out nations that could possibly use their RA status to the detriment of TNP would be very bad for our stability as a region. I will be vigilant in my screening and accepting of new applicants to ensure that our region is not compromised.

I also believe that making new nations feel welcome and ensuring that their needs are met within a reasonable time can increase our stability and overall activity. I would hate for a nation to become jaded because they felt ignored or that their RA application was taking to long to be processed. The more involved and positive a nations experience is the more likely they are willing to work to help the region and be a positive influence.

As stated if elected I INTEND to establish an active and effective recruitment task force so that we can increase our active member base. In addition I would also be willing to establish a welcoming committe that would greet and help get new members to our forum acclimated.

What means do you intend to use to screen applicants? What resources drawn from your NS career do you have at your disposal?

What means do you intend to use to screen applicants? What resources drawn from your NS career do you have at your disposal?
Once again superb questions and I will answer them tomorrow when I am well rested. I shall also continue to elaborate upon on my history and my time spent in NS. I am off to bed for real. I need my beauty sleep so I am not to grouchy when I am around the students at my camp. ^_^

Do you think that you can be both a member of the DEN and MoIA? I personally don't think it is a good combination.

May I ask why you feel that way EM?

I think I can understand where EM is coming from. The MOIA, uniquely in the cabinet, has access to IP addresses of all RA members - which includes all of the North Pacific Army members and NPIA members.

Our history of raiders having access to IP addresses on this forum has not been a happy one, and a current list of our IP addresses would be a useful resource for any raider group.

In the light of the above, can you understand why there might be disquiet in TNP at an member of DEN becoming our MOIA? What would you say to reassure those who have such worries?

Back