Notice of Intent to Recall from Office: Everyone

I see. So the root of the problem is ignoring human nature rather than taking a player at his word?
I think you have been more than adept at ignoring the root of the problem!! The root of the problem will not just go away!!

Without change, the cycle will repeat!!

Hmmm... No reason for Dali to be disgruntled?

Here's what I have seen in the past few months:

Dali gets elected.
Dali goes to the cabinet with some suggestions.
Grosse (then PM) tells him to sit down and shut up.
Dali vents to me and other friends.
Rumours reach Grosse so he makes up some busy work in the form of a committee or something to keep Dali out of the way and further insult him by pointing out how powerless the position of delegate is.
Dali bides his time in his committee position.
Elections come.
Dali is re-elected.
Kirby runs un-opposed and wins PM.
Dali is still castrated by the constitution and Kirby appears lucid only 20% of the time.
Grosse steps in to the void of leadership and defense of the constitution (Our hero?).

Now, that's not to say that what I've observed takes in to account everything that's gone on. But for people here to continuously say that Dali and others have no right to be disgruntled, is blind to reality at best and a flat out lie at worst.

*goes back to the shadows*

I'm going to be honest and say I cant be arsed to read most of this but heres my naswer to the in game thing..

The government has to have some bearing on the actual game of nationstates. The government is governing the nations of the region of TNP in that game. If they dont exist or are taken to be inconsequential then the constitution/government is useless.

So dont give me bullcrap about ingame or not

Can people stop using sweeping statements like 'streamlining'
and 'getting rid of bureaucracy' and instead offer credible solutions?

And Dark, Dali went to the Cabinet and Gross allowed him to start a Regional Task Force. What did he do? Put in little to no effort or time into the project and then went inactive for long periods of time.

The role of the Delegate has worked with every other player since Pixiedance, so trying to blame all our problems on that seems illogical.

And Dark, Dali went to the Cabinet and Gross allowed him to start a Regional Task Force. What did he do? Put in little to no effort or time into the project and then went inactive for long periods of time.

The role of the Delegate has worked with every other player since Pixiedance, so trying to blame all our problems on that seems illogical.
Check out the Regional Assembly, Sir!! There be ideas there and in writing and all too!!

Giving the Delegate a paddle pool to piss in is hardly going to fix the problem of someone who is required to maintain the effort of endo-tarting for their term, not counting the lead up to the election for the change-over, having no say in regional government at all!! To say it has worked since Pixiedance is a little misleading as there are not that many terms involved and most of those terms were held by those that are the architects of the current system!!

I'd hazard a guess and say Dalimbar would be the first Delegate not to fall into that category?!

Regardless, as the region grows I'd hope new names would become Delegate and as more new nations become Delegate, I'm sure they'd appreciate it if they had some clout in the region other than the lackey collecting endorsements while being spoken down to by members of the Cabinet!!

Its up to the region, but the cycle keeps repeating and the same people keep saying the same things, although this time some of the supporters of the clique have switched camps!! The Constitution was supposed to be a living document that changed to accommodate the region as it changes!! However, some wish the region to be like Peter Pan and never grow up!!

If the region votes to change the Constitution to give more say in government to the Delegate and more scope for the Cabinet to do their jobs would the defenders of the Constitution as it stands now take their bat and ball and go home?!

In fairness dali didtry to change his role's position. And yes, gross or "he who knows best" did tell him to shut up.

And in many ways good on dali for trying to do something. Shame he just hasnt managed to do anything of consequence at all..

elections were menat to be here long ago.

Who knows?

Prehaps this is wasted, prehaps not. Prehaps next week we'll be hailing Moo emperor of all NS or pope hope TNP's Holy See.

Or just hand me the delegacy. I'd kick ass

Don't be ridiculous Fulhead. It is in no one's best interest to see the NPO march in here and take over the North.

Exaggeration does not lend credibility to any case you present.

~S

Yeah. If you need the definition of a joke, I'll give you one:

Why do they put babies in hot water after they're born?

So if it's dead, they can make soup.

It's bad, but you laughed didn't you?

Anyways, on with the discussion.

Byard said the elections would come soon.

I know the supposed dates of both the nominations and elections. Of course if I stated that here I would probably be bitched at for over-stepping my authority and perhaps even slapped with some sort of charges...

That being said, the supposed end date of nominations is August 12 and the polls are supposed to open August 20. If any of my fellow government officials decides that what I did was wrong let me state this: It should already be public knowledge, numb nuts! <_<

Those are the start EM. We have to much bureaucracy. We need a government that is flexible and actually has the ability to do things in an efficient manner. The last thing we need is a constitution that neuters the government and bogs it down in red tape and bureaucracy.

As FL said some of us have been working lately to propose credible solutions, i.e. attempting to streamline and make the constitution a more effective document and to hopefully tone down our unwieldy government structure. Simple is often better!

What is not credible is holding to a document that has been the cause of some of our issues, and hoping that new elections will magically cure all of our problems. If I just believe maybe it will all get better. This is not the world of Peter Pan. The more you jam the circle into the square hole, the chances of it fitting do not increase.

We need change. Change is good and necessary. Life and everything revolves around change. We do need elections, we hopefully will elect government officials that have the time, willingness and ability to realize that our constitution needs to be scrapped and completely overhauled for a better version.

So, essentially what the citizens of TNP need to do is weigh the importance of sticking with the status quo at the detriment of our region or electing a new government with the will and ability to break the cycle and enact the sort of change that our ailing region needs.

Back