Issue

<soapbox>Could we pretend, if only for a moment, that we have a sense of discipline? Notice I am speaking here, in private, and not rebuking anyone in public as maybe I ought to but I very well shouldn't as it does no teaching at all to humiliate a junior officer in front of a group. Disagree with the ranking decision or not it is still inappropriate of anyone in this Cabinet to undercut it and by extension this government in front of a foreign delegation. It makes us look like a bunch of incoherent, ineffective, slack-jawed grabassers incapable of keeping a republic together --which very well we may be at times but let's humor each other by pretending we're not once in a while. If you disagree, voice it in proper channels like intra-Cabinet or (since you were voted in by the RA) in an RA chamber, not uppercutting this government in front of an outside group. Remember, one salutes the rank not necessarily the man. No wonder they feel themselves privy to bully us around like gangly schmucks if we won't even put on our right behavior. Sure we can claim we're still discussing it, but I haven't seen anyone outside of Haor Chall discuss anything in the past day, and I certainly have not seen Mattihus in that public thread post once -not once- nor very many others here, so excuse me if I will find their claims that they are discussing the matter in-depth and presently highly dubious, at best. As I find it inappropriate for ones of their rank to act in such a way in that thread. </soapbox>

There. That's my rant on good behavior. Harsh I know but where's the fun in a rant if it isn't strongly-worded for emphasis. Bristle if you will, know I still love you all of course, but at least notice I'm not giving anyone a public dressing down. If you have a dissension, let me know I'm not going to bite you, but do it in the appropriate place don't be silent and act a fool in front of the other side.

Not my place to say anything obviously, but I have to agree with the Prime Minister that a certain amount of discipline should be exercised by any official when dealing with matters of the state.

The motion I made was in a public cabinet forum, so everyone knew it was being discussed. I wasn't sure if the economy commission or another committee had made the decision to end negotiations. I just was hoping for clarification on the matter.

I do apologize; I should have asked in a private forum about the matter.

Sorry :(

Back