-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
New Informal Rule System

I hereby as Speaker state that I will follow the following guidelines in moving proposals about in TNP:

1. I define a subquorum to be two fifths of quorum. (I.E. 8 RA members)

2. If a subquorum state support for a proposal in Preliminary Discussion, I will immediately* move that proposal to formal discussion.

3. A Proposal shall sit in Formal Discussion for a week. If at the end of that week the final version of the bill (as controlled by the bill's original author or co-authors) holds a subquorum of support, it shall go to a vote.

4. I will consider support to a bill to remain with whatever version decided on by the author(s) unless I find that the bill has changed too much.

If people have suggestions for improvement of this system, they are welcome.

* Well, as close to that as possible <_<

We've had five months to test these informal rules that Eluvatar put in place, and in all honesty, I feel they serve as an impediment to the presentation of proposals within the regional assembly. I am therefore rescinding these informal rules.

I will be asking all of those who have proposals to update those proposals as soon as possible with any changes they've decided on to date. Over the next three weeks, I will ask all RA members to comment on these various proposals. As to the multiple proposals for constitutional amendment/revision, I plan to put all viable proposals (that is ones that the member who originally proposed still wishes to have considered) on the same track. There may be one or more informal polls posted by me to see if any of these proposals have some level of support. It is possible that more than one proposed revision may come to a vote, and if that happens, the voting period for the proposals will be contemporaneous.)

I will put other issues on the floor as soon as I have things organized. These include: confirmation of new chief justice, election of the board of regents for the University, election to fill vacancies on the Security Council, Haor CHall's bill to amend the inactivity provisions in the legal code. We also need to make a definitive determination as to whether the current term ends in early November as currently provided in the Constitution, or whether the elections are now a month later due to the delay in August.

Back