Charges

Mesian

TNPer
I do not know how this works exactly but I have breached Article III, Section 2, Part 2, Point C of the constitution of TNP.

I have spoken of a NPIA operation, breaking the 'code of silence' as such.

I leave this in your capable hands

Keep it Real

Mesian

Article III:
C - There is to be a North Pacific Intelligence Agency whose duties are to collect and analyze confidential intelligence information for the benefit of the Regional Government and the region as a whole. The Prime Minister shall appoint the leadership of the North Pacific Intelligence Agency after consultation with the personnel of that agency. Any matter concerning the Agency's activities and personnel, except in the case of a criminal prosecution, shall be discussed in confidence without reference in any public record; however, there may be disclosure of confidential information in connection with a criminal or impeachment proceeding. The Prime Minister shall be responsible to the Cabinet and the Regional Assembly for the ongoing oversight of the Agency.

C - There is to be a North Pacific Intelligence Agency whose duties are to collect and analyze confidential intelligence information for the benefit of the Regional Government and the region as a whole. The Prime Minister shall appoint the leadership of the North Pacific Intelligence Agency after consultation with the personnel of that agency. Any matter concerning the Agency's activities and personnel, except in the case of a criminal prosecution, shall be discussed in confidence without reference in any public record; however, there may be disclosure of confidential information in connection with a criminal or impeachment proceeding. The Prime Minister shall be responsible to the Cabinet and the Regional Assembly for the ongoing oversight of the Agency.

Thankyou

You're the current MiniDef, surely you must have your own ability to disclose information as you see fit...

That ability only extends to my command as MoD and an Officer, issues relating to Defence, and operations of current concern, i.e: Azure or Catalyst.

I'll be back in 6 months when we start the trial, save my seat.

seriosuly though, I think your fine.

Twas the NPO who revelaed it first.

I do not know how this works exactly but I have breached Article III, Section 2, Part 2, Point C of the constitution of TNP.

I have spoken of a NPIA operation, breaking the 'code of silence' as such.

I leave this in your capable hands

Keep it Real

Mesian
Am I to presume that this is to be taken as a confession?

I do not see anything wrong with that hopefully you came forward and stated that you had done this i will still serve with you

So Mesian disclosed info on an NPIA intel op? But, as MOD he is not head of the NPIA is he? And if thats the case then Mesian was not within his rights to disclose information was he? And what would be the punishment for a guilty verdict?

So Mesian disclosed info on an NPIA intel op?
So it seems. Or maybe he's just acting very strangely lately.

But, as MOD he is not head of the NPIA is he?
The NPIA is not subordinate to the MoD. It is a separate agency run by the NPIA Director our conspicuously-absent friend Tresville, at the discretion and direction of the Director and beholden to none save the Prime Minister.

And what would be the punishment for a guilty verdict?

Fifty lashes with a wet noodle.

What interesting is that not even the Prime Minister can access NPIA archives. The absence of the NPIA director made it impossible to ascertain what the NPIA did authorize, and what Tresville would have permitted to be disclosed in that would have allowed accountability to occur. would not have mattered if there was a committee, it would not have made any difference.

As to the MoD, the NPA does have military intelligence capacity; however, that wasnt relevant in this situation since NPA action would not have been anticipated.

Please be reminded of the ways we work here, i.e. strictly based on our legal system. Feel free to follow the official proceeding rules as described below (just a few examples):

Constitution Article III Section 2 and TNP Law 4 Section 1:
...6) Attorney General, serving as Minister of Justice.
A - The Attorney General shall be the chief prosecuting officer in The Court of The North Pacific, and shall exercise those responsibilities and duties imposed on the Attorney General under this Constitution and as provided in The North Pacific Legal Code.
...Section 1. Duties of Attorney General in Trial Proceedings.
A - The Attorney General shall be the Chief Prosecutor in The North Pacific and shall be the default prosecutor for all cases brought to trial in The Court of The North Pacific.
Constitution Article 5:
Section 3. Civil Proceedings.
A - Any nation that believes some other nation in The North Pacific has caused injury to any right, liberty, privilege, protection, or other duty that belongs to that nation as a matter of right under the Constitution of The North Pacific, or The North Pacific Legal Code, and which does not rise to the level of a criminal offense, that nation may file, or may request the Attorney General to file, a civil complaint.
Constitution Article 5:
Section 7. Impeachment by Trial.
A - Any Regional Assembly Member may file charges with the Court of The North Pacific against a Cabinet-level positionholder if they believe the officeholder has violated this Constitution or partaken in other gross misconduct. The Nation must provide enough evidence to a Grand Jury to warrant a trial.
Also interesting are Constitution Article V, Sections 5 and 8.

In other words: There are several ways to sue Mesian. The most applicable rule seems to be the impeachment part since Mesian holds a Cabinet-Level position. If anyone wants to pursue this please raise something formal. Sounds strange maybe but this is not a place for confessions unless we have a formal trial and plea.
The Court itself will not act prosecuting authority.

May I also remind you that we had precedence cases against Cabinet members not running in the next elections. :shrug:

As you can tell there is ongoing debate in the peanut gallery thread. And so very important revelations have come out since the charges were first filed. And in all honesty I am not sure what the delay is.

Back