Candidate Nominations/Declaration Thread

Nominations for the May 07 Election are now open.

Positions available are:

• [*]Prime Minister
    [*]Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs
    [*]Minister of External Affairs
    [*]Minister of Defence
    [*]Minister of Justice/Attorney General
    [*]Minister of Arts and Entertainment
    [*]Minister of Culture and Education
    [*]Minister of Communication
    [*]Speaker of The Regional Assembly

[*]UN Delegate
    [*]UN Vice Delegate

[*]Security Council Positions (8, based on current RA membership of 80)
All candidates are expected to have been active participants on the forum for 1 month prior to acceptance of a nomination or declaration of candidacy and be members of the Regional Assembly. Those standing for Minister of Defence should also have received endorsement from current NPA members. In addition, Delegate and Vice Delegate Candidates are expected to have had a UN nation in The North Pacific for the previous three months (ie. since the last elections) in order to be eligible to stand.

Please note that several clarifications of the election law have been adopted, and apply to this election cycle. These include:
  • Candidates for Vice Delegate must meet the same qualifications as for Delegate, including term limitations.
  • Candidates may not be nominated for or declare themselves as candidates for more than one office (other than the Securoty Council.)
  • A candidate for Delegate or Speaker may run for the Security Council, however, votes for someone who is elected as Delegate or Speaker will be disregarded in determining who is elected for the Security Council.
  • In elections for Delegate and Vice Delegate, only Regional Assembly members, who have a UN nation located in TNP or that is in active service with the NPA or NPIA may vote.
Please consult the term limit regulations before announcing your candidacy.

Those wishing to announce their own candidacy, or nominate others, may do so in this thread. All candidates are permitted to start a campaign topic in the relevant section of the election forum (here for Delegate and Vice Delegate Candidates, here for Prime Minister, Cabinet, Speaker and SC candidates). It is advisable for candidates to read the campaign guidelines found in both campaign sections, and especially important for Delegate and Vice Delegate Candidates are the guidelines regarding the gathering of endorsements.

All that remains to be said is good luck all, and may the best candidates win.

The nomination period opens at 0000 GMT, 21 April, which is 8:00 pm EDT (5:00 pm PDT) 20 April. The nomination period will close at 2359 GMT, 27 April, which is 7:59 pm EDT (4:59 pm PDT), 27 April.

Still technically first.

Anywho, me for AG and Security Council. Danke!

I will also second Dalimbar, who nominated himself in a post after this one. I had to use a time machine and a rubber band to do so, but there you have it.

I nominate myself for Minister of External Affairs and Security Council.

I would also like to nominate Monumental Proportions for Minister of Arts and Entertainment, Eluvatar for Speaker of the Regional Assembly and Monte Ozarka for Prime Minister.

As I believe we are now legally entitled to do so, I declare my candidacy for re-election to the position of United Nations Delegate of The North Pacific.

EDIT: I would like to second Byardkuria for Minister of Justice and Security Council. He's sneaky like a fox with his time-machine thing.

I nominate Eluvatar for Security Council and Speaker of the RA.

I also nominate Apollo-Industria for Minister of Communications.

Edit: Thank you, EM, but I respectfully decline the nomination for PM.

I have a question. I was on short break from NS for about a month and a half. I came back a little under a month ago. Am I thus unable to run for a position because I have not been active for a month prior to the declaration of my candidacy?

Until that change happens, I will second BW for MoCE.

Additionally, I would like to nominate FALCONKATS and Zemnaya Svoboda for the same, should they feel like running.

Ator, in checking different threads on this forum:

you were on the Security Council all of this term,
remained in the Regional Assembly all of this term,
was simply listed as "inactive" with the NPA,
here's no evidence that your nations on record wit the registration officials ever CTE'd during the term
and since you gave notice of your extended absence

you should be fine as far as running at this point.

As for me, I've double checked, and I will stand for re-election to the Security Council. (Can't let Byard catch up to me!)

Thanks.

In which case I will declare my intent to run for Minister of Defence as well as a seat on the Security Council.

I accept the nomination for Speaker and for Security Council, thank you EM and MO both. :)

I would like to nominate MonteOzarka for Minister of Communications. :w00t:

I nominate myself for Speaker of the Regional Assembly and the Security Council.

La Duchess

I nominate myself for MoD and wouls like to second Eluvatar for Speaker of the RA and SC. I also second Gaspo as MoIIA.

I will indeed be running for MoIIA. Two terms as Deputy has prolly prepared me well enough ;)

I will also be running for Security Council.

The Despot McGee Serious Party nominates Upper Kirby for the running of Prime Minister, and many other exciting gerunds as well.

As Upper Kirby (that's me), I accept.

The difference between nominations and declaration is this:
Nominations require three other members of the RA to nominate someone for a particular office, then the nominee has to accept.
Otherwise, someone may declare themselves as a candidate, and do not require seconda.

I would like to nominate Zemnaya Svoboda for the position of Vice-Delegate.

I would like to second Upper Kirby for the position of Prime Minister as well as second Apollo-Industria for the position of Minister of Communications.

Nominations require three other members of the RA to nominate someone for a particular office, then the nominee has to accept.
Otherwise, someone may declare themselves as a candidate, and do not require seconda.
Ah. Well, to save time and effort, I will just go ahead and declare myself as a candidate for MoC.

:blink:

Okay. Just in case I didn't quite get 3 nominations, I not only accept them but also declare my candidacy...

Just in case anyone hasn't been able to keep track, A-I has two people who have hnominated him for MoC; and he's the only one who isn't a candidate on the unofficial list.

I believe I've got everyone else so far on the unofficial list click here

The nomination period opens at 0000 GMT, 21 April, which is 8:00 pm EDT (5:00 pm PDT) 20 April. The nomination period will close at 2359 GMT, 27 April, which is 7:59 pm EDT (4:59 pm PDT), 27 April.

The nomination/declarations period is now closed.

An official list of candidates will be posted before the voting period opens.

Back