UN Vote on Repeal "UN Biological Weapons Ban"

Dalimbar

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Despot
-
TNP Nation
Angel of Wine
My dearest apologies for the lack of post on this matter. For the last two evenings I have been doing fund raisers for various RL school groups I'm involved with.

Commencing the discussion and vote on the following UN Vote up right now, I would like to present "Repeal UN Biological Weapons Ban".

Repeal "UN Biological Weapons Ban"

A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal

Resolution: #113

Proposed by: Karmicaria

Description: UN Resolution #113: UN Biological Weapons Ban (Category: Global Disarmament; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The United Nations;

RECONGNIZING the intent of UNR#113 "UN Biological Weapons Ban";

NOTING that UNR #113 includes such things as the common cold and flu, but does not include non-contagious infectious agents such as anthrax, which enables nations to exploit this oversight and develop biological weapons using such non-contagious infectious agents;

CONCERNED that giving control of all biological research facilities to the military within member nations is excessive and would come at a great cost to the nations civil liberties and economies;

DISTURBED that the resolution severely hinders legitimate research of countermeasures to biological attack;

BELIEVING that the united nations can find better ways to convince non-member nations to refrain from using biological weapons through more diplomatic means than by severing and refusing alliances with them;

HEREBY repeals UN Resolution #113 "UN Biological Weapons Ban", in order to make room for more comprehensive legislation.

I will be casting the region's ballot Friday evening PST.

¿How is it going to affect to my country description? If my country repeals it I don't know if it can be interpreted as encouraging to produce biological weapons.

I think that we should propose a new resolution in order to restrict voting resolutions involving security to those countries wich produce those weapons.

(I apologize for the possible mistakes made but I'm not used to write in English language)

¿How is it going to affect to my country description? If my country repeals it I don't know if it can be interpreted as encouraging to produce biological weapons.

I think that we should propose a new resolution in order to restrict voting resolutions involving security to those countries wich produce those weapons.

(I apologize for the possible mistakes made but I'm not used to write in English language)
In order for a new resolution to be passed the old one has to be repealed first. Those are the Rules laid down by Moderation.

PS: I vote AYE if that's ok <_<

Yes, Elu, it is ok, as I know you do have a nation in TNP. And thank you for the explanation.

As I see a true consensus in agreement with this resolution, and unless I see last minute voting against this resolution, I will be voting AYE.

Back