Staff Appointment

TNP LAW 17 gives us considerable leeway in how the Staff of the University are appointed and even named.

I think, first off, that they should be called Professors.

Second of all, who shall appoint them? I think we should allow the Chancellor to appoint Professors to positions we create, but require that the Board of Regents approve such an appointment.

Perhaps also the Chancellor should be allowed to remove a Professor unless the Board has given them Tenure?

What do you all think?

TNP LAW 17 gives us considerable leeway in how the Staff of the University are appointed and even named.

I think, first off, that they should be called Professors.

Second of all, who shall appoint them? I think we should allow the Chancellor to appoint Professors to positions we create, but require that the Board of Regents approve such an appointment.

Perhaps also the Chancellor should be allowed to remove a Professor unless the Board has given them Tenure?

What do you all think?
FOR

Proposed Staff Regulations:
1.The instructors of all courses in the North Pacific University shall be titled Professors.

2. The Board of Regents shall establish Courses, each of which shall require a Professor.

3. The Chancellor shall nominate Professors to teach each course, and the Board of Regents shall vote whether to confirm the nomination as an appointment.

4. The Chancellor shall have the right to remove any Professor for reasons of malfeasance or nonfeasance at any time unless that Professor holds Tenure.

5. The Board of Regents may issue Tenure to a Professor after their first completion of a full course of teaching by a majority vote.

So this is a specific codification of what I was saying earlier. Sound good?

i have a question that will there be a Dean appointed to each of these schools and if the are these Deans should also be accountable for their Professors. and the believe that then dean should give the President of the University and report which then the President could relay that to the Regents.

i have a question that will there be a Dean appointed to each of these schools and if the are these Deans should also be accountable for their Professors. and the believe that then dean should give the President of the University and report which then the President could relay that to the Regents.
I think that at first we should not add any more bureaucracy, but if a need presents itself and the manpower is available it sounds great :)

Proposed Staff Regulations:
1.The instructors of all courses in the North Pacific University shall be titled Professors.

2. The Board of Regents shall establish Courses, each of which shall require a Professor.

3. The Chancellor shall nominate Professors to teach each course, and the Board of Regents shall vote whether to confirm the nomination as an appointment.

4. The Chancellor shall have the right to remove any Professor for reasons of malfeasance or nonfeasance at any time unless that Professor holds Tenure.

5. The Board of Regents may issue Tenure to a Professor after their first completion of a full course of teaching by a majority vote.

So this is a specific codification of what I was saying earlier. Sound good?
Let's vote on this :)

I think with 3 Aye and 2 not yet voted this probably passes (Though if Emperor Matthuis and Unterwasserseestaat could yet vote that would be great :) )..

I've just arrived at the University as OPArnesal's replacement on the Board, but i will have to abstain on this, since y;all had this to a vote before the RA elected me.

Back