Schools of the University?

TNP Law 17 gives us the power to establish separate Schools within the University should we chose.

The question is should we, and how many.

Personally, I like the idea of having a few schools, perhaps a School of Real Life (could be better named) a general school of NationStates Gameplay, and perhaps a Military School, Legal School, and maybe an Intelligence school.

What are the opinions of others?

(Treat this like preliminary discussion in the Regional Assembly)

I guess I might as well dress it up in formal language.

Proposed Schools:
The North Pacific University shall have several schools as listed below:

1. The College of NationStates GamePlay
2. The Out Of Character Fraternity

The College of NationStates GamePlay shall contain a number of schools within it:

1. The School of Law
2. The School of War
3. The Intelligence School

Suggestions?

I won't go into details, but I'm aware that the U may be able to create a couple of institutes for the study of various aspects of nationstates and off-NS site activity.

I plan to approach Mikitivity, the brains behind the Unoted nations Organizations forum about moving some or all of his research projects to the U; I also plan to ask the International Democratic Union about joining in to help teach subject matters related to the UN and UN resolutions. (For thos of you who are not familiar with the IDU, the region's members have authored or sponsored more adopted UN resolutions that any other region in Nationstates (!8): they even offer a service to hep players with drafting proposals for the UN. The region was founded by nations that were expelled from TNP by Great Bight, and who decided to form their own region so they could concentrate on the UN; and TNP and the IDU hav established diplomatic relations. (In fact, while the region was at Old Blue, Mikitivity maintained the UN archives for the Region; which shows that the regions have cooperated for a long time.)

Mik is active in the IDU, he's one of the founders and the only founder who is been active there lately. He is listed as the IDU ambassador to TNP, although my UN has filled that task lately because of Mik's real life commitments lately.

The function of the NPIA shouldn't have anything to do with it - I definitely see the value of a school of intelligence, and think it would attract a fair chunk of interest in the U from outside the region,which is one of my goals.

I think an intel school would be a good idea, to cover such things as infiltration, data gathering, How to IP scan etc.

Agreed, the work of the NPIA has nothing to do with the function of the school.

I think we need like a goverment training school so that other Nations States will be able to teach there Nations on Good Leaderships principles

Since it appears each separate proposal we discuss is that much longer we have to discuss it, I'm going to add in the actual course list.

The College of NationStates GamePlay shall contain a number of schools within it:

1. The School of Law
2. The School of War

Each school shall have a number of courses:

1. The School of Law
  • The Constitution
  • The Legal Code
  • Government

2. The School of War
  • Defending
  • Invading
  • Endorsement-Swapping

• ???

The Out Of Character Fraternity shall also have a number of courses.
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Biology
  • History
  • Writing
  • Literature

Obviously I need some more suggestions here.

I was thinking of a school for diplomacy where nations representives could come together and discuss ideas and proposals kind of like a think tank.

Updated proposal:

1. The School of Law
2. The School of War
3. The School of Intelligence
4. The School of Diplomacy

1. The School of Law
  • The Constitution
  • The Legal Code
  • Government

2. The School of War
  • Defending
  • Invading
  • Endorsement-Swapping

• ???

• Etiquette
  • Regional Reports

• Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Biology
  • History
  • Writing
  • Literature

Finalized proposal: (If Byardkuria could put this up for a vote in here that would be great)

1. The School of Law
2. The School of War

1. The School of Law
  • The Constitution
  • The Legal Code
  • Government

2. The School of War
  • Defending
  • Invading
  • Endorsement-Swapping

• Intelligence I
  • Intelligence II

• Etiquette
  • Regional Reports

• Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Biology
  • History
  • Writing
  • Literature

So yeah, I think we're ready to vote on this as we can always revise it later.

This list looks very good as an aspiration, but i think like all places of learning we may need to pick a smaller number of courses with which to open in our first semester.

I would look to courses on:

Forum administration
Espionage (sounds more sexy than intel)
Invading
Defending

I would also add

5. The school of gaming and Roleplay

a roleplay 101
b organising and running roleplayQ1

As a starter, and hopefully move to the full curriculum ASAP.

Both Excellent ideas. Personally, I think "region building" would have more general appeal, and probably should be in the first wave of schools.

Both Excellent ideas. Personally, I think "region building" would have more general appeal, and probably should be in the first wave of schools.
But doesn't that inherently encourage people to leave TNP and make their own regions :o

Also, Byard did make this a vote thread, so it would be nice to know if you're voting Aye or Nay :P

Does Flem get a vote?

Yes but we want the University to be open to everyone, not just TNP members so it will attract people to our forums.

Back