First Annual Defender Awards announced

First Annual Defender Awards announced
Today the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) announced its intention to hold the first annual defender awards on its forums. Despite a date yet to be set for the awards, the FRA has announced that it is ready to start receiving nominations within a week.

The brainchild of the FRA, The Defender Awards is the first of its kind to be held by defenders, and it is hoped that it will soon become an annual event. Northern Chittowa, the organiser of the event, today stated his excitement about the awards, ‘These awards wont be like any other that have been held in NS. We have been planning this for some time now, discussing what awards should be included as well as what should be left out. We are now left with a set of awards designed not only for show, but also pride.’

In January 2007, Invaders originally tried to hold the first Invader Awards, however due to lack of organisation, promotion and interest from the parties involved, it soon faded and has yet to be completed. Many sceptics of the awards have asked how the defenders own brand will be any different, and have stated their concerns that this is just be a publicity stunt for the FRA and Defenders in general. Northern Chittowa has strongly denied this by stating, ‘This is in no way, shape or form a stunt, but a way to award those who have done a great service to the defender cause.’ He went on to say, ‘The mistakes of the Invader Awards have been taken on during the discussions for ours and we have already taken steps to ensure that this one shall be successful.’

With the stage for the awards already having been set up on the FRA forums, all that is left, according to its organisers, are the people who will make it a success. ‘What we need now, are people from all across the spectrum of NS, ranging from defenders, to neutrals and invaders as well. We want this to be a success, and the only way it will be one, is if people take an active part.’

With awards ranging from the Lifetime Achievement award, to The International Cynic award, there are 13 overall awards which can be won. Despite a date having to yet be announced for the nomination period to start, the FRA are already encouraging people to begin to sign up to their forums at http://z7.invisionfree.com/FRA/index.php?act=idx and to begin to think who they would like to nominate for what award. While the Award forums are read only at the moment, visitors are encouraged to take part in any of the activities taking place on the forums at the time.

While there is scepticism as to how successful this award ceremony shall be, it is hoped by many that it will be a success and the awards shall become an annual event, of which defenders will take pride of being involved in.

In January 2007, Invaders originally tried to hold the first Invader Awards, however due to lack of organisation, promotion and interest from the parties involved, it soon faded and has yet to be completed

Invaders already have there own awards so there is no need for us to have an awards for them. Also if you were an invader would you sign up on a defender board for an award an end up with the defenders having the ip?

LIES!!!!

This is the second Raider Awards

Teh Proof (Clicky)

See? We are not that incompetent that we can't hold an award ceremony, Invaders just made the mistake of not advertising the second one well enough.

Knockavale:
Also if you were an invader would you sign up on a defender board for an award an end up with the defenders having the ip?

I'm signed up on the FRA forums under Evil Wolf, I did that about a month ago and Lone Wolves United even has an embassy there.

I know more about your organization than you do :P

Doesn't the article also say that you need invaders and neutrals to also attend your little party?

I can think of a handfull of "old school" die-hard defenders who might attend, but not many others who would consider it.

I'll be interested to see how you attract people. Should it be sucessful, it will be a great marketing lesson for all of us. I wish you luck.

LIES!!!!

This is the second Raider Awards

Teh Proof (Clicky)

See? We are not that incompetent that we can't hold an award ceremony, Invaders just made the mistake of not advertising the second one well enough.

Knockavale:
Also if you were an invader would you sign up on a defender board for an award an end up with the defenders having the ip?

I'm signed up on the FRA forums under Evil Wolf, I did that about a month ago and Lone Wolves United even has an embassy there.

I already said sorry about missing out that slight point! :P

Sheesh, you'll be demanding blood off me next... :P

Doesn't the article also say that you need invaders and neutrals to also attend your little party?

I can think of a handfull of "old school" die-hard defenders who might attend, but not many others who would consider it.

I'll be interested to see how you attract people. Should it be successful, it will be a great marketing lesson for all of us. I wish you luck.

Invaders are more then welcome to attend and are encouraged. While it is a Defender awards ceremony, Invaders are more then welcome to come along and even nominate people to certain awards. :)

Plus, its an excuse for a party, so why wouldnt they want to come! :P

And i can understand your point about some defenders who would not even consider attending, however i have seen, quite surprisingly i must say, a positive response to this. Its true that it cant be successful without peoples involvement, as i stated in the article.

This is an interesting change from the norm, and instead of being serious all the while, why cant we just have a bit of fun once again, and hopefully, while defenders should be proud to win such an award, they will have a lot of fun as well.

Are you going to show your face over on the FRA forums Darkesia? You would be more then welcome to join in :D

Knockavale:

What organization? :D
Who the hell are Lone Wolves United?

Ok so if you were an invader excepting evil wolf and any members of LWU would you sign up on a defender board for an award an end up with the defenders having the ip?

and NC i think i know how im going to nomiante for a certain award.

Successful start for Defender Awards

After months of planning the First Annual Defender Awards got off to a successful start this week, which has resulted in a very busy time for the organisers. Following a period of promotion, the FRA forums have been inundated with people from all sides of the Nationstates spectrum, ranging from past defenders and invaders to current ones.

With all awards bar one being contested, one of the awards which has gained the most interest is the Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending, which has seen 10 nations already reaching the required quota with still another week left before the nomination period closes.

With invaders also being allowed to participate in this year’s award ceremony, it has allowed for some interesting choices to be made for certain awards. The Blackbird Award for the Invader group which is viewed by the community as the greatest of last year for whatever reason, has seen the usual names being put up for vote, such as the DEN and Lone Wolves United. This year has also seen the rise to fame of Catlandatopia who have carved out a reputation for being ruthless invaders, often gaining a superior amount of nations to that of the defending force. Despite being attributed to the destruction of a number of regions, Catlandatopia has also helped out a number of regions by helping them to refound.

Northern Chittowa, the organiser of the event has stated how pleased he is with the turnout so far, and hopes for the initial success to continue, ‘It has been an amazing turnout thus far. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well it is doing just now, and with another week of nominations yet to start, I am very hopeful now of this not only being a successful event this year, but also for the years to come.’

Northern Chittowa, who has found himself nominated for the Lifetime Achievement Award has also hinted at possible changes to be made for next time, ‘With these being the first of its kind for the Defender world, and the first I have organised myself, there were always going to be a few teething problems and that’s the case. There are things which can be improved slightly and awards which should be changed or introduced’

With the excitement now building with only one week left for nominations, those who have already been added to the ballot have been left to hope that luck is on their side come voting day.

Right, the nomination period ends tomorrow night, so if you still have someone in mind for an award, get to the FRA forums and nominate them!

There will be one day of rest and double checking by myself to make sure i havent missed anyone off, and then on Friday the voting will begin!

To vote, you have to be registered on the FRA forum. Then, send a PM to 'Ballot Collector' stating your votes for ALL awards, as well as including what region you are from. You can only vote for one person in each category. :)

The Confirmed nominations are:

The EuroSoviets Award
Valiturus
Dipes
BKB

The Ananke Award
Valiturius
Caras Way
Anime Daisuke/Silentvoice

The Anarchotopia Award
ADN
GGF
West Pacific Liberation Force
Pacific Defenders
TITO
RLA

The Eagles Disobey Award
10,000 Islands
North Pacific
The West Pacific
Pacific Defenders
Equilism

The Blackbird Award
Lone Wolves United
Catlandatopia
DEN
Invaders Army

The Most reliable updater
Ananke
Valiturus
Anime Daisuki/Silventvoice
Jesioneka
Pheonix 101/Mecha Nation
Golden Gangstas
Mac Dre

The Operation of the year
Iraq
Philippines

The Best newcomer Award (for region, nation, organisation)
FRA
San Francisco Bay Area
The YoungWorld
Valiturus
Anime Daisuki/Silentvoice
ADN
Jethnea

The Defender Unity Award
FRA
ADN

The Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending
Pope Hope
Dilber
Caras Way
Xhadam
Grub
Northern Chittowa
Dipes
Anarchotopia
Westwind
Eurosoviets
Unistrut
Westwind
Big Killer Babys
The Red Factions.

The Worst Invasion Award
Amarican's Invasion of Gatesville
Middle Earth

The International Cynic Award
Arov
Blackbird
The entire The North Pacific Board.

The Best Defender Quote
Silentvoice - "A spotted invasion is a failed invasion"

Clockwork Isle "Alway Outnumbered, Never Outgunned"

So_Damninsane "don't kick out the chair"

(Summer 2005)
[02:20] Grenval: okay, i just sent the last tguer to bed
[02:20] Dilber: k
[02:21] Lanna: not only sending them on missions, but now... to bed
[02:21] Moo-Cows: that's true power
[02:21] Xhadam: lol
[02:22] Xhadam: Soldiers, it is your bed time and you will get in
those beds and you will SLEEP
[02:22] Grenval: you will be well rested tomorrow for update

Pheonix 101/Mecha Nation: May the wisdom of all the defenders before guide your path

Zurich: Terrorist.

So please come on over to the FRA forums and vote!

Aww shucks, I knew I shouldn't have left that game called defenders and invaders when I did. Who knows, maybe I'd be groveling for a little award right now?

What do all those awards even mean? (the ones with the names, of course)
Heres the list telling you what each of them are for.

The EuroSoviets Award

The EuroSoviets award is given to the nation who is viewed by the NS community as the one nation who has helped the defender cause the most in the last year.

The Ananke Award

The Ananke Award is giving to those nations who spend their own time looking out for any invasions that are taking place. This normally means staying up till very late and sacrificing their sleep for the greater good.

The Anarchotopia Award

This award is given to the Organisation which has proved the most successful in preventing invasions.

The Eagles Disobey Award

This award is awarded to a particular region which has done its utmost to keep free regions free.

The Blackbird Award

A special award that is given to the invader group which the NS community considers the best out there due to whatever reason.

The Most reliable updater

An Award for the person who has been involved in more update missions than any other, and has shown dedication to be there if they are needed

The Operation of the year

The mission which stands out from all others from the last year due to the success, the numbers involved or any other reason.

The Best newcomer Award (for region, nation, organisation)

Given to the region, nation or organisation which has helped the defender cause so greatly since its Inception

The Defender Unity Award

Given to the nation, region or organisation which has done its utmost to bring together all defenders.

The Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending

The award given to the nation who has been a dedicated servant to the defender cause for many years, often sacrificing different luxuries in order to help as much as they can.

The Worst Invasion Award

The award given to the operation which was classed as the worst invasion due to defender mistakes, invader cunning or any other reason

The International Cynic Award

TBC

The Best Defender Quote

A light hearted award, given to the nation whos quote or motto has been considered strange, funny or different.

Aww shucks, I knew I shouldn't have left that game called defenders and invaders when I did. Who knows, maybe I'd be groveling for a little award right now?

Well, who knows, perhaps this will tempt you back in :P

The voting period ends on Wednesday (21/03/07) so if you have not voted yet, please do so soon!

Send your votes to Ballot Collector via a Private Message!

Back