Request judicial review

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
Law 5:
C - Any member Nation with UN member status located within the Region that has registered to vote and that is not ineligible to serve by any limitation of service provision or additional qualification for office in the Constitution, may declare its candidacy for UN Delegate or UN Vice Delegate. Such Nation that has UN membership shall have resided in The North Pacific for at least three months, and shall have been active on the Regional off-site forum for at least one month at the time of nomination or declaration of candidacy for election to the office of Delegate or Vice Delegate.

Firstly, what mechanism is there to prove a nation has been within the region for the 3 months necessary (because what do we do if there isn't any way of checking...?)? Secondly, what is meant by "active" on the forum for at least a month?

I agree with those rational question. I think it need some more expansion into it.

Haor, I believe your quetion is directed to the wrong party. Judicial review comes in when there is a question of how the law applies to a specific state of facts or there are conflicting provisions that reach different results as to the same facts.

You probably should address this to the the Cabinet instead.

First off, I don't think anyone checks if nations have been in-region for 3 months. In fact, everyone knew I was NPA and was out of the region more than I was in prior to my election. Also, it doesn't specify that it needs to be the 3 months immediately prior to the election, so depending on the interpretation, nations returning after a hiatus from the game could be eligible. No matter, there is really no easy way to check.

I read "Active" as having registered on the forum at least one month prior, and having logged on at some point during the past 30 days. Both can be verified, but whether it's done or not would be up to the election commissioners, I would think.

At the end of the day, I believe it would be highly unlikely for anyone who hasn't been around for at least 90 days to win an election for Delegate. Frankly, it's a position in which trust is paramont. Not easy to gain in the short run. :2c:

You know that this will require added stipulations to the legal code. Shouldn't this be disussed with the RA and then posted as a proposal?

But I believe the second part of his question is in reference to a law that needs clarification. That I believe is something that the court can do.

So i guess it should be 2 threads that need to be posted.?

Actually there is a way if a user posts and they have posts that are dated beyond a month, and if the date of admission to the RA is kept, then tht will document being active on the forums within the month.

It's possible to check if a nation has been in TNP for 3 months or more. So far, it's not really been necessary, as all the candidates have been residents of TNP for a pretty significant amount of time. But if someone wants to be a pain and demand it, it can be done.

Actually there is a way if a user posts and they have posts that are dated beyond a month, and if the date of admission to the RA is kept, then tht will document being active on the forums within the month.
Doesn't really prove they are active, just that they held an account here for over a month!!

Back