At Vote: Prohibition of UN Military

Great Bights Mum

Grande Dame
-
-
-
-
The resolution quoted below is currently up for vote in the UN.

Please post your views and stance on this resolution. Note, however, that you must have a UN nation in The North Pacific, or on active NPA duty, in order for the Delegate to count your vote.

The voting on the forum will close on Tues., Jan. 2, 2007 at 11:59pm GMT.

The Resolution at Vote:
Prohibition of UN Military
A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security
Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Omigodtheykilledkenny

Description:

Determined to maintain the neutrality of the United Nations over international affairs, and to protect the territorial sovereignty and integrity of member states, This Assembly hereby resolves:

1. Member states shall neither raise nor contribute funds or forces toward the creation of any army or police force under the banner or command of the NationStates United Nations;

2. Member states shall neither request nor expect intervention in any armed conflict by any UN-created military or police force.

Yeah, Karmi's back to be a bit of a pest. :hello:

Why is everyone, save one person, against this? I mean, it already written in the rules. Which, can be found here.

The proposal was also written at the request of the NS Moderators. Well one of them anyway. That post can be found here

This is an In Character justification of an Out of Character rule. That's all.

This proposal basically gives an IC justification for an existing OOC rule. I can't vote here myself because my UN is in another region, but I hope you guys vote for this.

Please vote against because if it passes then what is the use of the United Nations
The UN will still have many uses, like passing new laws.

Read the posts just before and just after yours.

If this proposal passes, it will have no effect on your nation other then boost your military/police budget.

For, for the same reasons given by karmicaria and Winter Vacationers. The United Nations has never had an army, will never have an army, and considering how it's run, probably should not have an army. Voting against this proposal does not accomplish anything.

The vote was 3/9, so I have voted against the resolution. Thanks to all who voted, and thank you Karmicaria for visiting us and expressing your position.

Back